1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Speculation: Morey's FA Target #1 is... Dwight Howard?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 2, 2012.

1. dcfor2d

dcfor2d New Member

Speculation: Morey's FA Target #1 is... Zombie Wilt Chamberlain?

I figured if CH is going to throw around speculations, so will I.

Wilt Chamberlain's corpse should still be relatively fresh. His exhumed corpse should still have all his vital organs and muscles. Wilt Chamberlain's corpse is a FA, so the Rockets would be able to sign him without giving up any of our players. As a zombie, Wilt Chamberlain's corpse would not suffer from fatigue and unlikely to get injured.

I don't really see why we'd get Dwight or CPS, Wilt Chamberlain's corpse is more likely to sign with the Rockets.

2. Pokito1120

Pokito1120 Member

Its funny reading you peoples Christmas wishlist of DH or CP3 leaving their Big Market/Playoff Teams to come to Houston but honestly I do think Howard will leave LAL

3. BeardlyBeardman

I find it hard to see how anyone can watch him go Super Emo Cutting Myself Dwight after a loss (like last night) and then blame his team mates for not picking up his slack on defense (like he did last night) and then say, "Hey that's the guy I want for my team full of young players!"

Not that the notion of him coming to Houston has any merit, but he's really where he belongs. He gets all the attention he craves and if they fail you blame it on the team/coach for not meshing all those superstars together well. Where else can he get that?

4. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

arent you aware that current lakers 5 is better than that? and they are nevertheless in deep s.h.i.t...far from being champions...

2 words - TEAMBALL AND CHEMISTRY

5. torocan

torocan Member

Dwight bailing on the Lakers at the end of the season may NOT be as far fetched as some folks think....

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/dento...time-orlando-and-reasons-wanting-leave-part-2

1 person likes this.
  6. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

YESSSSSSS ahahaha

It begins.

Dwightmare Part II: Return of the Revenge of the Son of Free Agency

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I can just imagine the GARM if we had Dwight.

"Why does McHale keep telling Lin to pass the ball to the big man. Dwight is clogging the lane."

8. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Why is Dwight Howard not making free throw?

This player is not a very good player.

9. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Two things..

Would he be willing to leave the big market city of Los Angeles for Houston?

Would he take lesser money to play for another team since the Lakers can offer him a contract bigger than any one else could?

10. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

11. alethios

alethios Member

TBF, they are missing a key component that would make Pringles' offense work - Steve Nash

If I were D'Antoni, I would hire a freethrow one-on-one instructor to mentor DH on FTs until he's at least 70%. Everyone is going to jump on the Hack-a-Howard bandwagon including us if necessary (not saying I'm proud of this, but it's a tactic that does have good results).

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

"Dwight's like a black-hole. Once Lin passes him the ball, he never passes back out, all he does is try and score down low, leaving Lin to hang around like an unnecessary appendage. It's a huge waste of Lin's talent. Howard's just not a good fit."

13. alethios

alethios Member

You're right. I live with someone who suffers a lot from AD and is BP, so I'm a little sensitive to the misconceptions of overly-opinionated people. However, she has a sense of humor unlike RW and I kinda joke around with a very touchy subject when I should be more careful.

Mea culpa - I should know better #Shamed

14. torocan

torocan Member

Yah, don't see that happening.

If Lin is passing to Dwight, it's so Dwight can score... not so he can playmake.

Does anyone think Dwight will be bringing the ball up the floor? That would be quite the sight... :grin:

15. Grigori

Grigori Member

Sounds like Howard+CP3 to DAL incoming if this LAL thing doesn't work out. It's going to be fun knocking them out of the playoffs two years in a row with Lin+Asik. It's going to be a lot of fun. It's too bad that Lin+Asik will be in LAL for the next LAL dynasty in 3 years.

;)

16. yahboyryan

yahboyryan Member

I would like to get Howard in this squad with him, lin, and harden should be fun to Watch!

17. SRR21

SRR21 Member

I don't want him he is a cry baby that don't play hard every night and refuses to work on his free throws. Not only that but it would take our whole team to get him and and set us back 3 yrs. Then back problem shut down mode begins again.

18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I will Asik and destroy Morey if they go after Howard...

We already have a non-diva big man that is willing to learn and only will get better...

19. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

Ill take Asik over Howard...

most of you will think im nuts... but I think Asik has done more developing in the small sample size of games we see...

than Howard has done his whole career...

if Howard worked on getting more post moves in his offensive game...and worked on getting his head straight he could have been listed among the greats for sure...

20. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

why are the last 3 posters talking about just Lin...

he will eat up Hardens passes too..

but in Howard defense he has never had a problem in passing the ball out...

in fact... I feel he passes it out too much

If your big is any good he should expect double teams... and should be able to beat them