1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Westbrook Recently called out Harden for having the "worst attitude" on the team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 28, 2020.

1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

WB calls out Harden? Why whatever for... I've always been told by CF that Harden is infallible... and anything bad said about Harden is just those nasty ol haters! lol

Good for WB! Hopefully such honesty will push the team to a more consistent level! :)

2. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

@cyberx are we still interested in Iggy?

3. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

Do we know that Harden took the criticism without being hurt?

Houstunna and hakeem94 like this.
  4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well, I’m glad it happened, but I’m sorry it was needed.

Harden does have that tendency to drift when things don’t go his way. Thing is, ownership and management treat him with kid gloves. So Westbrook had to be the one to administer the d*ck-slap.

BaselineFade, Fyreball, Vivi and 8 others like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

no one says Harden is infallible, let’s please stop it with the strawman

there are many who try to blame him for everything or act like he is even a primary problem with the team when he’s the reason the team is even relevant...that is the issue

D-rock, FrontRunner, Patience and 2 others like this.
  6. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Good.

Glad wb had the balls to do it because Dantoni sure as hell wasnt.

Houstunna, donkeypunch and kjayp like this.
  7. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Awesome news indeed. Despite what everyone may make of the CP3-Russ trade, this type of accountability is what any Rockets fan has been hoping for. Harden gets in his own way many times. There's level to this, and maybe the type of accountability that is ideal for Harden may not come from a head coach but from a true friend / teammate / co-star.

payaso, bj3175 and donkeypunch like this.
  8. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

He is daddydicking him for the good of the team.

donkeypunch likes this.
  9. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I like that Westbrook is making the effort to be a leader. You can tell he's been trying, being more vocal, positive and assertive; not only in this instance but with the rest of the team in the past few weeks.

Him calling out Harden is great because of their close relationship and sometime, even the elites need a kick in the ass to get them going. Only possible concern is... weren't CP3 and Harden's relationship really great the first year too?

Vivi, dje243, Mazulis and 4 others like this.
  10. apatel123

apatel123 Member

hmm. maybe Tilman did the right thing after all...

hakeem94 and FrontRunner like this.
  11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

"At l least I play back-to-back games with my bad attitude!"

D-rock and kjayp like this.
  12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

C'mon man... you know any questioning of anything Harden related will typically bring a posse coming at you to white knight for him...
    Its been that way for years...
    Turnovers - its his insanely high usage rate...
    Lack of D - He has to carry such a load on offense...
    No off ball effort - thats the plan to pull defenders out to half court...

Obviously Harden is the man and we're going as far as he carries us - but many then feel the need to bury their heads in the sand and deny anything that can be improved upon - and we got plenty of areas of improvement to hit up (throughout the team).

13. Caesar

Caesar Member

Time for the team to ISO Harden.

SamFisher likes this.
  14. prs325

prs325 Member

Finally a back bone!!!

donkeypunch likes this.
  15. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

Next week: “I know what we need to do. I know exactly what we need to do.”

16. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Are the sources your own conspiracy theories because you failed to cite any here..

17. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

is this why sensitive Harden has been playing like **** recently?

18. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I think Westbrook has always been loved by all his teammates (as we know, CP3 hasn’t) because regardless of how he’s performing on the court you can see how hard he’s playing.

Also, he’s notably cut down on his 3 pointers, adapting his game for the betterment of the team so if anyone can say stuff to James it’s him, friends or not. Thankfully, they are great friends so I bet this will be good for the team in the long run.

Vivi, charlieaustin, Mazulis and 4 others like this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

Wait, so are u really gonna sit here and tell me that Harden’s insane usage rate isn’t a major reason for his high turnovers, or that the load he carries offensively while leading the league in minutes won’t have an effect on his defense? There was a whole article written just a few weeks ago explaining how some of Harden’s lack of off-ball movement is by design.

most of the people grilling Harden are trolls or often don’t even know what they’re talking about...they basically only show up when he’s struggling, and are nowhere to be found when he’s not...there are those who blame him for everything and act like he’s the biggest problem...those are the main ones who catch heat, and don’t try and act like that’s not the case

there’s no need to be out here making up strawman arguments

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Good to hear. I believe Harden needs somebody to motivate him and hold him accountable. D'Antoni surely will not do it. Chris Paul was probably a good influence on him, even if it rubbed him the wrong way. I hope Westbrook will do the same.