1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets reach out to Wolves about Saric

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

He wouldn't really have a future here, or by any account anywhere else that can contend. As a laker he might not get playing time, the warriors don't really need him, we would use him until Capela gets back, OKC might have a spot for him? Then in the east I just don't think any contender would want him. He's gotta be thinking past this current deal, and MLE money is great for him next season. I hope Fiz gets some good mileage out of him and DJ can play some decent minutes.

2. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Also, Taj is a free agent after the season, so it makes sense the Wolves would see if they could get something for him. The Nets could use an experienced power forward, and he is from Brooklyn.

The problem with him as a Rocket is D’Antoni’s offense demands the power-forward be able to hit corner threes. I know Taj has been expanding his range in Minnesota, but can he become a guy that takes and makes corner threes on a consistent basis.

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Cyber said more players would be probably involved...maybe something like Gordon, Nene, Ennis for Taj, Saric? We would cut another 2.2M in salaries too and could get out of the tax by moving Stauskas and Baldwin.

But for me, this doesn't make sense, while i like both Taj (more than Faried) and Saric, i feel like the first would be kinda redundant for us now, and the second not really enough of a difference maker if he costs us Gordon...

4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

In the remaining few hours, Morey is probably still trying to a hail Mary for A.D. If he is not successful then he will deploy plan B, C and D. Don't forget, we still have the buyout market to try to improve the team even further.

As it stands now, I agree with some posters that if everybody is healthy, this is a better team than last year's.

tc0330 and ROXTXIA like this.
  5. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

I’d be really shocked if we moved Gordon for Taj. But as a buyout target, Taj would be perfect!

6. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Holy **** @Codman's signature is legit he called a bunch of stuff

Codman likes this.
  7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol Faried is the better player

adw likes this.
  8. Zergling

Zergling Member

Anyone who really thinks Morey, who has coveted Chris Paul FOREVER would suddenly turn around and trade him for inferior players in year 2 should just stop pretending they know anything about the team. It's pretty much the dumbest suggestion imaginable since there's ZERO chance it would happen.

Hakeemtheking likes this.