1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Speak up now if you don't want Mason..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swami, Oct 16, 2001.

1. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I'm amazed with the lack of depth, and rebounding on this team, that people are passing over a 16 and 10 guy who is a solid defender because he isn't a center! You get what you can. I'll take Mason any day of the week over Kenny Thomas. Barkley dominated in Phoenix without a center, because his team got rebounds from him. Mason can do the same thing for us.

#21 RocksMillenium, Oct 16, 2001
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2001
  2. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Please. Walker is a guy who's only concerned with his stats, and shoots a terrible percentage: I know several Celts fans who agree. Pierce is great (though he also is tainted by playing for that brutal Celtics club), but the East already had too many swingmen - Carter, Spree, McGrady, Allen, Houston, Robinson, Stackhouse. Mason was a much better choice, because the only other big-men on the roster were Deke and Theo.

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I sure hope that doesn't happen, as that would be the end of Eddie Griffin.

4. courtside

courtside Member

Griffin's not gonna contribute much early on anyways and will take over from Rice at SF next year if he develops well.

I personally think Mase would be a great addition. You could sign him for a deal longer than one year and then trade him after the season (or at the deadline) to a team like the Bucks or Sixers who wanted him pretty bad but couldn't go over the luxuy tax.

5. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Maybe we could trade Walt and the exception for Derrick Coleman. (please wait for me to duck)

6. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

eh.......

7. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

I agree with the above posters who state that they want a 4/5.

However, for those still on the fence, read this article. Mason states that he wants to be the man at his position for a team...not a bandaid for a year. While the article specifically takes this to mean that he won't be playing for Sacramento, I believe his comments take him off of our desirable list as well.