1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

supposedly they been trying to trade Wiggins but no takers

2. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

The idea was to move Wiggins and give Butler the max, or at least that's what Butler thought when he got to Minny.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

I agree regarding Wiggins and the Kings, but looking at it from Minny's side, that still leaves Butler and KAT wearing the same uniform.

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

And the same girl.

Ba da bum TSH! (high hat)

5. clos4life

clos4life Member

Now I understand why he wants to go to Miami with Wade!

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

"Rebound the ball KAT"......probably

Vivi likes this.
  7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I feel the most important thing to Jimmy Butler is being respected. I think he doesn't really want to leave
    the Wolves at all, as long as the owner, management and the players, back him as the leader of the team, because he doesn't feel that he has done anything wrong.

I believe he wants changes in personnel who will be willing to play under him.

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

#9048 Deuce, Nov 8, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    BigMaloe, hakeem94 and Vivi like this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

So far Richardson has been really good, of course he's not as good as Butler, but considering his age and contract, i really think Miami shouldn't trade him.

10. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Wiggins is really the one thing that could get Minny where they want to go. If you combine Sac's cap space and their expirings to take Wiggins you get something like this where Minny could get 4 1s. ESPN was screwed up so I would sub Chriss for Nene and the numbers work with preserved roster spots.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycpmn9xw

11. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

That's why I've been wondering why Minni hasn't toyed with the idea of trading KAT. It wouldn't be MY first choice because I'm a massive fan, but if you could get someone like Ayton and Bridges from the Sun's (we know Booker wants to play with KAT) then they should go for it.
    Even if that means Butler still leaves there's a solid 1-2 punch to restart a build around.

12. rockets13champs

13. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

You lied!

DonKnock likes this.
  14. TheSource

TheSource Member

We clearly have made the best offer Minny is just holding out to
    its not 5:45 yet :cool:

15. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

No offense to OP -- none at all -- but has this been one of the most useless 450-page threads in recent memory? I think so. :(

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"Maybe if I didn't suffer from general soreness from time to time, we'd have won more games. Then again, what's all this 'we' s***? Get me out of here."

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

"Jimmy Butler frustrated with the Wolves" ...he is from like 5 months and he's still there...maybe for 5 more months :D:confused::rolleyes:

DonKnock likes this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

Jimmy Butler doesn't give a **** if KAT and company are 4-8.

20. aroundtheblock2

No ****, and the Wolves FO still gives ZERO fricks and will still continue to idiotically believe they can somehow hold on to him. No playoff team is going to sacrifice key roster spots for half of a season of Jimmy. I seriously think the Wolves are hurting themselves by demanding any immediate help in return.
    There's no chance they beat the Warriors, none at all yet they demand a return of players that can help them win now anyways? THEN after that they want other teams to take on the HORRID contract of Gorgui Dieng? What a joke of an organization.
    They'll be 8-16 by the time they start to realize they aren't going to get the deal they think they deserve. Why is it that the Rockets always end up trying to make deals with the most stubborn teams? Its always a historically trash organization with a weird fetish for coming off hard to get. First it was the Knicks last season, now its the Wolves this season.

I see some darkhorse coming out of the woodwork to swoop up Jimmy, but I doubt Minnesota gets the return they believe they're entitled. Some eastern conference team will give a lesser deal than the Rockets and the Wolves will jump on it. The Heat seem like the right team and the Heat are still going to hover around .500, end up a 6 seed and get ousted in the first or second round of the playoffs.​

amaru likes this.