1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Some issues between Harden and Howard (don't hang out anymore)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 24, 2015.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Codman has been wrong literally 80% of the time.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Please change the title to Gossip Sources.

1 person likes this.
  3. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

I know he's the real deal but it's known he's L.A based. I believe him 95 percent of the time. I do not this time

4. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

This is what I feared.

Some issue crept up, and now two superstars' primes are about to be wasted.

Houston luck.

5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Oh don't get me wrong I totally agree we keep harden. But what I'm referring to is the supposed rift between the two. Howard has absolutely brought it these playoffs play in play out except for one game. There is no doubt Howard is willing to do anything and everything to get that championship. Harden on the other hand I have my doubts. And that's tough for me to say harden played out of this world the first two games. But his play has been spotty in these playoffs. It's just tough on one hand you have Howard who knows days are numbered for a championship. And on the other hand you have a young superstar who might not be so worried about the same things at the moment. And I know that sounds really unfair to say.

6. rocketmc

rocketmc Member

Yeah, you can tell after Dwight post-interview in Game 5 and 7 of the Clipper series. Dwight reference to Curry as Chef Curry after game 7 win of the Clipper series. To me that's a diss by Howard.

7. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

You know what's a red light for me?

Durant calling Dwight a p***y earlier this year. I think James and KD aren't particularly fond of Dwight.

Let's go get DJ and KD.

8. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Please....I've been through ALL the highs and lows, from being in the building in San Antonio when Hakeem destroyed David Robinson, to being nearly in tears when we couldn't get a rebound to close out Utah in game 7, from the short lived "Twin Towers" dream, to the equally short lived Yao/Tmac era, to the Artest/Yao team against the Lakers that turned into the Artest alone team.

Being a Rocket fan is HARD - I know from personal experience but I'm still a fan.

9. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Dwight is a turnover machine that should never be allowed to post up. He just ignites the GSW fast break.

10. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

The reactionary posts are hilarious. Trade Harden! Trade Howard!

This was totally unnecessary and intended to create chaos.

11. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

You can add to the list (from previous years):

Heat out? Rift between Bosh and Lebron

I agree that is normal, that two star players that are very competitive get angry at each other, when they lose.

12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

What he posted (presumably Dwight being upset that he isn't being used correctly) is far more significant than Dwight/Harden not being BFFs, IMO. Don't know if I buy that, considering he's being used in precisely the way he said he was willing to be upon his return.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The point is, you can be enemies and still win games. Only point there.

14. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Then how did they come back from 1-3 v. the Clips?

Gosh, these stuff and rumors are so stupid.

15. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Laker homer cyberx try to stir trouble up again. lol

16. ThaShark316_28

It's a rhetorical question. You didn't need a paragraph, fam.

17. mrm32

mrm32 Member

But even the pick and roll play and lobs are down. They need to find ways to integrate him into the offense without trying to post him up. You're right though it is difficult considering how turnover prone he is.

18. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Completely agree.

19. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

You gotta remember too - Harden is still fairly young. Lebron could be the greatest of all time and when he was 25 he was still having very questionable playoff games where people questioned his drive and motivation. let's not lose perspective.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This is a significant part of Golden State's defensive game plan. More sophistication in our offensive schemes is pretty much a must.

Look at the Warriors. They were Iso-heavy last year and were perfectly fine, but nothing special. New scheme with constant ball movement and motion, and now they're historic.