1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Spanish Radio] Sergio Llull close to deciding to join the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Jun 3, 2015.

1. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;we'll talk about the future. Now it's time to celebrate&quot;. Sergio Llull on Rockets interest. <a href="http://t.co/iXNPvPIwJl">pic.twitter.com/iXNPvPIwJl</a></p>&mdash; Raúl Barrigón (@BarriHoopsHype) <a href="https://twitter.com/BarriHoopsHype/status/613781338064334848">June 24, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

This guy is not that good....

3. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

Jeremy Lin part deux?

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

AKA, I am coming to Houston...but let me enjoy this moment right now, first.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I believe Llull has a 6-1 assist to turnover ratio in Europe. So no, not Lin part deux.

6. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

He better not Bosh us...I don't think I could go through that again

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is ok for the MLE. Nothing more than that. I doubt if he will come to the NBA.

8. Bo6

Bo6 Member

watched the game today.

llull didn't have the greatest of games. but he played within himself. didn't try to force much (hoisted some shots late in the clock). didn't play a whole bunch of minutes as the lineup with rodriguez and carroll worked really well.

he is more of a sg than a pg but is very comfortable bringing the ball up the court. i think he would be a great fit next to harden and the NBA game in general.

1 person likes this.
  9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I have a feeling Llull's going to come to Houston and that we're going to be glad he did. The stars are aligned. Of course, I've been wrong before.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Sure, but I think most experts that year figured Clark Gable was a shoe in to win the Oscar. Nobody figured that Victor McLaglen would win for the Informer. You should stop beating yourself up about that bad guess. It's been 80 years!

11. miggue

miggue Member

Hearing Llull after the game, I think that next year he will be in Houston or, at least, he is negotiating to go.

12. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Inside source?

13. miggue

miggue Member

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

15. cdain3

cdain3 Member

"He gone."

16. miggue

miggue Member

The title is "Llull, a flavored farewell MVP".
    Felipe Reyes (captain) was continually looking for Llull to offered him the cup like a farewell gesture.
    Llull said " the NBA is there, but now I want to rest.I don´t know when I will take the decision, I have not received any call from Houston"

If Lull think that he will stay , he would said it, so I think that Llull is very close to go to Houston.

17. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

if we get him, better get another solid PG as backup that can start...remember that he has national team obligations...wear and tear can take toll on him

18. miggue

miggue Member

1 person likes this.
  19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Appreciate your input! It's always good to have sources of information.

And for the haters (miggue, you'll learn this word quickly if you're going to be on this board a lot), not that Llull is here yet, but, you know, give him a g.d. chance, hmn? No one's claiming we're getting Chris Paul. But I don't think he's gonna be Jordan Farmar, either.

20. anchel

anchel Member

Rumours in Spain keep talking about a $24M offer (not MLE).
    Does the recent T-Jones rumour strengthen that scenario?