1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spanoulis Blog Update

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Madman George, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Madman George

Madman George Member

hey guys this is a new update form vspans blog (http://sport24.gr/spanoulis.asp). It was posted on Sunday.

Thank's to you I don't feel lonely.

Here we are again! So I can tell you all my news from Houston but also say a big <THANK YOU> for all you emails, which when ever I read, truly make my day. I didn't expect so much support and I have to say that your love has kept me from ever feeling lonely over here....

Ofcourse my mother has not left my side since we landed at Houston and it's not a small thing to have someone close to you, taking care of you 24 hours a day. I have almost completed 6 months in America and like I wrote to you last time I have adjusted 100% to my new way of life.I would say I have also adjusted to the style of basketball, regardless of not getting much playing time for the Rockets.

At least I have understood how the sport(basketball) is played here and believe me, only someone who has come here to play can understand me. NBA has got nothing to do with Europe, everything here is different, from the way players think and act to the philosophy of coaches and the things that make certain players stand out.

Since were talking about it, theres 21 matches left until the playoffs. The regular season is nearing its end and right now my team has the 5th best record in the West. If the regular season finished right now, we would play Utah, one of the best teams in the NBA. In my opinion the teams that stand out are Phoenix, Dallas, San Antonio and Utah, but we have achieved high output is some matches while having injury problems whole season long.

Few days ago Yao who was injured, returned to matches and is trying to perform to the best of his abilities which are very very high. Limitless I could say!! Lately we've become closer with Jake whom I didn't know before he came to Houston from Memphis. People in Greece don't know him much as a person, because he left 7 years ago to play in the NBA, but he's a great guy and we hang out. The same way I hang out with my other team mates. I haven't got problems with anyone... Many people ask me if I'm missing Greece. Is it possible not to miss it? I talk on the phone everyday with my brother Dimitri, with other friends and old teammates.I follow Euroleague through the web, A1 and A2*( basketball leagues in Greece) news through my brother and teammates I had at Panathinaikos. Generally I try to keep myself informed and not miss a beat as hard as this may be.

With Zisis I talk on the phone of course. He told me about the troubles Benetton has, and we'll see how they will end up in the Italian courts.(not basketball courts, criminal courts). Now I' ll tell you something completely different which you might find strange. Houston is unbelievably hot. Some times during the day the temperature could reach 25 degrees which is even hotter than Greece and it really amazes me.

In my free time I have coffees with some Greek friends or my teammates or I stay home to rest. I might not play much but I work hard in practice and usually I'm tired after that. Right now that i writing to you I'm at home. We haven't got a trip cause were playing the Magic today so it was a super opportunity to communicate once more through this blog.

Next time I hope to have more and more interesting news. I wish all the best.
    I want you to know that I read all your emails and I thank your all for sending them. You really are helping me...

there you go guys. the things I've put in brackets () are just there to help you understand the translation better and are not part of the blog.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If he thinks 25 degrees (C) is hot, wait till summer when it gets 35 and over for 5 straight weeks. He ain't seen hot yet.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

25 C?

LOL - That is like 78 degrees....he ain't seen nothing yet.

DD

4. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

25 degrees for winter time, thats what he meant

usually in greece its around 10-15 max at this time of the year

great blog, thanks

and what is his email address?

5. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

thank you for taking the time to translate this for us. This is why I love this site soo much because of great members like you.

Thanks,

J

6. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

no ****, it hits 35 on a regular basis, but come on Billy I have been to Greece in the summer and it's hot as hell there during the summer. The thing that is different is that they have four seasons.

7. Madman George

Madman George Member

His email address is spanoulis@sport24.gr

The image they use for his blog is top stuff!!

[​IMG]

8. oldgunrules

oldgunrules Member

Good read. Thanks for the translation.

Things happen for a reason. We have to trust CD and Rox organization for signing him. They must have seen something in this guy. Steve Nash went through even worse days with his first couple of seasons. First he was riding the Suns' bench, then got booed by at home by his own home fans after traded to Dallas. Guess what, cream always finds its way to the top. Keep your head up, keep learning the NBA basketball, and be patient. Your time to shine will come if you are real gold.

9. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

thanks george

10. Kindger

Kindger Contributing Member

Thank you so much for the translation!

To oldgunrules, great post. Why don't you send this to Vspan directly? Can I have the honor to co-sign it if you do?

11. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

Great translation!! Thanks so much!!!!

I am sensing from this blog that he is more at peace with himself and with the fact that he is not exactly there yet to play at this level. I love the guy. If only he is not so error-prone (aka, turnover machine), he would have played more, at least more than John John.

12. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Ah man, he seems to really have a better attitude than what was being printed earlier this season.

I am really hoping this guy continues to work hard and earn a rotation spot, maybe even a starting spot one day either on our squad or anywhere else. I know it must be tough, b/c we all have a little pride, some more than others, and he probably has so many people expecting things from him, cheering him on, etc.

I wish him the best, and believe he'll make it happen for himself, his country, his family, and his fans.

13. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

it's HOT??? V-Span is going to get fried in the Summer.

14. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

good read, thanks for the translation

15. kingkow

kingkow Member

awesome sportsmanship, much respected

16. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

He's going to have to use the summer to hone his NBA skills. He'll definately have to join the NBA summer leagues if he wants to develop his playing skills and get looks from other teams at the same time. Most of the rookies and sophmores are playing here so I don't see Vspan getting much more action unless he does the dirty work in the summer time. He can definately improve his outside shot. It's a matter of repetition.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes, I agree, hopefully he will be playing PG in the summer leagues.

DD

18. F.D. Khan

F.D. Khan Contributing Member

Actually Spanoulis is a pretty nice guy. I've actually ran into him out and about and hung out with him a few times. Friday night I hung out with him and a few girls that were friends for a while.

He's just a down to earth guy, though I b****ed to him about needing playing time and not leaving and then dropping 29 points on us like Boki did!!
    (I was at the Nets game that night) He passionately agreed, but after a few cocktails I was stressing patience also and cited dirk and others.

Really cool and funny guy. I hope he blows up next year for us.

19. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Glad to know VSpan is a bigger man than JVG and taking unpleasantries in stride.

20. Luffy1

Luffy1 Member

Keep the faith vspan!! Don't let the tyrant break you!! :cool: