1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: With the emergence of Hamilton- Granger a longshot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Carl,

Your account has been hacked by DaDakota.

Joe Joe

2. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

He had major knee surgery and missed a whole season. That is a very big red flag for any perimeter player. I still hadn't seen the 'old granger' yet... Is he still there or is there a different version now? A less mobile version due to the knee issue?

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Damn.

Why not save the hate for Lin, Jones? Each has looked horrific lately.

4. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

This will be another mistake Morey made that we'll be talking about next year:rolleyes:

5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

why don't we go after a POWER FORWARD?

6. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Agreed. Dwight is in his prime NOW. Waiting another 2 years to stack the roster is not smart. That strategy is flawed and could be the demise of our championship hopes

7. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

3 years ago we were still thinking Yao Ming will return and conquer

8. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Someone please explain to me how we will have maximum cap flexibility with Harden and Howard. If the cap goes up to 60 mil we would have to dump Dmo Tjones Beverly Parsons and everyone else and still only have 17 mil available.

That's not enough to sign Kevin Love. Maybe we can get LMA but that leaves with nothing else. We would have three great players and nothing else. We can't use our MLE. We can't resign Hamilton. We have to let Parsons, Beverly, DMo, Tjones etc go.

We can't take any additional multi year salary which means we have to trade are next 2 year first picks. We have three greats guys and crap and we are back to rebuilding. We can't bring over Papanoukis for at least 2 more years.

And Howard is 2 more years older. Nope don't buy that plan. Morey is smarter than that.Rondo's vale drops every day he gets closer 2015 trade deadline. Morey should be able to strike a better deal this summer. Keep Asik dump Lin for Rondo, resign Hamilton, sign Papa, draft a PF or Pickup one with part of the MLE. There are so many options and cleaning has way down on my list as one of them.

9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'm sure Morey would gladly make a trade that would improve our roster, but not if it means giving up valuable pieces(like Parsons for Rondo) or adding on so much salary that it leaves us with no cap flexibility for the foreseeable future.

10. Houston288South

Respectfully, I think we still need some help if we want to make a decent playoff push. I'm confused as to why we won't sign any of these veterans like some of these contenders are doing...

11. shadowmantis

shadowmantis Member

He's playing in a new team, which is why he may seem a little insecure. I agree that it's way too early to evaluate him. Let's just wait a few games and see how he plays.

12. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I don't think so. Hamilton is a hot head. That was his problem. He played good last year and the start of this season but then he got in somebody's doghouse and was buried on the bench. It seemed to occur around the time he got in a fight with someone. Can't remeber who.

13. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Granger just isn't good anymore.

He probably wouldn't have chose the Rockets anyway. Where are the minutes with Parsons, Jones, DMo and Jordan?

14. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Thank you MrObvious

15. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Beno Udrih maybe?

16. jjc1

jjc1 Member

I think Granger is choosing Clippers anyways. He has a good chance to grab that starting SF spot with Dudley not playing well and Barnes is just Barnes. He knows that he has zero chance to be a starter in Houston.

17. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

"AGGIE BIAS"

*clap clap clapclapclap*

18. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

How many minutes did Casspi get last night?

I think we've addressed the backup SF position.

For those saying that Howard's prime is this year, I certainly hope not. Did you see him last night? Still ridiculously timid compared to his "prime" when he put a team on his back to the Finals, beating the defending champs in the process.

Next year Dwight should be a lot better than this. Essentially every year he still has a plateau of athleticism while putting distance between himself and that back injury. The NBA still is a place where a confident, skilled big man has no equal. Let's hope Dwight regains some of it because DeAndre Jordan was pushing him all over the place yesterday. Maybe after last night we'll realize just how important it is to show up against the scrubs in order to maximize playoff seeding. San Antonio doesn't beat anybody good yet they will still be a top 3 seed because of their ability to take out the trash.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

There isn't any "hate". It's about expectations. A guy plays well for 2 games and this message board erupts. If he looks bad the next, y'all will want his head on a stick. Don't put me in that bucket.

Put me in the bucket with realistic expectations. You continue to look at options to get better, for the stretch run, there's no reason to be content with Hamilton. Or James Anderson. Or James White. Or any other swingman with potential. Accumulate guys that might crack the rotation and see what McHale chooses to do.

McHale wanted a wing defender, bring in as many as possible, see who earns the spot. Casspi and Garcia played themselves out of their spots. Give me a handful of guys that want to compete for minutes. Guys with something to prove. Guys that have experienced big moments before. Then we'll see what happens.

20. Clarinetmonster

This is one reason (among others) why the Clipps and OKC are such bad matchups for us - Dwight has trouble with really long strong athletic types (basically playing against himself) and they don't come much longer, stronger and more athletic then Deandre Jordan and Serge Ibaka. The wingspan on those guys is off the charts.