1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Cyber is on fire right now:eek:

D-rock, Richie_Rich, BamBam and 2 others like this.
  2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

That's good to know!

And you didn't mention the Lakers not giving up Ingram, so we know that's a plus. So that means LA may have the upper hand if they're willing to give up Lonzo or Kuzma (doubtful on him though, too versatile and valuable).

DonKnock likes this.
  3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Yea they hit the jackpot with Tatum. It makes more sense to trade any and everyone not named Tatum to get the Brow.

DonKnock and saleem like this.
  4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If he wants out I don't think it will really be about hopping on with Houston, it will be about branding.

D-rock likes this.
  5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Glad to see you trusting cyberx' word that he might "actually know something behind the scenes." Your hypocrisy is adorable. :p

I did address what you pointed out, at least I did to justtxyank. You two pointed out (if not proved) that Codman's CBA knowledge (or Laker's salary awareness) is lacking.

Did you mean I didn't address this question quoted ^^^^? I viewed it as rhetorical. I don't speculate, so my answer would be what we were discussing -- Codman's "offer."

Thus (prior to cyberx nuking the idea with the Lakers are saving assets for AD), I naturally asked when you think Lakers would address such interest, because Morey is on record saying he discusses such things well before they are legal to occur -- "he's a machine." I mean, Morey would already have laid out the framework of an AD deal with NOLA, if he were Magic/Pelinka...despite none of those required expirings being available until Dec 15th.

Do you honestly believe LAL hasn't offered something for AD, yet, if Boston already has? That's a rhetorical question: no need to answer. :cool:

D-rock and mockster like this.
  6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

LOOOOOL, did you edit Howard into the trashcan or was that from somewhere else?

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, i wasn't exactly serious to begin with ;) but i mean, assuming the Lakers would be ok in giving away basically all the team (which i'm not even sure it's possible btw), the package would probably be something like Ingram, Kuzma, Hart and pick/s with Pope or Rondo to match Davis contract. If that's the case i think it's fair to say we can't compete. But if they can't or don't want to literally trade everyone aside for Lonzo well, i'm not necessarily sure Ingram, Kuzma and/or Hart with pick/s is necessarily better than Capela, Gordon, picks and whatever we would be able to throw in.

Celtics btw have obviously the best and most assets here, Tatum, Brown, Kings 1st, Memphis and Clippers 1s rounders...not even close imo, if Ainge wants Davis he'll get him, and personally, i have no reason to believe he's going to be cautious here, Horford is getting old and expiring, they'll need a big man, and we're talking about Anthony Davis, pretty sure Ainge basically racked up asset for years just to get him...

D-rock, hakeem94 and DonKnock like this.
  8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Right?

@Ziggy @Zboy

[​IMG]

9. malakas

malakas Member

He doesn't say all the right things.
    In his latest interview with Nichols he pretty much said he is leaving.

D-rock, Nook, DonKnock and 3 others like this.
  10. htownballa1622

Side note. If Celtics wouldn't give up Tatum to get Brow, they're a bunch of idiots.

Little Bit, hakeem94 and saleem like this.
  11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Lebron will have the edge if LAL has a solid to great season, I believe. If the Pelicans can create cap room for another star to pair up with AD, I think he might stay in NO.

12. justtxyank

Rockets better win a title. Two years from now it's all over. I don't know why I do this to myself. League is so broken. No other sport do star players do this.

Little Bit likes this.
  13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This is why I had zero idea why tons of people on this website wrote off the Lakers as a Lebron destination. They were always the likeliest spot, they were the most widely reported destination, and they were almost guaranteed to land other stars with Lebron there. For some reason Bobby and Holic convinced half the people on here to think otherwise.

GermanRoxFan and justtxyank like this.
  14. justtxyank

It was crazy how many people kept dismissing it and calling people stupid for saying it was even a possibility.

GermanRoxFan likes this.
  15. cyberx

cyberx Member

I believe that the Lakers will give up BI in a deal with Davis. Gotta give to receive.

16. mockster

mockster Member

Cringe....

17. HP3

HP3 Member

But as has been previously said, Star players dont want to play with Lebron cause they dont want to be overshadowed by him. In fact Davis already thinks hes better than Lebron right now.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. bawanyh

bawanyh Member

wow this thread started as eyes on JB and now it has eyes on AD

Easy, hakeem94 and DonKnock like this.
  19. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

“Gotta give to receive” - that’s what she said

Bobsputin and amaru like this.
  20. justtxyank

Star players want to play in big markets.