1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Speculation: Morey's FA Target #1 is... Chris Paul?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roflmcwaffles, Dec 3, 2012.

1. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

cmon cp3 has just a few buckets better stats than lin

Clippers are 10-6 now, with much much better team(ON PAPER- SEE HOW PAPER DOESNT MEAN A THING) and we would be 10-6 also were it not for the referee mistakes against miami and batum and lillard going MJ against us....

both Howard and CP3 are overblown by media....no true quality...orlando even beat Howard last night...Howard with kobe gasol and other solid lakers players....
    Asik will soon be better than Howard...

2. Allegro

Allegro Member

Harden will love playing with CP3 -- and hardly ever having the ball.

We'll call this the unBearded offense.

3. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

4. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

When I get thread starting privilege, I'm gonna make a thread: "Speculation: Morey's FA Target #1 is... Lebron James?" :grin: Seems a very trendy thing on this forum to make this type of thread. We already have two such threads within a day. ;)

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

To be fair, Nash is out, Gasol is not playing like an all-star anymore, and they just went from one of the worst coaches in the NBA to a below average one.

6. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Do you not realize how we got James Harden?

Do you not remember how the Heat were 9-8 in their first stint together?

Your argument is not only terrible, it's hypocritical.

7. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

I do agree and I don't think its a bad thing for Lin if that's the case. Hey, lob city for lin to Blake and Jordon. ;)

8. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

and the 2nd strongest strength of schedule so far(.593)

rockets at 13th(.503)

9. YYYY1313

YYYY1313 Member

Let me sum up this thread with the following: waodjpoawjdpoajfopajwdopajwdpoajwdopja
    waodjapowdjopawjdopawjdpoawjfopeagpiojaegisjkxncklvjnwepafjopqjsdnvioawdjpoajeovfg[sdnbkisdpfioweopajfopawjfopawjfopvsndogpajopfwajopfjpoawfjopawjfpo

I'm just saying.

10. Exel

Exel Member

True, but when your stars develop chemistry ala the Heat. Watch out. It takes time. I won't count out the Lakers just yet. See where they are the end of the season and if they're still playing like dog crap, then they most likely have chemistry issues.

11. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

nash played in preseason and they sucked -lost all the games!!!

and there is a reason pau dont play well there is no enough balls for all the stars....(pau played well on olimpics)....they simply do not mesh well....

there is no proof mike brow is the worst coach...it's just an interpretation to suit you preconcieved notion that stars = wins...

btw lakers had best coach and were swept 4-0 by team with almost no stars-Dallas!!!

perhaps there is lesson here? don't worship stars... stars are made by the media and games are won by the teams...

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i take your point, but considering Detroit is the only team over the last 20 years that's won a championship without any "stars", i'd have to disagree with you.

13. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

I dont say dont buy stars... if you need em buy... but when you have nice going team with beautiful chemistry why spoil it?...(howard and cp3 are just few points above Lin and asik and these are cheaper and younger!)

you have 5-6 players developing at a high rate of which perhaps somebody will be a star(Asik perhaps?)...so you have your 2 stars....you have no guarantee you'll win the championship even if you have 3 stars...Look at new york and amare and melo...

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

Preseason doesn't matter, dude. Anyway, Mike Brown has no idea how to utilize Nash. D'Antoni is a great fit with him.

15. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

how about dallas mavs...ok they had Dirk, and we have Harden...Lin and Asik are potential stars...and Parsons....Howard and Asik are averaging just a few buckets and/or assists over Asik and Lin...and potential of asik and lin is greater and they are cheaper...if we can get some stars better use cap space and add them to the team

16. da_juice

da_juice Member

Unlikely. If he was still in New Orleans, I might be inclined to agree with you. But, look at his current situation:

He's in Los Angeles (a bigger market, and a more vibrant city). He's playing on a team that's pretty damn good with it's own young superstar in Blake Griffin.

Even if he does leave LA, my guess is that he'd be more likely to play in Atlanta (where there's the slim chance Dwight would come over) than come to Houston.

17. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

I would say trade Lin+assets for Chris Paul now or Lin will sign with the Lakers for the MLE when he's contract is done as long as MDA remains as coach of the Lakers. Rockets got nothing back by then.

18. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

19. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

So CP3 wants to take less money to join an inferior team in a lesser market? :rolleyes:

Gtfo.

20. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Rockets don't have the assets for Paul. There is no way the Clippers let him go and no way Paul wants to go to an inferior franchise.