1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Rondo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 17, 2014.

1. wekko368

wekko368 Member

He feuded with Ray Allen and Doc Rivers. That should tell you everything you need to know about his locker room chemistry.

2. Remii

Remii Member

I didn't know this was a "win/lose" debate... But if that's the case _ you came with no legitimate facts or reason why Rondo wouldn't be good for the Rockets. Just your opinions. I'm not a fan of Rondo but I do not let my dislike for a player overlook the "facts" like you are doing.

3. Remii

Remii Member

He got along fine with the two biggest stars on the team. I think Ray had a problem because Rondo wasn't getting him the ball enough (which is probably why KG and Paul wasn't complaining).

I don't know what's the deal with Doc but he just got kicked out of the playoffs early again just like he use to do in Orlando.

4. meh

meh Contributing Member

Man, there's a lot of debate about a player who's very unlikely to become a Rocket. I think we should lay off whether Rondo's good for the Rockets until there's at least a framework of a rumor of a deal leaked first. Otherwise, really hard to say.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>So look for Rockets to re-enter trade game for longtime Houston target Rajon Rondo as well as try to work their way into mix for Kevin Love</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/488673449188278273">July 14, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

This would be awesome, less of a losing free agency at least. But isnt Love probably going to cleveland? or have they used up their cap already?

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

we don't have the assets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!anymore. parsons gone for nothing in return. dragic gone for nothing in return. we had to give up a 1st just to get rid of Lin.

a late lotto, a couple of euros, Clint Capella, and Dmo/Jones. That's about it. Doesn't sound all that enticing to me.

8. jackycool

jackycool Member

Not unless Morey wants the team to become the Houston Knicks.

9. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Actually, if Rondo no longer defends, sounds like he "fits" pretty well next to Harden, lol

10. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I think Rondo would be great here. And I'm not a Morey basher, but if that rumored trade for Rondo via Parsons was legit, shame on him for passing on it. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that it wasn't legit. Seeing as how Morey was unwilling to match on Parsons and how he, IMO, easily replaced him with comparable talent in Ariza.

11. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Rondo is terrible, doesn't defend, can't stay healthy and is a terrible fit next to Harden.

Do not want.

Agree we don't have the assets to land Love without Parsons.

Beverley, Harden, Ariza, Jones, Howard is as good of a starting five as last year. Jones should take a step forward, Ariza improves the perimeter D and there's more familiarity. Improve the bench.

12. FullerAggie

FullerAggie Member

If you think Rondo is "terrible" you really need to find a new sport to watch. He may lack in some areas but he is far from being a terrible player my friend.

1 person likes this.
  13. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

I like our team. Just need to improve and add depth. Someone like Ilyasova would be ideal. The bottom line is that if Harden doesn't play terrible the whole playoffs, we'd be talking about this team a lot differently. If Harden can't step up in the playoffs, then we'll never be a contender anyways. I think two stars (especially now with the Heat gone) is enough. Just need organic growth and a few moves to add to the bench/strengthen PF or PG.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I really think NO's pick, a 1st of our own, a 2nd, Parsons (had we kept him under the tiny contract), Jones, and overseas players like Lull or rookies from this year would have gotten the deal done for Love. Assuming the Cavs don't ease up on keeping Wiggins (if I'm the Cavs I'm trading Wiggins).

No way we're players for Love anymore. Unless Jones learns to rebound, play defense and grows some balls in general.

Rondo is a guy we didn't want to trade Parsons for in the first place. So adding him doesn't really make me all that excited.

15. finsraider

finsraider Member

Where did all this come from? Rondo is:

4x NBA All-Star
    4x NBA All-Defensive team (2 1st teams, 2 2nd teams)
    Elite passer
    Elite mid-range shooter (see below)

[​IMG]

He's a fine fit next to Harden. Perfect? No.......but still good enough.

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Given Rondo's %'s near the elbows, i don't understand his free throw % at all

17. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Why would the Rockets heavily pursue Kyle at the deadline?

1. Kyle is a decent 3 point shooter.
    2. Kyle can create.
    3. Kyle can finish at the rim
    4. Kyle fits their system:

I have included Rondo's 2012-13 season shot chart. This is why this Rondo to Houston thing in my eyes is pure agent speculation. I doubt the Rockets would pair Rondo up with Harden...the metrics actually prove that the Rockets hoped to nab Kyle instead. Harden and Lowry wouldve been able to work off each other without any trouble.

18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

We no longer have the assets for Rondo or Love because we traded them all away.