1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Speculation: Morey's FA Target #1 is... Chris Paul?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roflmcwaffles, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Wtf r u smoking. No gm is going to judge a player after 15 games. Not living up to his contract? Dude wait at least half the season before making a claim like this. You are obviously getting Sporting news and clutchfan confused.

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

CP3 is an upgrade over anyone on our team. Whether some guy named Lin plays the same position simply has nothing to do with it. If CP3 even sneezes in Houston's direction, i expect Morey to w**** himself and the organization out to Paul as hard as he can.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

CP3 would be the perfect backup for Lin.

1 person likes this.
  4. torocan

torocan Member

Troll!

5. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

1. How many GM's won championships?:grin:
    2. How many rings CP3 has? :grin:
    3. How many teams you know having 2-stars and winning nothing? :grin:

Then why spoil this wonderful chemistry and teamball?:grin:

6. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Honestly I don't see the love here for cp3.. I am not saying Lin is better than him by any stretch of imagination but I don't see him in the same league as lebron, in prime Kobe, etc - the player u try to get by any means if u have the chance. If Lin averages 15-17 points a game, with 7/8 assists a game .. How much more upgrade can u have at the pg position? Shouldn't u use that money for player like Kevin love ( if he were to be available obviously). Just my two cents..

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

wait ...Lin is averaging 17 points and 8 assists a game?

i understand your point, but points and assists don't even begin to tell the whole story around Paul. He's superior to Lin in most every facet of the game ; and that's not a knock against Lin. Paul is probably a top 5 player in the league. No, he's not Lebron or Kobe in his prime (you probably named the two best basketball players of the last decade), but he's a top 5 player. He's a championship caliber player who's still only 27. You do whatever you have to do to get him. Lin just doesn't really factor in where Paul is concerned.

#47 Aruba77, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  8. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

Nice thinkin...btw look at how many stars lakers have?! and they look like s-h-i-t...you can buy stars but you cant buy chemistry....

9. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

I believe CP3 and Dwight will be a package deal. My guess is they end up in Atlanta with Josh Smith. Morey could make it interesting by offering Lin plus assets for Paul and Asik plus assets for Howard. I believed this was Morey's plan since this summer but it only works if CP3 and Howard really want to come here to form a big 3 with Harden.

10. torocan

torocan Member

First, how many players fall in that category of Prime Kobe, Lebron, Durant? Those are literally once in a generation type players. So, unless you think we're getting Lebron, Durant, etc, forget that as a measuring stick.

Second, Lin is a theoretical. He MAY have that potential, but it would be a minimum of 2 to 3 years before you see him producing consistently at a very high level, IF he ever gets there. Acquiring CP3 literally shaves 2-3 years off the rebuilding process.

Third, adding CP3 is just another foundational piece. Depending on the structure of the trades, you would STILL have enough room for another all star.

The MOST you can give CP3 is a Max contract ($17M or so). That's a combined $31M for CP3 + Harden out of a $58M salary cap and $70M luxury tax apron.

That's ALOT of room to trade for ANOTHER max or all-star player.

So, think CP3 + Harden + insert 3rd star + role players (lots of young draft players on the roster) + whoever we have left of Asik, Parsons and PPat.

As for Chemistry, this team has only been together for 16 games. At this point, the sacrifices to chemistry will be minimal. A new acquisition could be solidly assimilated picked up could be fully assimilated by mid next season.

In other words, any GM who doesn't snag CP3 with our current roster needs their heads examined.

11. FearTheBeardJH

So Jeremy Lin is averaging 10&6 on terrible efficiency in highest pace team in the NBA and you don't think CP3 would be big upgrade over him? I can't name 5 worse starters at PG position right now.

I'd trade Lin for Udrih, then try to sign CP3. You ain't winning with Lin anyway.

12. CCM721

CCM721 Member

I think just about any GM would trade even Harden for CP3.

13. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

I said IF Lin averages those numbers. Sure if Lin sucks after 1 year showing no signs of improvement then you make that deal. But if Lin plays like he did last game ( which some of us believe he can), would it make sense?

Lets see how clips do this year and how far they can go in the playoffs.

14. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

CP3 and D12 will find a way to get together. Dallas will find a way to get them i think. I don't think Howard stays unless they can get CP3. And CP3 has no where to go anymore other than staying with the Clips but i doubt he wants that unless they can sign and trade for Dwight. Neither will come to Houston unless they can team up here and were not gonna make that happen.

15. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Of course it is a measuring stick. We are talking about a player you would get AT ANY COST. You make it seem like CP3 = automatic championship. I don't see clippers doing anything thus far even with a decent team. Look all I'm saying is wait till end of the year. If Lin is not worth it then look for a solution. You can't judge what Lin is until the end of the year.

16. AirSwish

AirSwish Member

Oh boy, another meaningless thread. Morey already said that the goal is to get 2 or 3 superstars on the team. So IF CP3, or Howard wants to be here, they will be here. The rest of the players are assets. Got it?

17. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Forget Lin.. U guys would really take Howard over asik?

18. TheRookets

TheRookets Rookie

BAIT THREAD! BAIT THREAD! The po po behind this.

19. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

thats what i am saying... Howard is not significantly better than asik and cp3 is not significantly better than lin...

and these players are younger and rising....

and both Asik and Lin are special players...they'r not primadonas...some poeple say but lin sucks...then watch lakers games and you will see that Howard sucks as well...
    you can buy stars but you cant buy chemistry

20. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

i dont talk about chemistry that is building by playing more and more games.. i am talking about natural chemistry...lakers are also playing 16 games togehter and they suck!

Carmelo and Amare are playing 2 season now together and they suck....