1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spider-Man Officially Joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Junkyard_Dog, Feb 9, 2015.

1. 713

713 Member

Asa Butterfield will be the next Spidey

http://www.latino-review.com/news/asa-butterfield-is-spider-man

[​IMG]

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Been hearing about him as the top choice for a while now. People are gonna complain about how baby faced he is, but if they are gonna do high school, I'm glad they got somebody that looks like a high schooler. Peter Parker was only 15 when he was bit.

I like the choice, they aren't gonna go origin story again so it should be something new. Plus he doesn't have the obnoxiously punchable face that Garfield has.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

He pissed off a rich guy at studio by not showing up at an announcement that he would be Spider-Man again.

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

32 years old. Garfield was never a great spiderman. Too Emo. Not real nerdy enough.

Ender got the nerdy down. I just wonder how he does with the wise cracks.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Someone that young cant play the same role the Spiderman in the Civil War story played. I'm fine with it but it smells like a money grab. A kid superhero to market wasn't in their lineup. Now it is.

7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was very anti garfield and the second reboot but I actually enjoyed certain aspects and think he was pretty decent.

I love spiderman and he's by far my favorite comic book character but even I am not sure I can sit through another reboot.

Please...can someone get this right?

8. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

The best adaptation of Spiderman is still the animated Spectacular Spiderman series.

I wasn't a fan of the art style at first, but the stories are faithful to the comics and link together nicely so it grew on me. I'd recommend it over any of the live action movies if you are a Spiderman fan.

[youtube]XLXyoIcKRzA[/youtube]

9. 713

713 Member

Garfield was a great Spiderman. Peter Parker was a different story.

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

11. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

good point.

On another note, can we please not have pete ride skate board. Whoever thought that was a good idea needs to be fired.

12. magman

magman Member

I can't complain. Marvel has done a decent job at casting, and I'm so glad Sony no longer has total control of Spider-Man.

The move to Marvel Studios will end the reboot cycle Sony had going on. Going to be great seeing Spider-Man in the shared universe, especially a kid dealing with the likes of Iron Man and Captain Americ;, but I do get the feeling that many will be like WTF, where's the other guy that played Spider-Man.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Spider-Man is the most compelling Marvel character and they need to finally get it right this time.

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

Agreed with this. But I feel like this would strengthen the argument of casting Garfield again. In Civil War, I assume the heroes would spend more time in costume and less time as their alter egos.

15. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

like magman mentioned, maybe it will be good to get it out of Sony's hands. They seem to screw up so many things

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I imagine he's probably gonna be signed to a huge 8-10 picture deal between the two studios. Now that RDJ is on the way out (aging and getting very expensive), they need a charismatic hero for their team movies, and they want Spiderman to take over that role.

One the reasons that they want him so young is so that he can grow into that role. I think by the end of Infinity War he's the star moving forward and it sets them up for a whole new cycle.

Lot of pressure for both studios to get this right.

17. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

^ I was thinking the same thing..that they want a younger guy that can grow into the role. It's a risky move though because if people don't like him then you're screwed.

18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Sony still owns spiderman and I think the only way marvels gets him back is from Sony's cold dead hands. Spider man is a cash cow for Sony.

19. magman

magman Member

Yeah Sony still has the rights, but the deal with Marvel Studio takes a lot of the stupid creative decisions (Aunt May a super spy rumored movie, sinister six etc.) out of Sony's hand, and into Marvel's hands, who have shown to be adept at building a universe.

20. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

I know they still own Spiderman, but i'm thinking that the creative control will be more on the side of marvel. Sure Sony will have to approve it, but marvel has proven they know what they are doing with superhero movies and Sony is struggling with finding the right way to do spiderman. Plus, spiderman will be coming into an established field, i don't see how Sony could force marvel to change everything around