1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Spanish Radio] Sergio Llull close to deciding to join the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Jun 3, 2015.

1. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

The Non-Taxpayer MLE is $5.464 million for the 2015-16 season.

That translates to a 3 year, $17.1 million deal or a 4 year, $23.3 million deal.

I'd be shocked if the Rockets offered him more than this.

2. omgTHEpotential

Which only furthers my point ;) Thanks for pointing out the mistake though.

3. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

His deal is a steal, plain and simple. Llull, unlike VSpan, is going to contribute, simply because he is a +athlete and has +size. He is tenacious, and tenacity doesnt subside because of a new place to play. If he is mediocre, his deal is still even terms. If he is anything more than mediocre, which it completely looks like he will be, then the deal is a + for the rockets.

I think he will end up being on the up side of the top 15 PG's, which would make the deal a complete score for the Rockets.

4. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Has there been any update or new information that would indicate Llull is close to a decision? Or is it hurry up and wait until free agency opens?

5. mmottola26

mmottola26 Member

There has been no news for a week now.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Not cool bro... I opened this thread seeing J.R. was the last to post expecting news lol

1 person likes this.
  8. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

^^ JR my thought exactly. where is this Kid? Isn't 27 years enough time to make up your mind?

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I doubt we'll hear anything until we know where Love and LMA will wind up. Or rather, other offseason moves will go down first.

10. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

What sense would that make?

11. mmottola26

mmottola26 Member

To see if the Rockets need him or not.

12. baubo

baubo Member

The Rockets can only sign Llull if they remain over the cap and use their MLE. This is most likely scenario. But there' 1% chance LMA or Love will come here as a FA and the Rockets need to clear capspace to do it and not be able to sign Llull. So nothing's official.

13. mmottola26

mmottola26 Member

Why the low percentage for LMA coming here?

14. Dirty Deca

Dirty Deca Member

15. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

The Rockets can not create 19 million in cap space even if they renounce every single free agent. They would have to trade away every player on the team for no returning salary minus Dwight, Harden & Ariza. and even then you would have to factor in the 9 incomplete roster charges that would likely prevent the Rockets from coming up with 19+ million.

The Rockets only legitimate chance at acquiring Love or LMA is via a sign & trade. Signing Llull to a full MLE contract in no way effects any Sign & Trade scenario.

16. mmottola26

mmottola26 Member

17. finsraider

finsraider Member

18. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Agreed, it makes no sense. But Cyberx reported that the Rockets frustrated with Llull and considering trading his rights.

So delaying the signing makes sense if Llull is a coveted piece in a trade.

Ask urself if Portland wanted the rights to Llull to complete the LMA deal would you do it or Minny wanted Llull's rights to trade Rubio to us.

Not saying any of this is realistic or even plausible but it is possible even if unlikely.

19. mmottola26

mmottola26 Member

I would trade the rights of Llull for only LMA. I would like to have a starting lineup of :

Bev(This is by defult, I would like Llull though)
    Harden
    Brewer(this is subject to change, I don't know who to put here)
    LMA
    Howard

20. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

That's true if they want to keep Howard/Harden/Ariza but they could just let their FA's walk and trade Ariza/Jones/ and a few rookies to create the space while keeping the rest of their roster intact. No way would I do it but if you move ariza and few other pieces without any salary coming back it'd be possible.