1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Southwest sees speaking Arabic as a threat - kicks man off flight

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 18, 2016.

1. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Your head is about to be blown again:

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh, I didn't know I had to spell it out for you, I gave you too much credit.

Your statement was

No one argued that all Arabic speakers are Muslims.

No one argued that all Muslims are terrorists.

That was just you arguing with a straw man.

I don't have crayons, so this is about as idiot-proof an explanation as I am capable of giving. Do your best.

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

LOL Bobby should never be allowed to accuse someone of logical fallacies ever again after he embarrassed himself by having the wrong definition of "appeal to authority" then trying to accuse me of it.

4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

The "crayon" line never gets old, does it.

My argument is, if a guy says "the martyrs" in Arabic, it doesn't even mean he is Muslim. And it certainly doesn't mean he's a terrorist.

As a matter of fact, the guy who reported him was an Arabic speaker too, with an equal chance of being a terrorist.

So, you just think if someone says "the martyrs" in Arabic, regardless of his religion, he should be pulled from his flight without apology.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Never stops being accurate for some.

No one said otherwise....perhaps a straw man you invented said it, but no one on this thread.

You are now the only person on this thread suggesting a link between speaking Arabic and being a terrorist. Also, the "guy" who reported that the conversation was suspicious and made "him" nervous was a woman.

No, again, no one said that, you are yet again arguing with a straw man you invented. What is true is that any time a passenger says things that make other passengers nervous they are likely to be removed from the plane. Additionally, if you argue with a flight attendant, you are likely to be removed from the plane. It won't be racist, or biased, or bigoted, or sexist or anything else, it's just how it is for everyone.

Hopefully you learned something.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL and you're still bringing up that time you were wrong and I called you out on it. SMH, at least you remembered. Hopefully you learned something and won't embarrass yourself again.

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

LOL don't get on a flight with me, Buddy. I will get you pulled for your "McVeigh was a hero" **** that I made up.

Um, and, how do you know that the person who makes the complaint is not the deceitful terrorist?

8. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You are a complete and total moron. You've made that abundantly clear.

Have a good day.

10. Buck Turgidson

If we were only that lucky, Donny.

11. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

I cannot even facepalm for you, that's how absurdly stupid this has become.

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

"Have a good day"? No. . . . I'm not finished with you. . . .

If an Arabic speaker comes and tells you some other Arabic speaker said "the martyrs," you will let the complainant stay on the plane, right? Why? What if the complainant is--gasp!--a lying, Arabic-speaking terrorist?

And you agree that I can get you kicked off a plane by saying you verbally praised McVeigh. And you would think the airline followed protocol and support that.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And yet you didn't disprove what I said. Until sirbaihu no one on this thread suggested that a link between speaking Arabic and being a terrorist. Sure terrorists generally speak Arabic, but that doesn't mean those who speak Arabic are terrorists. Someone needs to make you a bubble chart to explain it to you better perhaps.

Why are you so simple minded? Explain that to me.

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Oh, so if someone says "the martyrs" in English they should also be booted?

1 person likes this.
  15. Northside Storm

um...you did.

:confused:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=274113&page=3

1 person likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I just spelled out for you why that's not what I did.....perhaps you should stop licking windows and devote all of your mental capacity to trying to follow along in conversation. You just have to do better.

17. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Keep talking in circles, bruh. Even Sweet Lou has given up defending you on this one.

18. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

Except that person agreed to switching seats with them. The woman barely spoke English and was treated like **** by the flight attendant before she kicked her off.

It's awesome watching Bobbytheracist get destroyed over and over in this thread. Who the reads facts about a story, then makes their own assumptions up and create a separate narrative. That's not common sense, that's pure idiocy.

Just look at this guy's posts:
    You are now the only person on this thread suggesting a link between speaking Arabic and being a terrorist. Also, the "guy" who reported that the conversation was suspicious and made "him" nervous was a woman.

So we've got a guy speaking terrorist on a plane and another guy who speaks terrorist told security that he was uncomfortable with what the first guy was saying in terrorist? Looks like they did the right thing

Why do you even bother posting? It's like you just want to be ridiculed.

19. Northside Storm

If not all Arabic speakers are terrorists, why did you start the thread with this observation (which btw, I bolded something you seem to be trying to hammer others about)

Why was it the right thing Bobby?

20. Northside Storm

I've always maintained that your question is stupid. It's taken a while to angle you as to why exactly it is, but glad you're now resorting to the one other forum member who thought to acknowledge you as proof of your great questioning skills :rolleyes: