1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets one of the teams interested in Al Harrington

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 25, 2014.

1. HRox832

HRox832 Member

aw bummer. I actually wanted him here

2. NotChandlerParsons

This seems like the most likely scenario, I believe I read that he had multiple NBA offers. Both Feigen and Clutch poo-pooing it makes me think maybe the deal is off if there ever was one though.

3. cyberx

cyberx Member

Thanks Clutch! Could have been Harringtons camp leaking this to my people. Thanks for clearing it up!

Sorry guys!

4. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Thanx for the info anyway Cyberx. Maybe Morey has better moves up his sleave

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Can't we get a younger version of Al Harrington?

6. cyberx

cyberx Member

I know they entertained the idea at one point. Maybe it was just something that fizzed quickly.

7. kemah

kemah Member

He quit his Chinese team and flew back to the states to play in the NBA. He could be hoping Houston would pay him more than minimum.

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

No offense to Harrington, but what trade is there to make that is worth either sacrificing a future asset (to move along with Dorsey), hurt your depth in other areas (waiving Black, Garcia), or by sacrificing a young player (Daniels, Canaan, Johnson, Capela) in order to take a shot at a half-retired veteran like Al Harrington?

This is BHollic being a stubborn trade enthusiast more than anything. If the Rockets could sign a veteran that could help, they would have already done it by now.

Something else is making them hold off on moving players around in the meantime. My guess would be that they have bigger plans in the works later on than Al Harrington. I think priority #1 is trying to use the Lin TPE before December 15th. If they can open up a roster spot at that point, its nice to know you have some veterans out there that are willing to sign if needed.

I'm sure the Rockets are hungry to upgrade the team, but I don't think Al Harrington is being viewed as a key difference maker or anything. If I'm in Morey's shoes I would worry about signing him only to have McHale bench someone like D-Mo just because he "trusts" Harrington just like he "trusts" Terry over Canaan, etc. Harrington is another "Comfort food" option that isn't going to take this team to the next level. Morey has to be careful about that with McHale. Its his job to build this team up for sustained success now and in the future. Giving up on or benching younger talent in order to play half retired guys like Harrington shouldn't be high on his to-do list.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I get what you are saying but you do not have to call harrington a 'half retired player' when we have 37 year old Terry and 34 year old bad shooting Garcia.

He is actually a bona fide scorer at age 34 or 35. Just because we do not sign him does not make him an unproductive player.

He is still pretty good. I probably would watch him on other teams not necessarily on the Rockets

10. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Garcia is 32. But yea he shoots bad. He does seem older right

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ok he is turning 33 next month... tricky December the 31st

He plays like he is the one turning 37

12. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

We've got to get someone in here to replace Dorsey. He is just beyond terrible. Almost any NBA PF/C you replace Dorsey with would be a considerable improvement. While Howard is out I think option B is to just go small when you would normally be forced to put Dorsey in the game. No doubt Morey is working the phones trying to fill our gaps.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dorsey, Garcia and Daniels have been disappointing

Nick Johnson did not do well either but well rookie season