1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spanish Scola Interview on Eurosport

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sks123, Mar 22, 2010.

1. sks123

sks123 Member

Hey guys,

I caught the interview on Eurosport, I dont speak Spanish so if anyone can translate this it would be great. Here is the link and below is the article:

http://es.eurosport.yahoo.com/21032010/47/scola-quiero-quedarme-houston.html

Pregunta: ¿Cómo definirías este momento para ti? ¿Sensaciones?

Scola: "En general buenas. Pero me hubiese gustado tener tres o cuatro partidos más ganados. Hubiese sido factible tácticamente por cómo estamos jugando, pero bueno, habrá que tener paciencia. Yo me siento muy bien. Desde que llegue a la NBA mis objetivos personales han sido mejorar mi juego, ganarme los minutos, los tiros, y elevar el estatus mío en el equipo y en la liga. Por todos los medios trato de que esa línea que llevo no decaiga hasta el día que me retire".

-P: Vaya partidazo que firmaste ante los Nets.

- Scola: "Bueno, fue una de esas noches en que todo te sale bien, que tienes minutos, que te llega la bola más de lo normal, que todo lo que tiras te entra. En ningún momento tenía en la cabeza los porcentajes. Tiraba y entraban. Ganamos y perfecto".

-P: ¿Has notado que la marcha de Carl Landry te ha dado más peso en el equipo?

- Scola: "Carl consumía unos minutos que ahora no está consumiendo y van para mí. Eso está claro. A mí me hubiera gustado que se quedara aquí. Era muy importante para nosotros. Pero bueno, ha llegado Kevin Martin y lo está haciendo bien. Son decisiones en las que uno no tiene nada que ver. Ahora tengo minutos y todo lo que eso representa en confianza y tranquilidad".

-P: Viendo el partido ante Denver da pena que no estéis en posición de playoffs.

- Scola: "La verdad es que sí. Todavía tenemos oportunidad de estar ahí y eso es por lo que todos estamos luchando. Pero la triste realidad es que ya no dependemos de nosotros. No es culpa de nadie más que nuestra".

-P: Tu juego siempre ha sido de auténtico corazón. Pero ¿no da la impresión que el mes que llevas firmando busca también convencer a determinada gente de tu renovación?

- Scola: "Mira, he trabajado durante tres años todo lo que he podido. Intento jugar todos los partidos y estar preparado en cada uno de ellos. Ahora en tres semanas acabo contrato y quiero hacerlo de la mejor manera posible. Mi deseo es quedarme. Estoy seguro que ellos también lo quieren. Pero la NBA es mucho más complicada que eso. Y si no me quedo en Houston, hay más equipos en esta liga, y si no es en la NBA hay otros muchos sitios donde poder jugar en todo el mundo. Es lo que he hecho hasta ahora".

-P: La afición baskonista quedó encantada con aquella promesa tuya de que si volvieras a Europa tu primer objetivo sería Vitoria.

- Scola: "Es que es verdad y no tengo ninguna duda sobre eso. El Baskonia sería el primer lugar para mirar si yo vuelvo".

-P: ¿Sigues al equipo?

- Scola: "Totalmente. Lo vi perder ayer además contra el Barça y sé del increíble nivel al que están este año".
    Gonzalo Vázquez / Corresponsal Nueva York / Eurosport

2. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

I don't speak Spanish much, but ESPN had a bit about this article in their Rumors section:

3. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

And here's what Google Chrome translated for me:

4. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

I too, do not speak spanish but this is what came out of Google Translate... :grin:

Question: How would you define the moment for you? Feeling?

Scola: "Overall good. But I would have liked to have three or four more games won. It would have been tactically feasible for how we are playing, but hey, we must have patience. I feel great. From the NBA to reach my goals staff have been improving my game, earn the minutes, shots, and elevate my status in the team and the league. By all means try that line that I have not slacken until the day I retire. "

-P: Well you signed great game against the Nets.

- Scola: "Well, it was one of those nights when everything turns out well, you have minutes, you reach the ball more than usual, you throw everything you enter. At no time had in mind the percentages. pulled and went inside. We won and perfect. "

-Q: Have you noticed that the departure of Carl Landry has given more weight in the team?

