1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I appreciate you seeing my point and addressing the facts, despite not agreeing with said “tone”

2. malakas

malakas Member

really?
    I didn't know that. I know that the Knicks fans are excited about it but I hadn't heard about LA.

3. CXbby

CXbby Member

Lebron will get 100% of the credit for any success, and his teammates(or lack thereof) will get the blame for any failure. Must be frustrating for any co-star who has any ego or wants to make a name for himself.

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Team does well=Lebron is the best player ever and he basically coaches the team
    Team struggles=role players just not doing enough and the coach is stupid

It's tough. Like I said, for shooters he's a dream to play with just like Harden. There's no questioning that. But anyone who wants to do anything with the ball has to feel a little pinched playing with him. Bosh said as much. Getting barked at in practice for asking for the ball in "his spot", etc.

#6744 justtxyank, Oct 16, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    jch1911 and malakas like this.
  5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

One good example here is while that chase down block by LeBron on Iggy was crazy good, people don't bring up (or I guess give more credit) it was Kyrie's cold blooded 3 pointer that gave the Cavs the lead and Kevin Love playing the best defense of his life against Curry to seal the championship.

jch1911 and malakas like this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

I still haven't heard of anything being different on Butler as far as offers or values.

I don't see how anyone can think it is crazy that Durant would leave GS. He is obviously not conventional and sees things differently than most people. I would not be at all shocked if Durant ends up in LA or else where.

As a side note about Butler and James. I have never heard Butler say anything negative about LeBron James. However, I do know that Butler thinks he can be the center piece on a championship team in a top market. The reality is that anyone that teams with James is going to have to mold their game around LeBron James. We saw it with Love, Kyrie and others. It is just the reality.

D-rock, Richie_Rich, eric.81 and 7 others like this.
  7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Damn, that's some premium content right there! Rockets close to parts.....Butler doesn't want to play with LeBron (neither did George? Kawhi? oooh boy). And Butler hating the Warriors is choice. Ennis also hated them. Love that.

I keep wondering about Chriss. And his "mysterious ankle injury." He hasn't played since that Pacers debacle. Maybe I am reading too much into it, but it feels like they are just hiding his atrocious play so they can move him as fast as they can.

Get well Cod!!!!!!! :):cool:

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Of course they are, because that’s the only way it works. Why is @Codman news so hard to fathom? It doesn’t mean Minny would value it over quicker trades. It doesn’t mean they have a chance.

The LAL news is merely trying to see if Thibs is serious about waiting.

Lakers reaching out to Thibs to ask him if he’s serious about waiting — which is the only option the Lakers have to make — is not close to the same as saying Morey is doing that, in a situation where he has no need to wait...for a scrub, much less, and involving a 3rd team in such Dec 15th delay, and announcing that was going to happen last week.

I don’t see why saying Lakers have expressed interest in Butler (which would require waiting) is fabricated. Cod didn’t say timeframe, just that they are trying to get into the game.

Richie_Rich, Deuce, Vivi and 4 others like this.
  9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Exactly. Cod heard something, but might not necessarily know the contracts the Lakers have now; and in any case, Caldwell-Pope and Rondo can be thrown in on December 15th. IF the Wolves organization can play the role of Michael Jackson in the "Beat It" video, keeping the two sides from going at each other (don't know about the dancing, though).

No time frame was mentioned.

DonKnock, malakas and heypartner like this.
  10. justtxyank

Well he didn't say the December 15th think and when the other guy said they couldn't include any vets until December 15th he said they would use a 3rd team to make it work.

Zoplicone likes this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This is spot on accurate. LeBron knew what he was doing in terms of "controlling the #Narrative" by going to LA. Sure, his family loves LA and he is closer to his businesses 24/7. Nice perks.

BUT.....if LeBron can't play for a championship.....the next best thing is he can "win the media #Narrative game" with his LA stint.

GSW is on the verge of being a 3-peat champion with a legendary roster. The media doesn't GAF about that. They are focusing on LeBron. Think about that for a second.

The NBA 2018-2019 season - is TEFLON LEBRON season!
    (we saw a glimpse of this last year with LeBron and the Cleveland bum roster)

12. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I’m really going to get flamed for this, haha, but to be fair he said they “offered”, and an offer in the NBA does not insinuate waiting a couple of months. Is it possible? Yeah I guess you win that argument because a Ryan Anderson for Otto Porter is also “possible” because it doesn’t break any rules (@steddinotayto :) trying to lighten the mood)

In this league though no teams make offers like that. Think about it. Injuries. The performance of players and teams. And also, negotiating! You wouldn’t tell Magic “yeah we’d take a Lonzo and a Beasley down the road if we don’t make a deal now”

13. hibbetts

hibbetts Member

T H I S ! ! !

DonKnock and jch1911 like this.
  14. justtxyank

Yeah it's brilliant.

Deuce and DonKnock like this.
  15. steddinotayto

A lot of people are going to be shocked at how Morey is going to pull off an Otto Porter acquisition using Ryan Anderson even though he's in Phoenix. Durrell is a wizard. #OPMliveson

justtxyank and malakas like this.
  16. steddinotayto

LeBron's genius is astounding at times.

Deuce likes this.
  17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I know. I just noticed in your sig about Otto Porter before quoting me. And there was an idea on clutchfans before Ryno was traded that we could get Otto Porter for him, which I found hilarious

18. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I know so many Kobe stans that are now super confused on who to hate.

Deuce and hakeem94 like this.
  19. steddinotayto

You and I went back and forth on that with you "sonning" me at one point. I wasn't 100% serious back then and I'm not 100% serious now but I guess I'll wait for you to confirm whether or not I should believe in my own thoughts.

Feigen: rockets pursuing James Ennis, decision by Wednesday

justtxyank likes this.
  20. malakas

malakas Member

@Codman and everyone, smth to make u smile for today the start of the season =)