1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Spanish Radio] Sergio Llull close to deciding to join the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Jun 3, 2015.

1. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Lol, I was wondering why he said that.

2. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Apparently Sergio Llull is slated to star in the Spanish adaptation of The Wire titled El Alambre so he may be conflicted on whether to stay in Madrid for the fame Taquilla de Casa (Home Box-Office) is sure to bring.

[​IMG]

3. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

My dude coming through w/ the clips!

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Just watched some game footage of Llull....he certainly looks like a perfect fit for our team. The guy is non-stop and has solid handles and seems to make good decisions with the ball. Hope the rumors are true

5. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Damn it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

As long as he can play good defense, and force opposing PGs to work on defense as well, then he'll be good to go.

Beverley can make opposing PGs work on offense but he doesn't force opposing PGs to work on defense at all besides the occasional close out.

7. PullUpJ

PullUpJ Member

If we sign Llull that must mean that either Morey expects Bev to be gone, or he doesnt expect to be able to swing a trade for another PG

8. da_juice

da_juice Member

If this is true, I hope he's worth the wait. We've had this guys rights since forever. But the fact that we've consistently tried to bring him over gives me hope.

I guess this means we aren't bringing Gentille over until at least next season. I've heard good things about his game too.

9. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Onda Cero used to be a great 90's Alternative station. Had the classics by Lit, The Offspring, Uncle Kracker, Eve 6, etc. Don't know why they went Spanish. :mad:

10. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

The Bulls signed Mitotic and Gasol in the same offseason. Signing Llull doesn't mean much about our opportunities with other point guards, just that we likely won't have our MLE.

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That would be very welcome.

12. Chuck Nevitt

Chuck Nevitt Contributing Member

You-all in Texas.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Beverley and Lull would be a perfect PG tandem

14. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

He must've seen all the ladies James has been with recently and decided he wants to counter the splash bros with the smash bros!

1 person likes this.
  15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

#115 don grahamleone, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i've heard that it's the weakest part of his game, but i also know he's a high energy player and has the athleticism to improve. his offense is gonna be a shot in the arm, and i think he'll take a lot of pressure off Harden. We need another scorer in the back court that can handle the ball.

I'm hoping he'll end up being at least a poor man's Dragic; after all, he's starting to hit his best years right now at 27. And it's actually a shame that we probably can't keep both Llull and Bev, because i think a Llull/Bev PG rotation would be excellent.

#116 Aruba77, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  17. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Would it be awful if I think this rotation would literally be perfect if we dropped Terry and allowed Patrick Beverley to fill in for the 2 guard at times?

The PF spot looks good IF Dmo is healthy. Not sure if we could put Capela in at the 4. Maybe Brewer?

18. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Just imagine the ball hawk Beverley is mixed in with his athleticism and 3 point shooting. I honestly couldn't ask for a better small ball 2 guard if we have Ty Lawson or Llull running the point and taking care of the ball. THIS would be ideal in my opinion

19. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Dammit guys. I'm so excited that it's hard to sleep.

I can imagine Capela making a big step in his career too; after last season and the playoffs and growing up before our eyes. He could turn out to be a solid contributor and let Dwight rest. If Llull comes over to the Rockets then the Rockets HAVE to make a substantial push to obtain Lawson. There's no weaknesses in a line up of

Lawson - Harden - Howard - Dmo - Ariza

Llull - Beverley - Capela - Smith - Brewer

Too many of these guys can thrive in a small ball environment or go big with a line up of Harden/Howard/Dmo/Smith/Ariza

That would be as flexible of a basketball team as they come

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

How exactly can we get Lawson without losing anybody?