1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have Lowry as 4th option after Lebron/Melo/Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jun 24, 2014.

1. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Come on dude, check your dates.

2. haydenfisher342

My source lied about the dates sorry.

3. Vigorous

Vigorous Contributing Member

Do you even calendar bro?

1 person likes this.
  4. vator

vator Contributing Member

Time travel in the GARM!

[​IMG]

5. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Just long enough for melo to decide and for Larry to know if houston is an option for him. The longer this goes, the better for houston.

6. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Yep. If he wanted Toronto I think he would have committed by now. He is waiting for Houston to make a move.

7. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I think this is the real reason Lowry is waiting. He's in a holding pattern. If the Rockets can pull off a trade for either Anthony or Love, welcome back Kyle Lowry. Personally, I would have Love as my plan A, but I think the Rockets have Melo as plan A.

This scenario explains doc rocket's mysterious tweets about not being greedy. He's stated that he prefers Love as well.

Thinking about it now, I think if the Rockets don't get Melo, Lowry stays in TOR whether or not we get Kevin Love. Doc Rocket's tweets about Love + bench makes a whole lot of sense. Being greedy for two star FAs as opposed to trading for Love plus good role players like Ariza.

8. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

[​IMG]

9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

"lmao" Typical LoF, always trying to present stats in a light to make your idol look good. First of all, the much higher 3pt% (not even including the fact that Lowry shot well over 200 more long balls than Lin) should tell you who is actually a better shooter. Secondly, considering that even playing less and against lesser competition, the fact that Lin's stats comparable means he is inferior. Teams plan to stop an offense led by Lowry. Teams do not game plan to stop Lin. In fact, Lin consistently stops Lin with his poor decision making.

Actually, forget it. I don't even know why I bother with an idiot LoF like you. On to my ignore list you go!

10. basketballholic

They are actually relatively close offensively.

It's just that Lowry has a backside to his game that isn't on the stat sheet. And Lin doesn't. On the defensive end...it's not even close...Lin's not even worthy to be on the same court as Lowry defensively.

EDIT: There is one difference between Lowry and Lin offensively. TURNOVER RATE!

#750 basketballholic, Jul 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Why just focus on shooting?

Lowry is a better defender, better passer and better at avoiding turnovers.

Lin isn't a scrub though so you are right about that and Lowry isn't a star. They are probably closer than many here want to believe but they aren't as close as you pretend.

12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Lowry is consistent.

That is the difference from someone who should be riding the bench/playing heavy minutes for a contending team.

Everyone in the NBA has supreme talent. It is those that are consistently good that can be relied upon.

Lin has superior talent to Lowry IMO, but he isn't consistent. Can't routinely make routine plays and at times looks like Steve Nash which makes him a rather frustrating player to watch.

13. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Agree with everything but I don't agree with the bolded/underlined. Lin doesn't have superior talent to Lowry. I think Lowry is better, likely has a better basketball IQ, as well as he is consistent as you stated.

Lin isn't a scrub though either. Just needs to be consistent and not turn the ball over so much.

14. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Autocorrect much lol?

15. chenjy9

Supporting Member

They aren't too far apart, but IMO Lowry is still indisputably better. It's like that Annie Get Your Gun line; "Anything you can do, I can do better". That LoF was focusing only on shooting because that is the place where Lin is most comparable to Lowry.

16. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I simply do not agree with this. He has a flashier game than Lowry due to his tendency to go for home run plays, but nothing about Lin makes me feel he has superior talent. Potential maybe, but potential has a shelf life and needs to be fulfilled first. Lowry has always been the superior/smarter player as far as I have seen.

17. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

@HPbasketball: Report: Lowry weighing four-year, $44 million offer from Raptors, wants five-years, $55 million

http://t.co/d6MntxI6fJ

18. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

How old is Lowry? No way I'd guarantee 5 years on him.

19. basketballholic

5/55 is basically the same money as 4/44 from us when you consider taxes and cost of living except Kyle only has to play 4 year for it. I'm thinking we offered him 4/42 or something like that.

20. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

He is just waiting on the Rockets.