1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Spanish Radio] Sergio Llull close to deciding to join the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Jun 3, 2015.

1. theredbackpack

obvs a huge fan of harden and his phoenix/dallas shots were huge this year, but i can also think of a few games where he SHOULD have either been given or demanded the final shot, and he just didn't get it off. and then there was that weird portland game where brewer had like 17 in the fourth quarter and was denied the final shot. if llull can constantly step up in those situations...we NEED that. imagine if a ball handler had received harden's pass at the top of the key against GS in game two?

2. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

such a clutch shooter, its no longer luck with him, running a 1-2 PnR with him and harden down the stretch would be a killer combo

3. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

i know nothing about the Euroleague.. how good is Llull over there? Like is he a top 10 player?

4. Chamillionaire

Well we know he's been pursued multiple times by Morey and co. Enough for me. I hope Tyus Jones works out well indeed if that's the route we take. Not confident with Jones.

5. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I'm in Madrid at the moment and can't find a single person who follows basketball closely enough to give any insight or even have an opinion on Lulz. I only found one dude who even watches basketball.

6. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

In discussion as the best player in Europe

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm telling you guys it's about as popular as handball.

It's Soccer, tennis, formula 1, motogp, indoor soccer, basketball

8. Egemen

Egemen Member

I wouldn't say easily he is top 10 player but i can easily say he is top 3 PG in Euroleague. For me here is the PG list in order in Euroleague:

1) Vassilis Spanoulis
    2) Sergio Rodriguez
    3) Sergio Llull
    4) Milos Teodisic

IMO Llull's playing style is much more suitable for NBA compering others style and it's the most important thing for me. Because as we saw Spanoulis suffered a lot Nba style and went back to the Euroleague. I don't think thats gonna happen in Llull case. If he comes Nba, he will stay much more than V-Span.

1 person likes this.
  9. anchel

anchel Member

It's soccer, soccer, soccer........ then soccer then bball, tennis, motor, cycling....

10. Normalus

Normalus Member

No Taylor Rochestie? He averaged 18.9 PPG (best in Euroleague) and 5.7APG in 21 game this season (in 30 minutes). Born in Houston btw.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

The only time Basketball matters is during the summer when the national team plays.

12. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Hmm, maybe we should give this Spanoulis guy a look?

13. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

Maybe hes like the tmac of wherever he's from

14. REEKO_HTOWN

Well V-Span actually gets out of the first round

15. finsraider

finsraider Member

I don't follow euroleague either, but I think it would be appropriate to call him the best player on the best team in Europe.

16. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

oooo :p

17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Is that not reason enough to consider crossing over to the very best league in the world, one with avid fan bases in every market?

18. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

This is fairly consistent with my (admittedly somewhat limited) understanding.

Sergio Llull might not be THE best PG in Europe, but he's certainly near (if not AT) the top of the list of overseas PGs who both (1) are currently top-flight EuroLeague players AND (2) have a game/style of play that translates well to the NBA.

(And for the record, I still believe that Spanoulis could have become at least a decent rotation NBA guard--if not better--had he been in a better situation and was a little more mature.)

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yeah good luck. Europe knows nothing about basketball... All soccer.

20. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I feel like we should look into the failure of Sergio Rodriguez and Rudy Fernandez as opposed to Spanoulis. All three clearly had/have talent could have made it in the NBA.