1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Sealed indictment against trump basis of impeachment.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Spooner, May 13, 2017.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Actually, there is an excuse Republicans/trump supporters could use when attempting to support the fellow in the White House finally blows up in their faces, which is in the process of happening now. They can say they were duped. I would give some of the current trumpster's here a pass if they came out of the closet, admitted they had made a mistake, and claimed that they were duped. Duped by trump, duped by Bannon and his propaganda machine, and duped by the Russians.

I would give some of them a pass because I think they were. They aren't all trolls. Some got carried way by the trump frenzy and have clung to the man ever since. Time for them to let go. trump is teetering on the brink. I actually feel sorry for some of them. Their reputations are taking a major hit. In my opinion, at any rate.

London'sBurning and mdrowe00 like this.
  2. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Umm not likely to happen, they would vote for Trump again in 2020, 90% plus is my guess.

3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I think some of us don't like his personality but agree with his policy.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I don't get this notion at all from Trump fans who say this. Why would traditional Republicans not want him impeached ASAP to get someone they should trust much more in Mike Pence?

You realize that if you are wanting ACA repealed and replaced to get the Tax Cut for the wealthy done so you can then get further tax cuts, you need Trump to stop halting the legislation that he is currently stepping on daily right?

I just don't think that the traditional Republicans know that if Trump goes its not like Hillary gets to be president. The presidency goes to Pence and more power to Paul Ryan who would probably step in as VP. If you want your agenda passed beyond EO's which really don't do crap, it would make no sense to me why you wouldn't want Trump out of there ASAP before it gets too close to 2018. Because if Trump is still making a sh$%show mess close to 2018 the GOP is going to get wiped out and that policy agenda goes out the window when the Dems obstruct everything until 2020. You keep him much longer and you run the risk of Trump causing a mess very close to 2018 mid terms which would be catastrophic for the GOP who have enough time now to move one and make out well if Pence steps in pretty soon.

But don't take my word for it. Keep on thinking that Trump has to stay for GOP policies to be enacted. By all means.

If you disagree with that then I don't know what to tell you. You might just be a Trump fan who doesn't want to say publicly that you enjoy his disgusting personality.

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

i've heard others say this before (especially when justifying their support when his statements about women was discussed). But unfortunately, it seems that many (most?) Trump voters and supporters voted him because of his personality ("he is an outsider", "he will shake things up", "he is not PC", etc).

And if you support him solely because of his "policies"... what exactly are those? Isn't that simply saying "I support him because he is a "republican" " and isn't that simply admitting that "party before country"?

6. pirc1

Which policies of his do you support?

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Exactly. His EO's are all for show, and there is no indication that Pence would be signing anything different.

The ONE piece of legislation that the GOP/Trump are really working on is ACA repeal which is just a tax cut for the wealthy that through reconciliation will open up more tax cuts for the wealthy.

If you say that you are all in on Trump's "policies" there is nothing different about Trump than Paul Ryan and Mike Pence. Evidence to that is that the Republicans in the House and Senate have voted with Trump 98% of the time.

Trump does nothing but hurts their ability to move forward with real legislation. I think the evidence is pretty stark that Trump fans are lying when they say crap like "what he said on the campaign disgusted me" etc. but I still support him fully. Just be honest and say you like him personally. There is no rationale otherwise because if you truly cared about the GOP policy agenda you'd say "Thanks Trump for getting the GOP in all 3 branches of government in November... now please step aside and let Mike Pence and Paul Ryan run the country."

8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I haven't had a huge problem with the majority of his executive orders so far. His immigration stance has been solid in my opinion although I know some find it racist, I really don't. I agreed with the Comey firing. Not a fan of the wall. The MOAB didn't offend me. The lobbyest ban was overdue. I like his support of police. I do wish he would give up his Twitter.

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Interesting that you narrowed down his policies you support to executive orders. His legislative record (and yes, I know congress legislates) has been non-existent or a net negative... the healthcare policy (ACA replacement) has been a big failure so far. His tax reform policy has so far been a failure. And he has allowed the other failures and distractions to get in the way in the Infrastructure policy that would have (1) had bipartisan support and (2) improved both the economy and job situation.

Even if you looks at his most significant EOs he has had at best mixed success. The Muslim ban failed once will probably fail a second time. His Wall EO is going no where.

Many of his EOs are either vague or uncontroversial. (eg. lobbyist ). Some seem harmful to the environment. But reasonable debate could be had with most of those (versus the immigration ban and Wall). And hard to see anyone criticize support of police, or support of our military. Those EOs are fluff.

