1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I'm okay with him going there instead of somewhere in the West or to another contender

jb86 likes this.
  2. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

So all the reports of wanting LA and NY were bogus, or those teams didn't step up to the plate?

3. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

No way a trade works where we get Johnson and give up a 1st and salary filler huh? I cant figure anything out like that in the trade machine. Maybe winslow if we want him.

Only way we can acquire Johnson is if we give up tucker or Gordon since knight cant be traded yet.

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If this report is true, then Pat Riley's been whispering sweet nothings in Jimmy's ear: "You'll be The Star. You'll get your Dough-Re-Mi. And Miami, boss, Miami."

Not that I'd complain too loudly if I were sent to Miami.

I still wonder about having three mega-max players on the Rockets (why trade away a bunch just to have James and CP3 a year from now when Jimmy leaves?). Because Jimmy Butler will want his money. The logical conclusion being we wind up with other players in a three team deal (if we're involved).

Knight can be traded, just separately. Say, send him to Sacramento's cap space (with a draft pick). Send Ben McLemore's smaller (expiring) to a third team with other players and picks. Just can't include other players to whatever team takes Knight.

DonKnock and megastahr like this.
  5. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Knight can be traded, just not in a packaged deal. He would have to be one for one.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Miami makes sense I guess. It's basically a poor man's version of Tomball.

everyday eddie, Pat, JuNx and 4 others like this.
  7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm happy with him going to MIA b/c that won't affect our win total in any way like it could have if he joined LAL, OKC, TOR, etc

but if this is true then @Nook has been spot on about him all along w/ the "Hollywood" nickname and the fact that the problem for him in Minny has really been the venue and not the roster

malakas, DonKnock and Vivi like this.
  8. finsraider

finsraider Member

I never really bought the Clippers, Knicks or Nets. That sounded like positioning for something else.

And because of that, I don't really buy Miami either. They may very well be on his list, but I seriously doubt that gives them a leg up in negotiations.

rhee and hakeem94 like this.
  9. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I still don't see how Miami can get a deal done. Minnesota has no obligation to honor Jimmy's request.

10. j@amc

j@amc Member

If Butler goes to Miami, they have to move some combination of forwards or guards. Securing either Johnson or Winslow would be positive though it's a hard decision to part with Gordon.

DonKnock likes this.
  11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If Jimmy Butler wanted to be a Rocket he wouldn't tell the Wolves that's his preferred destination because of leverage.

Telling them the Heat is where he'd like to go is just a way to raise the value of Eric Gordon because the Heat don't have a player to trade with the same talent as Gordon. The heat won't trade Dragic and the Wolves won't want Whiteside. This could all just be a leverage play by Butler to force the Wolves to deal with Houston via reverse psychology. The Rockets are in excellent position here.

signed,

Someone very high somewhere.

12. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Well Melo preferred Hou last summer.

The wolves are not obligated to trade him to Miami.

JB doesn’t have no trade clause.

Also it gives Miami added leverage not to include Josh Richardson in any deal.

I don’t know, I’m not convinced Minny will send him there.

jb86 and DonKnock like this.
  13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I would be glad to see Jimmy go East.

mikol13, jch1911 and daywalker02 like this.
  14. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Damn @The Cat , you gonna let him keep calling you out like that?

BigMaloe, joshuaao and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  15. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Typical ESPN large market pandering for clicks

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I said Miami on day 1. I can tell you that 100% that people who are close to Miami were under the impression he wanted to be there.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, Miami as today might be a worse team than Minnesota, coached better, better organization...but still, if he wants to be there it's all about being the alfa in a big market cause the Heat are not going to win **** anyway and they won't be able to get other stars after they trade for him.

18. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Anyway it goes down... IF it goes down with Miami... I would love if the Rox got in on the deal and came away with some combination of Justice Winslow and / or James Johnson and / or Tyus Jones.

If we got 2 of those 3, it would give Morey the EOY again. So he would go B2B ;)

Y2JT, luckyman76, joshuaao and 2 others like this.
  19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

That's what he wants people to think.

Remember when he called out the media about the meeting that was said to be on one day but it wasn't?

[​IMG]

#1659 REEKO_HTOWN, Sep 26, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    justtxyank likes this.
  20. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Don't listen to people citing Chris Sheridan. Dude reports that a 4 team trade to the Heat is imminent (lol) then follows that up by posting "proof" of Jimmy in the Miami airport. But Chicago locals are saying this is in O'Hare and Miami locals are saying the Jamba Juice in their airport doesn't look like this.

He's getting roasted in the replies.

malakas, yixiixiy, saleem and 3 others like this.