1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets plan to resign Dwight this summer - NOT to MAX deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 2, 2016.

1. eslate22

eslate22 Member

whiteside is only a rich mans capela... not worth it imo

2. malakas

malakas Member

Whiteside has his head in the clouds. He will take his time to decide where to go, and probably it will be the Lakers.
    According to Woj's post, it seems Dwight is counted upon to help recruit Durant.
    Incredibly huge risk to go after two UFA at the same time, who will both take their time and you can't use Whiteside to recruit Durant.

So if only I can talk to Whiteside's agent and see if he's looking to stay and sign fast before I sit in the table with Durant.

And we will have to literally gut all the other roster.
    Do we have 47 mil capspace?
    Dwight is different because of his bird rights. Whiteside doesnt' come with full bird rights.

3. basketballholic

LOL. You're not on my level. You're speculating on Griffin trades that aren't happening. I already told you they're not trading Griffin in the next two weeks. They're simply getting the lay of the land, causing trade paralysis in teams liking up to go after Griffin, and in the process trying to scare the childish fool-hardy behavior out of Blake by sending him the message they may trade him to Philly or some other crappy team. On my level. .....pshhhhhh

4. malakas

malakas Member

OH THE IRONY!

5. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

This is interesting, considering the little altercation Dwight and KD had on the court last year. I remember seeing pictures of Dwight/Harden/KD all hanging out and laughing at the all star break a year or two ago...not sure if that dynamic has changed.

Maybe Cyber or Cod could give us some insight on Dwight/KD's opinions of each other.

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

8. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Don't think that works because it would put us over the hard cap (we receive $3mm more than we send out)

9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Not crazy, but where does GD get rerouted as part of this 4-way?

And only if only Dwight really wants Heat and/or Rox really don't want DHo. I'm not sold Howard is this dispensible.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah that's a pretty terrible trade unless the goal is to make the Lakers better.

11. basketballholic

In any Miami trade scenarios you're going to have to include a third team. Riley's primary goal is to step down out of the luxury tax this season. He does not want to be eligible for the repeaters luxury tax over the next couple seasons. And we are hard-capped and simply cannot take on extra salary. Not to mention Morey is looking to drop salary and step down out of the luxury tax himself.

#551 basketballholic, Feb 5, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

BTW - - the $$$ do not work, by @$3m if I can add???

13. malakas

malakas Member

Give Whiteside and Lawson for free to the Lakers, while helping them clear out of Lou's contract, and you create another antagonist for Durant. Then they stretch Young, sign Derozan and go and sit with Durant having an actual respectable team. NO.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Cyber has there been any discussions of Howard for Whiteside?

I would do it easily. Whiteside is younger and isn't too big of a step down from Howard. I believe he would re-sign if we give him his max. I'd much rather pay Whiteside a huge deal then Howard.

My trade idea

Dragic, Deng, McBob, Whiteside
    For
    Howard, Beverley, Dekker, Thornton

Interestingly enough, I think it would still be possible to get Durant with a Dragic, Harden, Whiteside core.

15. fansclut2014

fansclut2014 Member

capela is a good citizen and he needs starter mins starting next yr. If i am trading dwight i need other position players.

16. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Cyberx was dropping bombs yesterday. Reading through it all now..

I wonder if this deadline will be different from past ones. Might it finally be entertaining? haha!

17. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Hell no.

whiteside sucks and dragic is not the same guy he was 2 years ago.

I'd rather dwight just walk and clear space then get those guys especailly being that we can sign whiteside this offseson if dwight leaves without being tied to dragic.

Whiteside is going to the plae who offers him the first Max contract.

18. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Yes I do.
    I love Dwight, but he is "bone to bone". remember
    giving him a 4 or 5 year close to max deal is a huge risk.

If Morey can reach an agrement with Whiteside agent for an extention, I will do it

Dragic is overpaid, but he is still a great player.

And Miami will need a PG. Lawson?

19. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

But what about dwight/ariza for whiteside/winslow with dragic sent to Brooklyn. Obviously need other pieces for salary purposes and likely picks but I posted something like this in random trade thread that seems good for everyone

20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Is this an actual possibility? IF so i'd do it if they added Winslow and only if Dwight clearly wants out.

#560 treyk3, Feb 5, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2016