1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets one of the teams interested in Al Harrington

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Well if they sign him McHale is going to give him 32mpg because he loves veterans, so prepare for horror.

2. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

He was really solid just a couple years ago for Denver. I'd much rather have him than Dorsey... but that's not saying much.

3. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Nothing wrong with taking a flyer on a vet PF that made his moeny in the league shooting jumpers (he was no lights out shooter all the time be he was solid). Black is just not ready to give us what we need from a backup/starting PF. While T Jones is out (and we wait on a trade) this could be a solid pickup. We just need 10-15 mins a game from him. Playing in China means he is keeping that jumper ready. We are playing good team defense so we dont need him to be a on ball stopper. Just get in the way most of the time and make the PF shoot over you. I hope we get him, I think the offense will have a different look with him on the floor.

4. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Throw another spare tire on the ride. One day we might role up on a tire sale.

#104 ArtV, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Nothing wrong with kicking the tires on him considering Dorsey and Black

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Not THAT exciting, but sadly it's probably an upgrade.

What's interesting to me is this: if we have already decided to use the Lin-TPE before the deadline, and we're trying to shore up the PF position for cheap, that must definitively mean we are targeting a PG with the TPE.

It also means we will lose two players, and I really hope those two people are Dorsey and Garcia. I know that would be the most expensive option but I wouldn't put it past Morey to cut his losses on those two guys and sign a couple of people who can lock us in for one or two rounds of home court advantage in the Western playoffs. If we cut Dorsey/Garcia and, theoretically, signed Harrington and acquired a PG who can at least seriously compete with Beverley for the starting spot, then I think we may have a chance at landing in the top 3 in the West.

1 person likes this.
  8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I don't doubt the Rockets would kick the tires on a semi retired vet that could possibly contribute.

What I do doubt is that they are going to give up anything of value to do so and factor the move as a major difference maker. The most I could see Morey giving up is a one year vet min deal and the only player I could see getting moved or cut to sign him would be Dorsey.

And if Dorsey is cut instead of moved for nothing I think that is pretty interesting because it says a lot about what Morey thinks about free agency next Summer.

9. cyberx

cyberx Member

wow... He did...

Maybe Trevor knows more than we do. He is friends with Al from playing together last year in Washington.

10. rockets13champs

Dorsey to sixers wil do

11. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

[​IMG]

PICKKKK EM UP

1 person likes this.
  12. fv court

fv court Member

[​IMG]
    remember when al Harrington and jonathan Bender were the young studs for the Pacers. Bender's career was cut too short due to knee injuries.

13. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

I like it. We need a true stretch four. I love Dmo but he needs to play closer to the basket. I think Dmo will become our backup center once the dust settles on all of Morey's moves (assuming of course Dmo is not traded away in one of those moves)

14. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

I like giving Al a chance more than villanueva. sign me up.

15. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Jonathan Bender! Talk about a name you haven't heard in forever! I loved his game.

16. Drewski713

Drewski713 New Member

Solid move. I hope it happens. At the very least, he could help out the young bigs, with leadership.

17. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I remember how the Raptors tried to trade Bender, Willis and, I think, Doug Christie for Olajuwon, right before Bender's rookie year. Rockets turned them down, and they ended up trading Bender for Antonio Davis.

1 person likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Still say we should give Earl Clark a shot, brings much of the same things to the table that Harrington does on offense, but much younger and potential to be better on D.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

rockets don't really need anymore young players that are unproven at this point

20. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

D-Mo is pretty much the ideal backup because he is comfortable and competitive at both the PF and C positions. That is pretty rare in the NBA.