1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Space City Scoop] Interview with general manager Daryl Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Jul 25, 2018.

1. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Greg Monroe chose Celtics over Pelicans last year even though Pelicans probably had more playing time to offer. See below. This happens a lot just because it mainly happened once with the Rockets doesn't mean it doesn't happen often. Speaking of Greg Monroe could be a decent depth add at C with part of the MLE. As Cod mentioned though, we should get a PF and Guard soon so I expect we reach a minimum deal with Trevor Booker.

On Friday, he signed a 1-year, $5 million deal with the Boston Celtics. According to the ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowksi, the Pelicans could only offer $2.2 million at this time.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2018/2...ations-rumors-celtics-warriors-spurs-pelicans

heypartner likes this.
  2. carib

carib Member

I agree with locking up Melton and Hartenstein. At this point in free agency it is hard to find someone who will move the needle. Obviously the Rockets need to get Capela signed. The Rockets needs a serviceable 3 and D player not someone who will move the needle but will give MDA more flexibility on defense and help in the event of injury to one of our wings.

topfive likes this.
  3. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Thanks @Codman!

If Me7o did admit selfishness, along with the fact that he will play more comfortably as SF, with the more accurate feeding from the two precise passers, makes it more encouraging. I don't want to pump up my expectations too quickly, but I'm looking forward to the end result already.

Ryno will be much more tradable as the season goes on. I have no doubt Morey will eventually pull off something nice by February.

whiskeyred likes this.
  4. carib

carib Member

Not saying it does not happen often in the league, just not very often for specific teams on a year to year basis. Booker can help with defense and small ball line ups though he is not a 3 pt shooter. Thanks

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This is why we can never trade Nene. He's Codman's best source.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

We're getting DMO at PF, because y'all LOVE him.

brosef likes this.
  7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Using the MLE now would be completely r****ded, because all the players remaining are terrible, unplayable scrubs against GSW.

Check out some of the Veterans on the worst teams in the NBA. Go look at the rosters. There are multiple guys that could really help us in buyout season.

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

@Codman I am trying to speak this into existence! Badly want to get rid of an ineffective Anderson for some useful player that is playable against GSW in a playoff series.

Relativist likes this.
  9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Warmly looking forward to the addition of said "another dependable PF and guard." (likely at the expense of Anderson/Nanu).

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

@Codman's signature "XO/Freebird#5, we're waiting for you...soon come."

Couple of forwards that have the #5 jersey; Nic Batum and Markieff Morris. And guard Courtney Lee.

whiskeyred likes this.
  11. topfive

topfive CF OG

ClutchFans, say hello to your new PF!

[​IMG]

don grahamleone likes this.
  12. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

A guy that should be bought out soon and wouldn't be a bad nab for the Rockets at the 1 year minimum which is only a $1.5M cap hit is Darrell Arthur. Defends well, can shoot the three and can defend adequately enough between the 3/4/5.

Denver hasn't had much use for him with their roster makeup, but seems like the kind of scrappy vet a team trying to compete could use.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Arthur was traded to the Nets in a salary dump. Along with Faried.

Is Arthur healthy? I don't know.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Arthur was then traded to Phoenix (and reportedly to be bought out).

Rockets have enough bodies at the 4/5. Don't see them adding any more.

PJ Tucker
    Carmelo Anthony
    Ryan Anderson
    Clint Capela
    Nene
    Zhou Qi
    Isaiah Hartenstein
    Chinanu Onuaku

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Not a real true "4" in the bunch, except Ryan Anderson. Our front court is weird.
    Tucker and Melo are 3.5s and the rest are 5s.

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I could see the Rockets looking for another PF assuming Ryan Anderson is kicked to the curb and PJ Tucker will get backup C minutes. Rockets don't need any Cs, that's for sure.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

waiting till feb to dump ryno is an unwise risk considering this chump's injury history. he could very conceivably be out of commission and then morey's stuck with his carcass till next offseason

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

DNP - bench splinters?

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Me too. I expect only incremental progress from him, nothing else.

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

oh we all know that should be the case, but morey will no doubt be in showcase mode trying to peddle his crap inventory on the other GM's :D