1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets leaning towards D'Antoni is also a way to show Dwight the door

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 18, 2016.

1. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

2. ABZERO

ABZERO Member

Seriously ?!?! D'Antoni? Milk Hair will be better!

3. ABZERO

ABZERO Member

Imagine beverley dribbles to half court and passes to Ariza for 3 less than 7 seconds. It's a thing of beauty.

4. anchel

anchel Member

Don't buy this.

There are different ways to force Dwight to leave. Morey would not commit to a coach 3-4 years just fro that reason, he's not that dumb.

5. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Morey isn't but apparently Les is:confused:

6. SRR21

SRR21 Member

Here I was thinking I could watch Rockets games again without constantly puking in my mouth.

7. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

this coach is byron scott approved [​IMG]

8. sabesque

sabesque Member

And you were harkening back to the old 81-83 JVG-era rockets? those were some ugly games.

9. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

not really. they made a conference finals and got beat by the spurs (not exactly a bad team to lose to) in 2005 and then were probably a stoudemire suspension and/or nash bloody nose (that kept him out of a 4th quarter i think) from maybe winning it all in 2007. the suspension was in the 2nd round but given that the next 2 opponents were utah and cleveland, the winner of that series was pretty much the champion.

10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

But even WOJ is reporting it right? It's probably legit. Les doesn't care about championships as long as his team is putting up points and there is asses in the seats.

11. CallMeTheDream

He went on tnt last week as a guest on Inside the Nba and sounded like opting in was something he was really considering.

12. claydavis

claydavis Member

sure worked out for the pacers and roy hibbert huh

13. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

i guess now we have to hope for morey to add some players capable of scoring in less than 24 seconds

14. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

so, lets assume this rumor is true and this is really why we're saying we're going after d'antoni? then, other than the fact some people will complain about anything, why are people complaining about the whole "this makes our franchise look terrible" angle? in a world where the rockets believe their best option for the future is for dwight howard to opt out and dwight howard, even knowing he doesn't fit and that the rockets don't want him back, is indicating that he will opt in and hurt our future plans, there would appear to be two options:

a) do what you can to prevent dwight from opting in, with some apparent mythical effect on free agents like they care about what happens internally with any individual team even 2% as much as the fans of that team care when they mostly just care about how much money you are giving them, how big their role will be, how good they think the current players on the team are.

b) let dwight opt it and possibly hurt the next few years so that free agents could perhaps like you 5% more, which won't matter for 3 years because your plans have been ruined.

it's a business. no one knows that more than free agents. if dwight is threatening to hold our offseason hostage, our goal probably shouldn't be to appease him because we think a future free agent will have no idea that sometimes player/team relationships sour, especially when the guy we are talking about has already had it happen with 2 other teams in recent memory. is some free agent really going to say "man, that team couldn't get along with dwight howard, i'm shocked. i'll never play there."

15. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Not sure why this would even come into the equation when choosing the person to lead your team for the foreseeable future.

16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

So does this mean it's a smoke screen so Dwight leaves and the real front runner is an unlisted? Messina or Vogel please! My 1 and 2 anyways

17. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

D'antoni's offense looks like the evolved version of the offense that McHale and JB ran. With McHale and JB, there were only 1 or 2 branches in the tree. D'antoni's seems to have 3-4. Those are obviously arbitrary numbers, but I'm not sure how I feel about keeping the same system. Then again, offense was not an issue numbers-wise. It was the droughts that were caused by the defense shutting down our first two options of the play. Once that happened, it was ISO ball. It might be refreshing to see more options after 2

18. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Defense isnt our #1 problem. When our "shooters" are bricking wide open 3s the opposing defense doesnt even have to guard those guys. Fix the offense, put pressure on opposing defenses and stop playing from behind. Im ok with D'Antoni. Dont like it...Mavs looking for fans. Bye.

19. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Who are the other 2 mystery candidates referenced by Stein/Feigen? Vogel & Messina, I hope, if JVG is truly out of running? I haven't heard of any actual interviews outside of Mike D...

20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Water is wet

A broke clock is right twice a day.