1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Some issues between Harden and Howard (don't hang out anymore)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 24, 2015.

1. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Source? Context ?

2. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Non story IMO. As others have said these rifts come out all the time after a big loss, and I seriously doubt that the team is questioning Howard's toughness after his postseason performance (unless I'm interpreting OP wrong) and after he apparently tore into JET for missed rotations.

Howard even admitted in the past he doesn't always hang out with his teammates and why should he? He's a grown ass man with his own friends who can do what he wants. Yes the lack of real chemistry may affect the on court performance slightly but we are in the freaking WCF lets stop with the Chicken Little BS and with the speculation.

3. mrm32

mrm32 Member

You choose the younger superstar with no injury history. I love Dwight but if there really is a rift there is no way Morey gets rid of Harden before Howard.

4. ThaShark316_28

\/
    \/
    \/
    \/
    \/

5. juanm34

juanm34 Member

This is basketball not Boy Scouts. Who cares if they don't hang out off the court. It's what they do together on the court that I care about.

6. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

No offense, but this sounds like some made up Kevin Ding ****.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Shocking that players are potentially upset with each other when the team is losing games. Shocking I tell you!

8. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I personally don't feel that way about either of them. We aren't anywhere near where we are without both of them giving us huge, inspired performances along the way. As many have posted, I don't find it surprising at all that the locker room isn't all rainbows and sunshine, considering where things stand in this series. I don't think it's any coincidence that we've suddenly heard about a divide between players on every single team that has been eliminated in very disappointing fashion this postseason. These guys are human.

I think cyberx provides great info and I defend him frequently to those who love to question / try to run him off -- but on some level, I think he enjoys posting vague stuff like that and then kicking back, still logged in, and reading while people scramble and panic instead of clarifying.

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

cyberx is the real deal. Its an honor to have him post here. You dont question his existence here

10. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Harden's obviously but has anyone ever questioned Howard's in game effort? Can't say that for James

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Are you implying that Harden had a negative effect on the team and the offense this season since that comeback was "no fluke"?

12. ThaShark316_28

James boys in this game are all gone, sans TJ. (Marcus Morris, T-Rob, etc)

Knew they never really hung out, so this is ehh to me. Nothing more than another CF/Houston fan meme that's going to live on.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

14. dawesome

dawesome Member

So typical gossip when a team is not in favorable situation

15. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Agreed. People are very happy that an "insider", who I believe works in LA, has confirmed their bias.

This thread is too vague to be considered insider knowledge and just comes off like you're trying to stir up dissent. They speak well of each other.

16. thesimp

thesimp Member

Both players have their issues, but Harden is younger and more durable.

Dwight is more replaceable as well.

Maybe Rockets can push this series despite all this.

17. Nook

Nook Member

Oh cry me a river.

The Rockets are in the Western Conference Finals with a 24-25 All NBA First Team shooting guard and when healthy, the best center in the NBA. It ISNT hard to be a Rockets fan.

Dwight and James are fine and both overall have played well in the playoffs.

18. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I can certainly understand dwights frustration when you've been ballin all playoffs against Tyson Chandler and DeAndre Jordan and now you have this advantage on Bogut and it seems like your touches are down.

19. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Dan Fegan, ladies and gentleman

20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

These 2 have never really been friends, this isn't news. Unless something comes out that they detest each other this is a complete non story.

This team has some on court schematic issues to address, but people do not need to be besties.