1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Warriors' Curry to be named NBA MVP

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TesseracT, May 3, 2015.

Tags:
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Chance for MVP, Finals MVP & Championship! :eek:

[​IMG]

2. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

I miss when you used to just post announcements.....

3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Becsuse harden had a better season and won 56 games in the west with D12 sitting most of the season. It's the most valuable player not best player on #1 seed award.

4. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

So, best player on best team= MVP

I wonder how fast this is forgotten when Cleveland is not in 1st place next year.

Curry is a great great player, but the most valuable player this year, was james harden.

5. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Oh well, more motivation for our team, fuel the fire.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Dang, lots of salt in here

Curry is a deserving MVP. I want to see Harden have the cojones to take this as an insult and take the Rockets to the championship b**** slapping Curry and GSW on the way

7. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Please ban

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Indeed. Steph had a great season, but Under Armour launched just a good a campaign with their toy BSPN.

[​IMG]

He was actually deserving and a good case could be made; it's just that the case should have been made without stories about shots he made in practice and other such poofiness.

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Maybe J.R. works for Under Arm too.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Did you hear he made 767 threes in practice?

Mvp!

11. SemisolidSnake

He is exactly that. But you see, this is the issue with the "MVP" award. Nobody knows what the hell it means, so it can basically mean anything. Some years, it's best player on best team; some years it's most valuable player to one's team. The latter is the line the Rockets were pushing for Harden; the former is clearly what the media voted on. It's even more messed up in the NFL, where basically it will always be an offensive player and almost always a quarterback.

My first thought on this is actually coming to fruition in a way. The players are voting on their own MVP this year, and I'm happy to see that. They used to vote on the official award before 1981. Who wins the Players' MVP will be a lot more interesting, and I'm actually kind of glad that players' award will separate, because it will be right there to compare against what the media thinks. I trust the players more.

My second thought that will probably never happen in any of these pro sports leagues is that they should just split the "MVP" into two or more definable awards: Most Valuable To One's Team and "Best Player" (or whatever you want to call it.) Maybe even throw in something else for Best Player On the Best Team if the awards still aren't sufficiently defined. They could all go to same person possibly, but more likely it would allow the best player to be recognized and it would also allow players on teams without top records to be recognized for their stellar contributions to their team.

Right now, the whole MVP discussion is just nothing but "what does it even mean?" every year. I'm very interested to see what the players think it means. The NFL should adopt the player votes as well. Hell, every sport probably should. The media lives in its own world.

12. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

dude only played 32 minutes game, that speaks to how stacked his team is more than anything else

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

If haren can't make 77 3's in practice, then he doesn't deserve the MVP.

14. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Just stick to your news updates please.

K thx bai

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Both Curry and Harden deserved it.

16. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I know right? I mean he made 77 threes in a row at practice!

17. Marteen

Marteen Member

I think JR is playing you guys like a fool. Clearly he's jinxing the **** out of Curry.. or so I hope.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Pull your panties out of your ass. :grin:

SI sent that [photo] out.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Warriors' Stephen Curry will reportedly be named NBA MVP: <a href="http://t.co/Q5jR7btGKT">http://t.co/Q5jR7btGKT</a> <a href="http://t.co/UlcvUzvHbG">pic.twitter.com/UlcvUzvHbG</a></p>&mdash; SI NBA (@si_nba) <a href="https://twitter.com/si_nba/status/595019702478450688">May 4, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Yes good work SI....The media needs to taunt Harden more.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really hope if this happens we don't play who's the better 3 point shooter contest