1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets looking at Wilson Chandler

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 16, 2017.

1. ABS

ABS Member

Lol@ this!

I remember this Poster blasted me when I mentioned W. Chandler but all happy and giddy when info. is out about a possible acquisition of W. Chandler.

See folks, this is what seperates Followers from Leaders. As a Fan, I observe the game, right. And call it like I see it when there are problem areas and needs to be filled. I come right out with it and SAY IT!

Fans like this though, just sit back and wait til someone in the higher-ups "tell them what to think."

If I called it right on a need for a W. Chandler and get bashed, but the Front Office called it just like I saw it, what does that say about the state-of-mind of our peasant fanbase?

(Forgive them Lord for they know NOT what they do!)

Hahaha.....by the way, you still my buddy for helping me out with a question. I'll never forget it. Thanks.

rocketsfan611 and alleyoop like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

does it matter?

3. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Really just looking? its clear as day this roster can't beat the real contenders!

ABS likes this.
  4. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

You're seriously gloating???

Respected posters here mentioned W. Chandler as a nice fit well before you ever trolled into our lives.

Give it a rest.

5. thedude077

thedude077 Member

6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

not really, just because we haven't done deals doesn't mean he isn't working the phones

7. ABS

ABS Member

Im sure you're right.....at least I'd take your words for it. But yeah, Id take the "gloating" over these savage cats ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!!

Yes Sirrrr!

You should join with me and have a laugh-fest against these Cats, man! I bet'cha it'd be therapuetic for your health getting some good laughs in on these Cats. Its well-deserved!

Haha

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

there is no such player as Chandler Wilson

9. valorita

valorita Member

Denver has a bunch of guys on their roster that would be a great fit on our team.

Faried
    Gallo
    Chandler
    Juancho
    Miller
    Barton
    Murray

The problem is that we have only one guy they would want.
    And his name is not Corey Brewer.

I wonder if they would do a Faried for Brewer + Harrell + rights/cash/pick

10. ballgame

ballgame Member

He should've been working the phones last week, when we missed out on Ibaka. I'm sure we could've beat the Raptors pkg.

Any other trade is a bandaid!

11. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

and Nelson

12. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he was interested in Ibaka, didn't land him..............he called

13. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Getting crazy....

Ariza and Montrez for Gallo and a future first (Denver has way too many first rounders than they need)

Follow up with

Brewer, Capella, Dekker and two future 1st rounders for DeMarcus cousins and Ben McLemore

14. finsraider

finsraider Member

We have literally the most active front office in the last 10 years. Not sure what you're looking at.

What the FO doesn't do is make predictable or public deals, which irritates the fan base because we don't get all the TV time that the Knicks do by parading around their "planned moves".

15. ABS

ABS Member

I'd do:

- Ariza/Montrezl for W. Chandler.

- Dekker/2nd rd. pick for Ben McLemore

But we need to get rid of Anderson! Not just because of his weak-fit with the starting 5 unit but because that contract destroys our flexibility to do trades.

Like I said in other posts, you can't headline Anderson as a trade package by himself. No team is gonna take that b.s. contract. Its a bad, bad contract. Very bad!

And it's something that should be uncharacteristic of Morey to give that stupid blunder of a contract with all 4 years gauranteed. Stupid! If he would have just gauranteed 2 years and let the 3rd year be a team-option, then that's a movable asset that would be attractive to teams out there.

But Morey structured this joke' contract like he's a Superstar talent, and that's what I HATE about Morey! He got a dorkish way of assessing talents and skillsets.

Not every team seeks "sturdy type" players as the best type of players. I know of no team' GM that thinks like that.....maybe the Blazer' GM do but most look for:

- Athelicism
    - Agility
    - Long
    - Quickness
    - Speeedy
    - Bouncy

And physical traits like that. Guys like Anderson and Dekker are stiffs and woefully limited , physically. And those types don't last in the NBA.

Morey don't understand that, though. He keep going after them, and that messes up our ability to acquire marquee players like those that fits the phsyical traits I mentioned. Somebody need to TELL Morey that!

He clearly don't get it.

Purp8585 and hakeem94 like this.
  16. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

The asking price would be too high.

17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

unfortunately, we can't include harrell unless we get a C in return. we need a 3rd center for when nene can't play.

for salary matching, we have to include brewer and KJ. i wouldn't give up a first rounder. ibaka was worth a first. wilson is worth a young player (KJ) and a 2nd round pick... maybe cash & rights if they insist.

i wouldn't move anyone else from what will be our playoff rotation (harden, bev, ariza, ryno, capela, ego, dekker, nene). remember, we are the 3rd or 4th best team in the league. we don't need to gut the core right now. as morey said 'just add depth'. brew/KJ/pick... and if we are getting a center, you can part with harrell. those are our trade chips. no more, no less.

#97 smoothie, Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  18. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Get over yourself.

ABS likes this.
  19. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Harrell is a power forward in my eyes, too short to really be a dominant centre

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I like Chandler but his lack of consistency from 3 doesn't look so good. I know he's a upgrade, but with Ariza and Dekker how much do we need him?

DG would be a bit more interesting to me because he's best at shooting 3's consistently at a high percentage while at the same time being the best scorer/shot creator of the bunch (Ariza/Dekker/Chandler).

BigMaloe and hakeem94 like this.