1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

South Park Season Premiere

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by codell, Oct 3, 2007.

Tags:
  1. shawn786

shawn786 Member

The Saving Private Ryan part was funnnnney! Stan was Tom Hanks & he puts his hat on I was cracking up lol

2. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i feel the opposite - i thought the poop one was average by s.p. standards and the one a couple days ago was great! i love the faux-michael bay blow-em-up-action-adventure south parks w/ the dramatic, intense soundtrack music. it seems like since team america they have always done 1 or 2 a season of those.

the saving private ryan part was hilarious - they did an exact reenactment of that scene...was that ronald mcdonald looking around for his arm?

3. HotRocket

HotRocket Contributing Member

I thought the last one has some potential, at least I like the idea.

The week before I enjoyed since I had just watched The King of Kong about a week before. By the way, KOK was a great documentary, and South Park making fun of U2 in anyway makes me smile, so putting the two together was pretty cool... though I'm not ecstatic about poo in general.

In recent memory, their best episode has to be the WoW one. I don't play the game, so I didn't get all the jokes, but a bunch of my friends play it, so I just laughed at them while we watched it.

4. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

you're right..... this is how they spent their summer rather than making a movie?

atleast it's funny :D

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, tonight was pretty awesome.

6. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

LOL, tonights episode was hilarious. It reminded me of like 10 different movies.

My favorite part was the addition of Manbearpig and the Woodland Critters from previous episodes.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

What were the Woodland Critters, y'all?

8. rodrick_98

you never saw the winter woodland critter christmas? it's one of my all time favorites.

episode 814

Stan is approached by the forest critters and asked to help them build a manger in anticipation of the birth of their Lord and Savior. Stan complies, only to find out that they serve a... very different Lord.

9. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Said the boy in the red poof ball hat.

Manbearpig was great.

10. rodrick_98

he was way more vicious than the picture would suggest.... al gore was right :confused:

[​IMG]

11. Fatty FatBastard

The only movie parody I caught was from The Abyss. Were there others? As far as lines from the movie?

12. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Ummm, Stargate?

13. tulexan

tulexan Member

Manbearpig was awesome. I didn't realize what it was until the soldiers started the whole "half man, half bear, half pig" thing.

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Manbearpig reminded me of the mercury mutated bears from the movie "Prophecy". Anyone know that movie? It was about a logging company contaminating a lake with mercury. Bears would mutate into these fugly looking beasts after eating the fish or becoming contaminated. Since they were picking out characters from alot of movies for the evil side, I figured this one was from this movie. I didn't know it was manbearpig until they were trying to name it while they were being ripped apart. lol. I really like these "terrorists attacked our imaginations" episodes. Cartman doing "The Abyss" scene was a riot. It led on that Cartman just wanted his friend to live...but he really just wanted his dry balls sucked. Funny.

15. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I recorded this on DVR and just watched it. That was freaking awesome. My favorite part, aside from "I've got dry balls... and I'm running out of time," was the way The Flash just stood there scared instead of trying to stop the terrorists and then, when he ran away, he wasn't any faster than anyone else. All the cameos were great though. H.R. Pufnstuf? Sweet.

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

So are they making Cartman gay now? This story arc, Butter's gay camp, and the Tourette's episode all have him doing gay things.

17. Fatty FatBastard

Really? I thought the Buck Rogers thing last year was much better. And be sure and go to allsp.com if you've never seen the woodlands critters episode. I've got to admit, I missed that one my self. It's the last one on season 8. If you haven't seen it, it'll explain a lot more about the recent episode.

And I knew it was an "Abyss" parody before they even went to quote it verbatim. But that was still an awesome movie, so I'll allow it.

18. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Cartman has been shown to have tendencies for years. He's developed into one of the greatest characters in television history.

19. rodrick_98

what a finish!!!

i love butters

"that only works in imagination land. you're grounded!"

20. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

"aww sh*t" :D