Last, the Comey firing. While no one says he couldn't fire Comey, even the most partisan supporter of Trump has to admit the timing was suspect as was the spin following the firing. Simply saying "some Democrats wanted him fired in the past" is just as specious as the confused "fired for Hillary handling" and "Comey lost support of rank and file" stories Trump and his people spun out there.

eric.81 and Astrodome like this.
  10. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Says the guy who uses the genetic fallacy at every turn because he doesn't want to consider evidence that runs counter to the bullshit narrative he has been spoon fed.

11. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Why wouldn't you believe that one doesn't effect the other? Sure, I believe that the above statement could be true if some person's personality is a bit too abrasive, or someone is a little on the blunt end and doesn't "tame" their language appropriately... maybe even a guy who talks too loud or converses with too much braggadocio. At the end of the day, you can put aside those minor peccadilloes and still believe in their character, or their ability to complete a task, or their intelligence...

But the "personality" that you're referring to, the one some of you "don't like" despite supporting him, has been on display (FOR YEARS) via:

- Admitting to sexual assault.
    - Blatant racism.
    - Brazen narcissism.
    - Fundamental lack of intelligence regarding his job.
    - Multiple outright lies.
    - A long, dubious track record of professional failure that was only propped up by reality tv and licensing his bullsh*t persona.

I only listed a few issues of his that I (and his detractors) have a problem with... it could've been a much more extensive list. I don't care if his policies included him handing $100 of his own cash to every American, how can you put the above "personality" issues aside? How can you ignore them? No matter how great his policies...?

My theory is that those who make this "policy over personality" argument are people that were either duped and are now ashamed about who they voted for OR they're folks that like his personality just fine, but the dumpster fire in the White House has them ashamed to admit it.

That's just my personal theory though...

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

This is more to respond to respondents to Astrodome. I don't want to put words in Astrodome's mouth, but I see the risk of a big policy shift going from Trump to Pence. Trumpers may fear that. Pence is more of a religious-right orthodox conservative. Trump is not orthodox, which is what people seem to like. When the orthodox conservatives were trying to kill ACA, Trump insisted on keeping protection for pre-existing conditions (or at least the appearance of protection). Where conservatives want economic growth, Trump wants jobs. Where conservatives want a free market, Trump is willing to bully companies to get what he wants. I'm not saying he's any sort of liberal. But, he's a different breed of conservative from Paul Ryan and Pence. He also, for all the bumbling he does, has a talent for driving new issues. He dictates the issues of the day instead of reacting to whatever is in the public discourse. Immigration, the ACA, terrorism where all issues already. But, he drove NAFTA and international trade into the discourse, as well as the Johnson amendment, our relationship with Russia, violence in Chicago, the reaction to the war on coal, and other things. Pence is probably better than Trump on a lot of things, but he does not have Trump's creativity for vocalizing complaints conservatives didn't know they had until he said something about it. I'd be happy to be rid of all of that. But, I can see how Trump fans don't see Pence as just a sane and competent version of Trump. He might be sane and competent but he won't do the things Trump would do, which they seem to like for whatever reason.

Space Ghost likes this.
  13. pirc1

Pretty much anyone else does what Trump just did would go to jail, but since president have supreme power when it comes to intelligence. All hail Trump!

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They like his whiteness.

DD

15. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

FIFY

16. adoo

adoo Member

these recent developments have paved the way for Mueller, in addition to the Russian meddling, to investigate obstruction of justice against Trump
    • The Comey testimony
    • Coats,/Roger's refusal to answer questions by Congressional committee members
    • AG's forth coming testimony to congress regarding another unreported meeting w Russian diplomat
    Add to it, the fact that Trump has publicly declared that he would be willing to testify, under oath, just like Comey.

The last time that Trump had testified under oath, he was caught lying (by the opposing legal team) ~ 30 times, in the process losing his lawsuit against his own autobiographer O' Brien.​

in view of this, it is not far-fetched to say that there'd be an impeachment proceeding against Trump

Last month, the BOROWITZ REPORT had speculated that Trump will probably boast that

his impeachment proceeding will generate the highest TV rating ever, period.​

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I hear CNN sources say that Trump has already been impeached, found guilty, removed from office, replaced with Nancy Pelosi, and imprisoned. Their sources were anonymous however. No word on if the sources are multiple.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The policy that lying is awesome