1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Warriors' Curry to be named NBA MVP

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TesseracT, May 3, 2015.

Tags:
  1. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

*** the Warriors, if they begin to sucks after few years would the media still kissing their ass? And their so call "fans"? Kevin Ding? *** all of them. No loyalty, bunch of glory hunters.

2. NickKent

NickKent Member

Bill Land, Spurs play by play man, voted Harden 3rd, ridiculous

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

When in doubt, "consider the source."

4. Houston22

Houston22 Member

congrats Curry.
    Since Rockets finished second, I thought MVP should go to Harden since "best player on best team" does not make such a difference to "best player on second best half-a-team". If they finished sixth then I'd be more OK.

5. Major

Major Member

Harden absolutely had less help than Curry - I don't think anyone would disagree with that. But he also won 11 fewer games. It's not like he accomplished as much as Curry did with the less help.

6. Major

Major Member

So if the Spurs win against the Pelicans on the last day of the season, then Harden is no longer the MVP? That seems ... odd.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It shouldn't be held against Harden that his whole team went down with injuries. Who knows what the Rockets win total is if nobody gets hurt like the Warriors?

Team success has far too much to do with an individual award.

8. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Don't be a block head if we finish 6th seed it was def against hardens case, finishes second helped its that simple.....now fk off major we have a game to worry about instead of answering your stupid hate hunting questions....Harden IS MVP...Beat LA

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

congratulations stephenie…..espn has now crowned you the true Tru Warier…..they usually hand out this award at the beginning of round 3….so that'll give you a couple weeks to get in some pushups so you'll be able to lift the trophy over your head at the ceremony

10. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Don't agree with the decision myself, but what's done is done.
    Now Harden and Co - go f@#$ up the Clippers and take down GSW in the conference final.
    Forget the individual honor and go get us that championship and show everyone who the true MVP is!

11. Major

Major Member

If Harden had won, would you say that people held it against Curry that he was on a good team? :confused:

It's not like Harden had a better individual season than Curry - they both had great and similar seasons. Curry had better teammates and won more games. Harden had lesser teammates and won less games. Picking one over the other is not holding something against someone.

12. Major

Major Member

If you don't want to read my posts or answer my questions, there's a very easy solution for you.

13. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

I did answer your question if you cared to finish my post.... But when you say its not like harden accomplished as much as curry cuz curry won 11 more games is ignorant, its stupid, and it means you have not watched what harden has done this season plain and simple...it also means you have no clue how good of a TEAM the warriors are.
    It means another thing , that you have no clue what MVP stands for if wins is your main judging point

And stats wise harden is better than curry in every stat except what FG%, 3PM, Ass, Steals..... and his steals is very similar and assist is 1 off

Ppl fail to mention Harden although didnt win the scoring title scored morepnts than another Nba player by 250 points, Curry is deserving but didnt deserve it more than harden its plain and simple...

Then on top of that he gets 130 first place votes to hardens 25 just shows how ridiculously biased and blinded the national media is, and i assume thats where you come in

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I dont understand how anyone could have voted anyone but Steph and James for #1 and #2, shows how many morons get to vote for this garbage

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'm just saying it's silly to say how many games his team won compared to Harden's. If that's the primary deciding factor, then it's pointless to give the award to just one person. Give it to the whole team if that's the case.

You are correct that Curry and Harden had very comparable seasons. Curry better in some areas. Harden better in others. Individual factors should be what the award is primarily based on, with team success being only marginally factored in. With Curry, it just seems like the team's accomplishments are his primary reasoning.

16. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

His numbers in less minutes still weren't too shabby though. I would've picked Harden, but I can still admit it was neck and neck. Curry getting MVP isn't as ridiculous to me as some people on here are making it out to be.

17. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

It's hard to argue with the best player on a team that won 67 games. That's special. He also averaged 4 minutes less per game than James.

Hopefully it can motivate him.

18. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

this would've been the year to do a co-mvp award... just sayin.

curry is a great player... no doubt - cant take anything away from him. well deserved.

harden was also VERY deserving... too bad the media hype, the nba pedigree, etc... was too much to overcome for harden.

we just witnessed an AMAZING season from harden (which is far from over) - it's a regular season to treasure. hopefully the playoffs bring something better!

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying Curry isn't deserving. He most certainly is. All I'm saying is that it's silly when people bring up Curry's team winning tons of games as his primary reasoning for winning MVP. That's not what an MVP award is supposed to be.

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

LOL @ Under Armour Lil Curry ad right at the bottom of this thread.

#100 B-Bob, May 4, 2015
    Last edited: May 5, 2015