1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[sources] - Sam Dekker may need back surgery

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by arjun, Jul 14, 2015.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

People were calling Blake Griffin a bust in 2009 because he missed his entire rookie year. Not saying Sam is Blake, but let's hold off until he actually plays

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nR68CN4657E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Rokman

Rokman Member

Dekker, we need someone who can hit 40%+ on threes consistently, attack and rip off the rim with contact, play hard nosed defense every moment on the court and keep the offense moving. Can you do THAT?

4. bratna8

bratna8 Member

He has played. Unless your blind, you would know that this guy has nothing to offer to be an NBA player.

No outside shot, slow as **** on offense and defense.

And that outside shot ain't getting fixed, has one of the ugliest release in the league.

5. bratna8

bratna8 Member

And BTW, they should fire the scout who was high on Dekker.

6. Drake Remoray

Drake Remoray Member

More good news.

7. rockets13champs

Dekker can play man. He just never got the chance. I expect dleague most of the year. Hes gonna get into the rotation much how KJ did

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I hope he shows us something, anything*, before the season starts, assuming he's still with the team. That's not a sure thing at all, in my opinion.

* subtle Todd Rundgren reference

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I hope he's been doing nothing but working on the mechanics of his shot, and throwing up 1,000 3pters a day.

His mechanics are ugly, his shot will always be inconsistent and inefficient unless he changes it. If he can't hit the 3 to give him additional space for drives and cuts to the basket, he won't be an NBA player IMO.

10. dmoneybangbang

Like Chandler Parsons?

11. dmoneybangbang

Did he take your girlfriend?

Only an idiot would claim after back surgery that he has nothing to offer as a NBA player. Yikes....

12. dmoneybangbang

Christ, you are profoundly stupid and trollish.

13. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Nope, but a dumb ass like you drafted him on the Rockets.

14. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

The idiots callin Dekkar a bust after only his rookie season coming back from back surgery are not only idiots but also impatient idiots.

One thing i did notice about Dekkar is he has an above average feel for the game, there will be a point in time within the next couple of years as his athletiscm becomes more nba ready where the game will click for him and he WILL be a player in the League, and has potential to be a very good player at that, Ryan Anderson- like eventually.

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

ryan anderson has been a great shooter since the first day he stepped on an nba court. and was never nearly as mobile as dekker. no idea how you came up with that comparison

16. dmoneybangbang

I actually didn't have any role with drafting Dekker....

I'm just not stupid enough to call someone bust after one season in which they spent most of the time rehabbing from a back surgery....

Keep your hot takes to yourself or come better prepared.

17. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Dekkar is probably not as great of a shooter as Anderson yet, but they both have a similar feel for the game. A person who has THE feel for the game can always become a great shooter, unlike players without that feel for the game who can never become good shooters, ex.(dwight howard, Joey Dorsey, etc.)

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this might be the stupidest **** i've read on here in months smh

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Not at all. Parsons had the lateral quickness to be a very good defender his first season and started out as a good passer. Athletically, Parsons was way ahead of Dekker although Dekker has/had the slightly higher vertical.

Dekker can't play the 3 in this NBA, absolutely no way.

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We have yet to see a healthy Dekker, so I have no idea how you guys are projecting this sort of stuff.

His shooting release is not bad at all...