1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets pushing for a RYNO trade before the deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jan 25, 2018.

1. steveng125

steveng125 Member

Sounds good to me I don't see us getting better this season by trading him. This off-season we can get rid of him if we need to by even adding a player like Gordon in the package because we will need to trade other players as well to make room for lebron.

bballjunkie likes this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I am in agreement that I don't have a desire to dump Ryno for a warm body or some expiring scrub that can't contribute. If you move him I hope there is some value to us this year.

Jake Tower, ElPigto, DonKnock and 4 others like this.
  3. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Nerlens Noel on the cheap makes a lot of sense.

kwakmeister likes this.
  4. basketballholic

What we need is......better paint defense. And we need an additional guard. Gordon's back plus the fact that we are for sure going to be playing a whole lot more of him in the backcourt with Harden at the 3 necessitates we add another quality guard.

If we lose Anderson we lose some shooting. But Green can easily replace that shooting and spacing. I'd always be downn to add another shooter. But.....I actually think we'll be able to get a shooting 4 after the trade deadline on a minimum deal.

Jefferson and Collison didn't really solve anything on this current team except to add another guard. I think if we swung that deal I'd be looking to move Collison for a legit big that could help us defensively. Maybe Collison, Williams, cash, and a second for Noel and J.J. something like that. Collison and a second for Shelvin Mack and something else.

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

not sure what his health status is at the moment but Noel would be AMAZING on this team as a backup. He may not be as polished offensively as Capela (I cant believe I even wrote that CC has come a long way) but he is far more disruptive on defense.

Again his health though is going to matter and more importantly his head. The last thing we need is someone coming in thinking about their numbers and play with FA coming up. He lost on a ton of money and was upset last off season and this team is playing really well and chemistry is great I wouldn't want that disrupted. I dont think Dallas would trade him to Houston out of all teams though thats for sure. They'll want at minimum a 1st round pick anywhere he maybe traded

6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Come on, man. Get realistic. Anderson can't command flaming hot. His contract is too bad. We'll get regular cheetos and be lucky to have them.

BigggReddd and Bobsputin like this.
  7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Unfortunately,yes. Morey should retain him and go after a buyout player.

Williamson and RayRay10 like this.
  8. MourningWood

Yeah, he's special defensively and could pay dividends. His talent probably warrants a late 1st, but I don't think they'll get one because of his contract situation and injury history.

9. OTMax

OTMax Member

Noel, the fascination with mediocre players continues on CF. The grass is yellow on the other side!

RasaqBoi likes this.
  10. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

I think trading Ryno is a must...he is stil valuable on the court no doubt, but his contract is toxic.
    Getting Big AL is not good enough for me, but George hill+Zach is something i would def do

11. MourningWood

It has more to do with adding a high-upside 5/potential CC insurance without sacrificing any rotational pieces. You're kidding yourself if you don't think Noel could help defensively. He has some freakish tools.

BigggReddd likes this.
  12. HTM

HTM Member

bballjunkie likes this.
  13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

jacoby likes this.
  14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Didn't DeAndre Hopkins do the same thing in his Hotel room during the draft combine?

15. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I like Noel i think harden and cp3 would make him a very useful player

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

if we end up moving Ryno this deadline for something of substance, there needs to be a Morey statue built

Beardaholic13 likes this.
  18. ch44

ch44 Member

Best update I can give with the deadline so close. It's going to be a quiet one across the league, but especially in Houston. That's a good thing though, right? There is a lot of confidence in this group.

I do not expect an Anderson trade today. There just isn't a partner for him in this market that values him as much as we do. He is overpaid, but he is too good of a player on too good of a team to give up extra assets just to dump him. Nothing appears to be in the works for him.

Only names that I've heard are in talks today are Ariza, Black, Onuaku, and Williams. I know Ariza is popular in the locker room and it seems unlikely he'd be traded, just passing it along since everyone else seems safe.

19. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

Anderson/Black for Wilson Chandler/Kenneth Faried has been discussed per Ortiz.

20. MourningWood

Ryno/Black/pick for Chandler/Faried?

Alright, alright, alright.

DonKnock likes this.