1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Spears] Rockets granted permission to interview Luke Walton for HC position

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Apr 28, 2016.

1. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

THey probably met him at halftime.

1 person likes this.
  2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Murray: "Hey Luke, we're now finally assembling the roster for your GSW system!"
    Walton: "Awesome, so who did you get??? I know you took a look at my list, I bet you signed Redick and Fournier to give us those sharpshooters!"

Murray: "Uhm well, they didn't want to come here. But I worked the phones and got us someone even better."
    Walton: "That's what I'm talking bout, did you sign Korver or one of my GSW boys?"

Murray: "I looked at the metrics and figured that Corey is about to have a breakout-year and even hit a 3 in the playoffs, so I extended his contract further and gave us a team option for the 5th year. I also managed to "

Walton: *spills water* "Haha, I almost believed that."

Murray: "The Murray isn't one to joke, you have to see those metrics. I was sure to shed Brewer's salary, but then I saw him hitting that three in the last playoff game and knew that he finally broke through the ceiling. We're expecting great things from Corey, he's a great guy and has what it takes to succeed in this league".

Walton to himself: "Oh f***, why did I take this job?"
    Walton to Murray: "Okay, I trust your analytics. Who are the other guys you signed?"

Murray: "So, I found this 6'9 PF, really great guy..."
    Walton interrupts: "I love this, is he like Draymond? I was really hoping for an all-round big that can defend and knock down the 3s. Could also handle the ball and take the pressure off of Harden".

Murray: "It's like you can read my mind!!! I struck a deal for Kris Humphries and think he fits your philosophy perfect."
    Walton: "Think about the money, Luke...think about the money".

Murray: "I know you can't hold back the excitement, but you won't believe this last deal!"
    Walton: "Maybe I can convince Steve to take me back as assistant..."

Murray: "I assessed the situation and analyzed my past mistakes, so I did what I should've done years ago. I think we have our new franchise player. You know we could've had Conley and Horford but told them to wait for Durant, so in the end we got neither. But it all worked out."
    Walton: "Come on...let me be lucky this once..."

Murray: "We just traded for JEREMY LIN, the rising star of the East and lost son of Houston. I never should've let him go, we almost won the championship with him, Lin+Harden will be the new Splash Brothers and make this a dynasty. You know, third time's the charm haha."

*Walton falls in faint*

2 people like this.
  3. houstontexans

houstontexans Member

lol, good one

4. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I'm sure comedy central is hiring;)

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Disaster - will Walton command Harden's respect?

DD

6. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Look how the confirmation bias even plays out in his sentence structure:grin:

1 person likes this.
  7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

It's going to go more like this:

Morey: Hi Luke.
    Luke: Mr. Morey, I'm so happy to be here.

Morey: Great. Let's start the interview process. What would you say your biggest accomplishment is?
    Luke: I gotta say it was at Arizona, when I had a 5 way with three chicks and a guy. Did you know I got a rare form of syphilis from it? Doc says it's eatin' my brain out slowly.

Morey: Umm... Well, let's move on. What would you say you learned from working with Kobe Bryant?
    LW: Don't rape women. Apparently, they don't like that.

Morey: Anything basketball related?
    LW: Oh yeah, pass Kobe the ball. Mr. Bryant hated it when people didn't pass him the ball. One time, I actually passed him the ball, and he got mad at me! How was I supposed to know you don't pass him the ball when he's on the bench?

Morey: What has your time at GS taught you?
    LW: Not sure. Steve Kerr handed me a piece of paper with what I should do. I'll let you look at it if you give me the job.

Morey: Let me look at it first, then I'll probably give you the job.
    LW: Ok!

Morey reads the paper, it says:
    1. Tell Curry to make his shots
    2. Illegal screens
    3. Wear pants

LW: Coach Kerr gave me the keys to success!

Morey: He sure did. Why did he hire you again?
    LW: Well, I was going to date his daughter, but he said this was a better use of my time.

End scene.

8. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Yup. And that 2nd year took the Clips to 7 games w/out Bogut. The Kerr Warriors are obviously waaaaaaaaaaaay better, but to pretend they toiled in the lottery under MJax is a super reach.

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

The likelihood of this made my stomach turn.

10. Rhay1

Rhay1 Member

I'm not totally sold on any choice for coach Morey chooses. If he is truly sold on analytics, and from what we've seen for the last nine years he is; coaching isn't important, systems aren't important, chemistry isn't important, the ability to shoot the ball isn't important; what exactly is going to change?

How will a Luke Walton or Shane Battier or any good coach going to implement anything? Once it gets too hard, especially individual/team defense our diva will call uncle Les. Even though we may get permission to talk to them, will they really listen to what Morey says, or will they look at past history?

By the way, did Michael Jordan take a private car to the game while the rest of the Bulls rode the chartered bus in? There's some chemistry building for you!

WWLD

What will Les Do?

Sincerely,

Skeptical

11. brosef

brosef Member

Hopefully Morey works on his inside game and his team chemistry with harden this summer

12. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

13. DaDakota

I don't believe he will, I think you need a real coach with credibility to coach Harden.

Or to bench him if necessary when he is tired or not playing D..

DD

14. clos4life

clos4life Member

No to Walton, yes to JVG.

15. clos4life

clos4life Member

He tried that this year by bringing the band back together. I would rather he go back to asset flipping, it worked better.

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

That's why I was livid with JB. You had a season where you knew you couldn't get fired during. You had an easy out, if the Rockets make the lottery you blame Harden and Howard. Show some balls, bench guys, make enemies, enforce defense. The worst thing is, you get fired at the end of the season. Well, he's getting fired now, so how did that work out for him?

1 person likes this.
  17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

That would be sweet, we need a good system and Walton definitely knows a good system.

Walton + JVG as assistant coach would be amazing.

18. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

He's probably my 2nd choice. I want someone who will immediately give the team some national respect.

JVG

19. ibm

ibm Member

will never happen in the league. doesnt work that way.

and,,, arent you getting it backwards?

20. DaDakota

Holy hell, that is 100% what I thought too.

I mean why not go in and SHOW the NBA that you have the stones to coach?

Instead he rolled over.

It is unreal how crappy he did, and how he blew the opportunity, bench Howard, who gives a crap if he whines about it, when Harden doesn't play D, bench him too.

Be a hard ass......you are not going to be staying in Houston, show the rest of the NBA that you are a good coach instead he kept on keeping on.

The definition of stupid is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

DD

1 person likes this.