1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Southwest sees speaking Arabic as a threat - kicks man off flight

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

That's very well stated.

2. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

"Hello, where is the f**king dumbass who is planning an active terrorist plot on a cellphone in an airplane, I need to Snapchat this s**t."

guess that's why I don't work in airline servicehood

3. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Lol.

Have you ever held a job where the main responsibility wasn't something other than to make sure the heat lamps were pointed at the food?

1 person likes this.
  4. Northside Storm

Add me on LinkedIn if you can find me, or PM me through the board for career advice. thanks.

If you want to get back on-topic to your stupid hypothetical, I'm game at any time

5. Exiled

Exiled Member

you may not familiar with airport security procedure, it is different than your greyhound

experience . I have a Muslim name, I don't look like a typical Middle Easterner. Despite

that, each time I fly which happened a lot, I know I would find a Security Notice slip inside

my bags saying : we hand searched your luggages, apology for inconvenient. the things is

the accuser should be investigated as well, put a reward/penalty for that. the extra security

measures already applied, risks are minimals

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I give you credit for embracing being a bigot bobby. I think that takes courage to show and share in a world where people trying to spin it as something else.

I certainly have more respect for you than ATW and Casey, that's for sure - but sadly, since I have 0 respect for them, that actually doesn't mean anything.

1 person likes this.
  7. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Sorry, the hypothetical is 100% relevant. We are discussing a situation in which a passenger approached a steward to comment on another passenger's conversation. What do you think we are discussing in this thread? Swahili love poems?

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I know this will come as a shock to you, but in the post 9-11 world, you can't just say whatever you want to say on a plane without getting tossed off. You can whine about your bags being hand searched and try to suggest that it was because of your name, but the same thing used to happen to me all the time when I'd fly when I was in the Army so postpone the trip to the store to pick up wax for your cross, no one cares.

If you say certain things in airports or on planes, you run the risk of getting pulled off the plane. That's life, deal with it.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Next time I fly I am going to say that redneck sitting nearby was talking about suspicious things and he sounds like a Timothy McVeigh type. So you know, I don't want to fly with him. I wonder if it will work. And since it's my word against his, there won't be any repercussions.

But then again, he is white and I am not, so there might be.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I expected you to say something stupid like that, I've accepted the warped reality of this alter ego of yours. New Yorker would understand though.

I think it might be time for a new alter ego with a new set of ridiculous hot takes, the Sweet Lou persona is getting tired and stale.

11. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

If you were reporting an actual problem then good for you. If you were being a bigot like your statement sounds then that would be a problem.

12. Northside Storm

I didn't say it was irrelevant.

I said it was stupid.

I even pointed out why in my response. You can feel free to circle back to that.

13. Exiled

Exiled Member

your former job required you to stop thinking, follow orders and obey your superiors guidelines. you should stick to these restrictions : search for hazard material /metal objects and if you find nothing then let people go on their way. no need to profile Muslims as the next suicider or you as the next Oklahoma Bomber whenever shady accusation take place.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

SMH, you are not an intelligent person, and I'm not going to encourage you to pollute these boards further by responding to you any more.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Odd... As someone from a Muslim family who loves his family dearly especially his hijabi mother, I have pretty much zero worries about how my mother has been or will be treated in the United States.

16. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

Bobbytheracist's go to response when he is clearly incapable of offering a intelligible retort.

The woman who reported this guy on the flight said she thinks he said the word shaheed. Nothing regarding how or where she learned Arabic from has been made known. This is actually pretty important, since Arabic spoken by someone from say Northern Africa who be near impossible to comprehend from a native Arabic speaker from Syria or Iraq. This is no different than an American trying to understand a Scottish person who is speaking English.

But it's nice to know that so many of you are OK with suspending civil liberties in America. But only if it's against Muslims. If it's about guns though, then let's cause an uproar!

17. Northside Storm

Make sure she isn't in any region of the world where there are active strikes to murder "kill list members", you know, the secret possibly unconstitutional lists that are seven pages of heavily redacted notes away from allowing the President to kill any American while ignoring the 5th Amendment.

https://theintercept.com/drone-papers/the-assassination-complex/

Hint: all of those regions are Muslim-majority areas.

#77 Northside Storm, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  18. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

There are half a dozen similar incidents to this one (that are known). Just last a week a Muslim woman was kicked off Southwest for asking the person next to her to switch seats (which he agreed to). The flight attendant came and said they could not switch seats, even though Southwest does not have assigned seating.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...d-not-feel-comfortable-with-the-a6986661.html

19. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Speculation is coming up with your theory on the traveler's motivations. You have made your theory quite clear based on your knowledge and opinions, but it is pure conjecture on your part.

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Well, why would they target my mom? Obama doesn't like hijabis? She has zero affiliation with any terroristic organization, so I feel perfectly safe that she won't be assassinated by the U.S government.

Whenever she does travel to Bangladesh, I'm more worried about the crazy Mullahs there.