1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Southwest sees speaking Arabic as a threat - kicks man off flight

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Do you think the airplane took it "seriously enough" when they took a snippet of conversation and turned it into an "all-clear" plane-wide search--and still kicked him off, then subjected him to interrogation?

I think this entire thing is a f**king sideshow, but I can tell that terrorism has effectively turned people's brains into mush in a way car accidents and heart attacks never would by this thread alone.

Bobby, if you work in intelligence and security, ~~godspeed America~~.

#121 Northside Storm, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I believe he works in intelligence. Probably at the shoe shine stand where CIA officials need to get a good shine. I bet Bobby is GREAT at shinning them shoes.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What they took was a report about a passenger saying suspicious things that made another passenger nervous and they treated it seriously, the way you are supposed to treat reports like that. The language spoken is irrelevant.

Again, you say it's a sideshow, but if the report happened to be legitimate and was ignored, you'd be the first person b****ing about the failure of security to act.

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

The SJWs were silenced when they found out the person who heard this dude ALSO spoke Arabic.

OOPS

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Ironically it's like the Muslims who first thought 9/11 was a Jewish conspiracy and no Jew died. They come in here and assume it must be some twisted and nefarious plot to garner sympathy. Really shows a level of crazy that you know is on the Internet but you don't expect to find it on Clutchfans.

6. Northside Storm

"Treated it seriously"->quite an understatement.

The language spoken is irrelevant? So guilty before innocent, right? Usually you have to make a threat to be perceived as one. So unless you're alleging some fantasy world where the guy said "HELLO UNCLE, I BOMB THIS PLANE TODAY, GOODBYE", you might want to say why any of this is a threat at all?

Thanks.

I'll make sure to "get nervous" and trigger a plane-wide search/ejection because my planemate talked too much about Marine Le Pen.

Like I said, absolute mush.

7. Northside Storm

bigtexxx--reading. Fundamental skill. Use it ;)

I love being a SJW, btw.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Please, Exiled probably STILL thinks that 9/11 was a Jewish conspiracy. We absolutely have that level of crazy represented here and we also have the bad take crew like this version of you and Northside.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, at this point it's kind of clear that you don't have the intellectual capacity to follow along in this conversation so let's just end it here.

10. Northside Storm

Sure, Bobby. You're absolutely great at debating and discussion.

Next time, I'll make sure to come with my trigger warnings so you don't clam up as quickly.

11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Lotta posters justify the event on the grounds of fear, nervousness, anxiety . . . terror!

Land of the free, home of the BRAVE, gentlemen! Everyone's so emotional. . . .

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The problem is that you seem to think that the airline employees should have just laughed off the passenger that reported the activity. Since you think something so incredibly stupid, there's no point to debate it further. You just don't have what it takes for this conversation.

I mean, I'm sure you're doing the best you can, it's just insufficient for intelligent conversation.

When a passenger reports what they believe to be suspicious activity, you have a responsibility to take it as a serious threat. Stick to the heat lamps.

1 person likes this.
  13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

OK, then they searched him and he was clean. . . . Why not fly him to his destination? Even comp it?

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's against policy. Once you pull someone, you don't let them back on. Imagine the blowback if they pulled a guy off a flight, didn't find anything, then flew him somewhere only for something bad to happen. It's just not worth it. Give the guy his money back, maybe get him a hotel, but don't put him back on one of your flights the same day.

15. Northside Storm

The problem is that you can't seem to detect sarcasm, and my utter disdain for the way you and Cohete think, which is riddled with fallacies and the need to e-penis over the smallest, most trivial things. I do think the two are related. f**king Cohete started talking smack about security protocols with USBs ?_?

I respond to active shootings by going Tony Montana up in ere. ay! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

(^ sadly people do ACTUALLY think this)

A stupid question deserves a stupid answer.

Well, don't keep digging if you're in too deep of a hole. Have a great rest of the day, you cheery little snowflake you.

I'll love my heat lampz <3 <3 <3

#135 Northside Storm, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  16. Exiled

Exiled Member

that's questionable if he has the intellectual capability to be good at that, probably he stained part of their socks so often working down there

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

That's the problem. If you say "god willing in Arabic" or if someone mishears you saying "martyr" and talking loudly, you must be a terrorist. Bobby even calls the language terrorist, so any Arabic spoken on a plane is grounds to be pulled of a flight.

That's what scary - is that now any person who dislikes someone who is Muslim can call them a terrorist for speaking Arabic or just making them uncomfortable and they get kicked of the plane or detained. I remember an incident when some Sikhs were flying inbound into NY and got excited seeing the city so were around the windows animated and speaking to eachother in Hindi - they got detained because passengers got suspicious.

There have been 6 Muslims kicked off planes recently - all with no evidence.

If this is the way we are going to operate as a society - we clearly have flipped from the land of the free to the land of bobbytheracist.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, Northside, Exiled, and the Sweet Lou persona.....that's just a trifecta of D&D unintentional comedy.

19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

You gotta got off your whole engineering v. liberal arts dichotomy. All liberal arts and social science fields entail varying mixes of research, history and written reasoning skills which can prepare people for any number of promotional, grant writing, journalistic or non-profit/governmental administrative and analytical roles. Also they're the kinds of fields a lot of the people actually running universities major in, and the original courses of study around which collegiate and universities were firs formed.

20. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

What would you have done if you were in the flight crews' shoes?