1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Spanish Radio] Sergio Llull close to deciding to join the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Jun 3, 2015.

1. kevtse

kevtse Member

is he better than rubio? i would even say no to rubio

2. da_juice

da_juice Member

Haven't seen either enough to say, but he looks to be a better fit. Rubio is not a good shooter and needs the ball in his hands. It looks Llull is a much better off the ball player, while still able to occasionally playmake. Perfect next to Harden.

3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

It just looks like Llull has a little bit of NBA in him already. Sometimes you don't see that with some of those prospects. Plus he seems clutch.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Nash-like

5. i3artow i3aller

6. eman

eman Contributing Member

Why no videos of Sergio Llull passing?

7. anchel

anchel Member

I understand what you say. He may have similar limitations, but Iverson managed to finish near the rim at someway, he could jump and finish high, stand in the air, use both hands... Spanoulis can't do that.
    Spanoulis plays more PG than Iverson in Europe, he does more playmaking, more p&r... more of a total offensive player, James Harden like. Obviously he would lose efficiency at a same role in the NBA. I think Spanoulis could still be a good weapon off the bench, a Jarrett Jack or something, an Aaron Brooks.... The guy is good with the handles and creating shots for himself or theothers. He can score. So into an appropiate role (not the former role he had with the Rockets) he could end up being a useful player. I don't see starter potential in him, I think he would be too inconsistent... but could make good numbers on a bad team. Llull's body and game is better prepared to be more of an all around winning player as starter, without hogging that much the ball.

8. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

What role did he have with the Rockets? JVG wanted him to stand in the corner and shoot threes. When he approached JVG and said in Greece he had a role like TMac. JVG like a weasel ran to the media and stabbed his back. VSpan never stood a chance here. JVG hated him from the get because VSpan was CD's pick.

I like JVG more now and think he would handle things differently but when coaches egos interfere with there decision making that's a coaches deficiency not the players. It's just like McHale putting Canaan in the permanent doghouse. Morey had to move him because he was never going to play here. That's stupid coaching.Canaan is no all star but no one can tell me who wouldn't helped in the playoffs compared to Jet and Prig.

9. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

International sports site, Vavel, reports that Llull is 100% confirmed to be joining the Rockets this offseason.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="es" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NBA?src=hash">#NBA</a> Confirmado al 100%: Sergi Llull (<a href="https://twitter.com/23Llull">@23Llull</a>) abandona el <a href="https://twitter.com/RMBaloncesto">@RMBaloncesto</a> y ficha por <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets">@HoustonRockets</a>.</p>&mdash; Mike Maestre (@MaestreBasket) <a href="https://twitter.com/MaestreBasket/status/610195739738816512">June 14, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Let it be true. Such good news, if so.

11. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

YESSSSSSS!!!!

I'd be pumped if next year, we have Llull and Tyus Jones manning the 1. I know I know, two rookies on a championship team, but I just find these two guys to be potentially so special.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

How reliable is this site? Sounds nice, but I will believe it when he signs a contract with the Houston Rockets and obtains FIBA clearance.

13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Man I hope that's a legit source!!!!

14. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

I'm sure the guy can play, but I hope Morey is going to make another move/moves besides bringing back Scola because it's still not enough to put us over the top Imo.

15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

We made it to the WCF missing our starting PF and PG. If we can bring everyone back including Bev and sign Llull we have a great shot at a title if we stay healthy.

16. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

AGREED!

17. RyanB

RyanB Member

It's happening!!!

18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Would be nice if this is true but I have no idea if the source is a good one or not.

Solving the PG issue with the MLE , retaining PatBev , JET & Brewer & signing Scola to a vet min deal .... Even if you lost Smith you'd be in great shape going into the season.

PG - PatBev / Llull / Prigioni / Johnson
    SG - Harden / Brewer
    SF - Ariza / KPap
    PF - DMo / Jones / Scola
    C - Howard / Capela / Dorsey

Still have two draft picks & some movable parts to improve with. You wouldn't be forced to use #18 on a point guard and could take the best available player regardless of position or swing for the fences with a boom or bust type.

19. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Dorsey. Kpap and prigioni may likely not be here with your scenario.

20. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

He is Delly times a jillion