- Scola: "Carl consumed a few minutes now and they are not consuming for me. That's clear. I would have liked to stay here. It was very important to us. But anyway, Kevin Martin has arrived and is doing well . They are decisions that one has nothing to do. Now I have minutes and all that it represents trust and tranquility. "

-P: Viewing the game against Denver'm sorry that you are in playoff position.

- Scola: "The truth is yes. We still have a chance to be there and that is why we are all struggling. But the sad reality is that no longer depend on ourselves. It's not anybody's fault but ours."

-P: Your game has always been true heart. But do not give the impression that the month you've been signing also seeks to convince certain people of your renewal?

- Scola: "Look, I've worked for three years everything I could. I try to play every game and be prepared for each of them. Now I have contract in three weeks and I do it the best possible way. My desire is to stay . I'm sure they like it. But the NBA is much more complicated than that. And if I stay in Houston, there are more teams in this league, and if not in the NBA there are many sites available to play at all the world. It's what I've done so far. "

-Q: The fans baskonista was delighted by the promise of yours to come back to Europe if your first objective would Vitoria.

- Scola: "It's true and I have no doubt about that. The Baskonia be the first place to look if I get."

-Q: Do you follow the team?

- Scola: "Absolutely. I saw him yesterday also lose against Barca and I know the level to which they are incredible this year."

5. crocktees

crocktees Member

Interesting the way he put this. Scola seems like he wants to make his mark in the NBA, but if an int'l club came with a huge offer I wonder of he would take it.
    At 29 he is right on the edge. Personally I don't mind his increased value, he's been playing great ball and will help the Rockets by staying or through a sign and trade. Hope he wants to stay. I think Adleman's system certainly favors him, hope he sees it that way as well.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i'm translating now, give me a few mins..and i do know spanish :grin:

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

First of all, it's titled "i want to stay in houston"

Pregunta: How do you feel at this moment?

Scola: Good in general, but i would have liked to for the team to have 3 or 4 more wins. Technically it could be possible by the way we're playing, but we're going to have to be patient. I myself feel good. Since i came into the league mypersonal goals have been to improve my game, earn my minutes and touches and elevate my status on the team and around the league. I try to keep that vision/goal going at all costs until the day i retire.

-P: Great game you played against the Nets

- Scola: Well it was one of those nights were everything works out well, you get minutes, you get the ball often, and everything goes in. Never did i start thinking about the percentages. I just threw it and it went in. We won so it's perfect.

-P: Do you think landry leaving has left you with more weight to carry?

- Scola: Well carl did take up some minutes and now many of them are mine. That's for sure. I would have liked for him to stay. He was very important to us. But oh well, martin arrived and he's doing the right things. Those were decisions in which we're not involved. Now i got a lot minutes and what it brings with it, confidence and tranquility.

-P: Watching the Denver game, it's a shame y'all arent in the playoffs.

- Scola: The truth is it is. We still have a shot to get in and that's why we're still fighting. Although DD doesnt want us to, but the sad reality is it's not for us to win a spot anymore. it's no one's fault, but our own.

-P: Your game has always been pure heart, but it does seem that based on the great month you're having you're looking to convince certain people of your abilities?

- Scola: Look, i've worked all three years and done all i could. I intend to play all of the game and be prepared in each one of them. Nowin about three weeks my contract ends and i want to end it the best way possible. My wishes are to stay. I'm sure they also want me here, but the NBA is much more complicated than that. If i dont stay in houston there's more teams in this league and if not in the NBA, there are other places to play in the world. It's what i've done (how i've lived) until now.

-P: European fans were gald with that pormise you made, that if you return to Europe your first option would be Vitoria.

- Scola: That's the truth and i have no doubts. That's the first place to look for me if i do return.

-P: you follow the team?

- Scola: totally. I saw them lose yesterday actually against Barca and i know they're playing at an incredibly high talent this year.

1 person likes this.
  8. abc2007

abc2007 Member

DD ;)

9. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Man, I just love this guys attitude!

But, and I'm sure I might be reading too much into it, I wonder if splitting time with Carl was not so comfortable after all?

(edit: thanks RV6 for allowing me to NOT read babble) :grin:

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I dont think he meant it in that way at all. I think he means he's going to play his best and if that's not good enough to stay i here or even the NBA, there's always others places to play.

11. gabion

gabion Member

nice translation rv6.. good read! :)