1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Speaking of Anti-Semitism

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MadMax, Feb 27, 2004.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Yikes!

http://cbs2.com/topstories/topstories_story_057202251.html

Saudis: No Jews Welcome

Congressman Criticizes U.S. Policy

Feb 26, 2004 6:42 pm US/Pacific
    WASHINGTON (AP) Rep. Anthony Weiner, a frequent critic of United States policy toward Saudi Arabia, said Thursday that the Middle East country's new visa policy outlined on a tourist Web site should be quickly condemned by American officials.

The Web site, promoting a new Saudi program to offer tourist visas to encourage more foreign visitors, lists four groups not entitled to tourist visas, including "Jewish People."

The Saudi government has traditionally only issued travel visas for employment, Hajj pilgrimages, and other visits with official sanction.

In addition to Jews, the Web site by the Supreme Commission for Tourism also says it will refuse visas to anyone with an Israeli passport or a passport that has an Israeli stamp.

"It is very difficult to see the Saudis as anything other than a backward country with backward ideals and this reaffirms that," said Weiner. "I think the administration should take a hard look at this Web site and decide whether a country that has these policies should be considered our ally."

Weiner said the U.S. should close its doors to Saudis until they "clarify" their immigration policy.

2. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

And yet our Federal government, regardless of who is in power, still does business with this country and their stinkhole ruling family.

Money over morals.

3. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

hey, they did that whole Jewish boycott back in the day.

They boycotted products from 'Jewish' companies (I parenthesize because it was under their impression)

They boycotted companies that dealt with 'Jewish' companies

they boycotted companies that dealt with companies that dealt with 'Jewish' companies. (which turned out to be illegal)

4. F.D. Khan

F.D. Khan Contributing Member

These Saudi's with their puritannical wahhabism form of Islam are the biggest hippocrites I have ever seen in my life.

They enforce whatever laws they contrive to be "Islamic" in order to oppress their people and create virtual police state, yet they ignore the Islamic principle that forbids monarchy's and believes in an elected leader.

They run around with playboy models and fleets of Rolls Royces while they control the Saudi media and push this extremist view of the religion. It is truly sickening. Having been to Saudi I find their treatment of women to be disgusting, and their attitudes to be that of illiterate, fools.

I think there is a revolution coming in Saudi Arabia. That country is a kettle about to explode. Most of the 9/11 terrorists were Saudi's and this puritanical form of the religion the Saudi's originally preached to oppress their people is now going to be the source of their demise.

I, for one, will be happy when these monarchs are hanging from street poles like they deserve to be for the years of brutalization and oppression of their people.

5. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Israel has discrimnatory policies for Palestinians in terms of their ability to travel. I seriously doubt that Israel treats all those who want to enter the country the same.

So Syrian Muslims are treated the same on trying to get visas to Israel as American Jews? I doubt it, but am open to anyone who can prove otherwise. This does not excuse Saudi Arabia from unjust policies like this, even if in retaliation for unjust Israeli policies.

6. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Agreed.

7. bamaslammer

bamaslammer Contributing Member

Wholeheartedly agreed.

8. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Where is the source to back the retaliation angle that you mentioned?

9. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

[​IMG]

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I suspect much the same. It could simply stem from anti-semitism in Saudi Arabia. But, Israel's border controls are at least as racist as these and the US will never condemn them for it. Is Weiner asking us to take a similar path with all countries that have racist immigration policies?

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Sounds like our policy toward Hatians

Rocket River

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

They sound like a bunch of rappers.

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Saudi ARabia's policies are prejudiced to the extreme against Jews.

Beacuse Israel also is prejudiced in their policies doesn't excuse anyone else from doing it.