1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Westbrook Recently called out Harden for having the "worst attitude" on the team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 28, 2020.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm curious as to know by what metric you're using to deduce that Blake's career has "been downhill since" solely because of Paul.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

you're still here? lost track of which username you're on #loserville

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. steddinotayto

Unfortunately that was the first thing I saw when this video came out years ago and still sticks to me today. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened this season but replace Ariza and Paul with Tucker and Westbrook.

4. smp

smp Member

If there’s anyone who can call people out about attitude- lack of effort, laziness, quitting, moping around, mental toughness, it’s Westbrook.

He gives everything he has and keeps pushing no matter what. Hakeem had that kind of mental toughness. So did Kobe. It’s a fierce competitive mindset. He might get angry, get T’d up, or shoot you out of the game. But you will never see him lay down and quit when things aren’t going his way.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

hasn't had nearly the success on the court on his own nor has he had maintained a steady amount of it

6. steddinotayto

I don't think you remember but he was an All-Star just last year, when he played 75 games putting up 25/8/5 on 46/36/75 shooting. The year before that he got injured but still managed to put up 19/6/6 in the 25 games he did play.

Am I a Blake stan? Heck no but let's not get carried away that Chris Paul's teammates fall apart without him. Maybe the fringe role players, yea, but Griffin was an All-Star before him and, as he proved last year, was an All-Star without him. Same with Harden. As for the success you mentioned, yea that tends to happen when you don't play with a fellow All-Star (any All-Star; not just Chris Paul) and get shipped to Detroit.

7. Nook

Nook Member

You can always find something for just about any player.

I remember PJ Tucker pushing CP3 out of the way and telling him to "**** off".

Curry and Green have shot each other looks......... Durant and Westbrook and Durant and Curry.

Really in the NBA it all comes down to whether you win championships......... a lot of that is timing and the quality of teams involved.

Most great players work hard, most are very competitive and ambitious........ some become all time greats and are remembered because they were on great teams and in great markets.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

making the all star in the east is not that impressive. the choices in the east aren't exactly lengthy. and that was his first one since 2014-15. not to mention his body has absolutely breaking down big time. yeah you get shipped to another team and get exposed when you realize you're not that type of player to be leading a winning team.

9. steddinotayto

Do you want me to repeat his numbers again? Blake had an All-Star year last year, regardless of conference. This wasn't a Jamaal Magliore circa 2003 All-Star selection.

As for Paul's leadership, how's that been working for him? He's managed to get himself exiled to OKC where he gets to impart his leadership qualities on a team of role players. As much as Harden has to learn and grow up, Paul undoubtedly needed to do the same thing.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

I couldn't careless about empty numbers if they don't translate to winning basketball. that's never been an impressive feat

his leadership looks to be doing just fine. getting tons of love in okc. right in the middle of the pack of the western conference where nobody thought they would be close to be. and just behind hou who is supposed to be this "title contender". looks pretty good to me

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Jesus Christ!!!

Rocket River

ROXTXIA likes this.
  12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yes, that poster needs to find Jesus.

"I didn't know I was supposed to be looking for him, Lieutenant Dan."

smp and Air Yordan like this.
  13. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

Lol that Forrest Gump line always gets me :D

14. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

So how much have you been hating every single minute of Russ absolutely dominating this last month?

33/9/8 in his last ten on 54 percent.

Must be a tough time for you.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

how's that thread of yours going

rockets in their last 10 with him 5-5. boy is that impressive

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Because Harden has been playing through an injury and shooting/playing atrociously is literally the only reason they haven't won more games. It certainly doesn't have anything to do with Russ.

Imagine being so stubborn and stuck in your bad take that you can't acknowledge how amazing Russ has been lately. What a miserable time it must be watching your "favorite" team, while actively rooting for someone on that team to fail. LMAO.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

So harden's fault ok got it. imagine making one of the dumbest threads on cf's history and you still try to act like you're relevant. LMAO

18. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

And not a single thing about Russ is ackowledged once again.

LMAO. You're so pathetic.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

Oh you wanted people to acknowledge russ make harden play better because that's what your thread says. oh wait LMFAO

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

I'm sorry that Westbrook is better than your lover CP. I know it hurts.