1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    WEST FINALS GAME 4 -- can the TWolves avoid being swept? Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Ryris

Ryris Member

Is tucker really a dealbreaker for jimmy buckets for y’all? Lol trade anyone not named cp3 Capela harden... gives us a shot at a championship this year and someone to guard kd... he will resign to play hometown and with friend James harden warriors have to resign Their whole roster next year and that will make rox favorites

Cp3 is on his way out i think his game will age well, but a core of jimmy b harden and Capel a is still enough to remain competitive in the waning years of cp3s big contract and plenty enough talent to recruit other pieces

Bet the house double down geter dun maurie

2. CALI_MOST_WANTD

That deal is even worse

HTown_TMac, napalm06 and mikol13 like this.
  3. thekad

thekad Member

EG + Tucker and a first for Butler is a steal if Morey has a reasonable expectation he’ll re-sign.

But I would try to keep Tucker and swap Knight, Qi and another first for Dieng and Tyus Jones who also wants out of Minny.

Unfortunately most teams can beat that deal so it just depends on Thibs and Butler’s preferences, respectively.

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

If Morey trades Tucker and EG for Butler... truth is we are a better team.

Hui, SWTsig, Red Chocolate and 4 others like this.
  5. CALI_MOST_WANTD

KD isn't the only guy on the Warriors that needs to be defended. Also what about when Butlet not on the floor for any reason. More is always better. I rather have Tucker too. Would been better to still have Ariza too and maybe Luc. We already lost to much from defense this year. Including a coach.

tycoonchip and HP3 like this.
  6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

James Ennis, Bruno Cabloco, MCW........

tycoonchip and CapelaOnlyFan like this.
  7. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Minnesota isn’t going to sit at the table

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

get a 3rd star in Butler and then figure the rest out later...it’s far easier to obtain another defensive role player or 2 than it is to obtain a star

Morey is good at bringing in role players...he even finds them just chilling on their couch like Gerald Green

Deuce, Y2JT, Voltik and 5 others like this.
  9. Game7

Game7 Member

Interesting. Butler would bring a lot to the table. PJ and Ego account for more minutes than he can fill, but it could be a worthwhile experiment. I am mostly worried he won’t stick around. That’s a lot to give up for a rental.

10. HP3

HP3 Member

Brun Cabloco...MCW , come on man, bad argument.

clutchdabear and Why not? like this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

Man, I know you dont believe PJ and EG are just run of the mill role players, both of them are significantly above average role players that bring something to the team. Trading Butler for both of them is a lateral move. We need to keep one if you really wanna compete.

hakeem94 and clutchdabear like this.
  12. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I disagree. Butler is a flight risk for any team that trades for him. Butler himself, Paul George, Cousins, Kawhi, etc. have all been had for much lower than the expected asking price. For what Gordon and Tucker mean to this squad, I can’t imagine that sort of package being discussed.

hakeem94, Richie_Rich, jcf and 3 others like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

Jimmy Butler is a star/top 15 player who was 4th in RPM last year and 2nd Team All-Defense...he is a consistent 20+ ppg scorer who can efficiently create for himself and does a good job creating for others

I’m not worried about losing someone like Gordon for him at all...it would hurt to lose Tucker, and I hope he wouldn’t have to be included, but at the end of the day, another versatile defensive player can be found

there’s no way I’m saying no to Jimmy Butler because of PJ Tucker as much as I love him...this is like trippin over losing Bev for CP3...Morey is very good at finding role players

some of y’all are underrating just how impactful Jimmy Butler is

IvanLCPM, Deuce, Y2JT and 9 others like this.
  14. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Well, you’re here posting in a thread about the seating chart for the table. Let’s see how it all plays out :)

Retaining all draft picks in Operation RynoDump is the reason conversations like this are even possible in the first place. However unlikely they might be.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Wolves go from lotto team to playoff team immediately after adding Butler, and they would’ve been the 3rd seed in the West easily if he had not gotten hurt

16. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Emotionally, it would kinda suck losing EGod and Tucker especially if it’s Bulter on a 1-year deal, officially (though a wink-wink deal a la CP3 would probably be on the table from day 1)

EGod was huge for us when CP3/Harden were out or resting and Tucker definitely won us a fair amount of games with his toughness and offensive rebounding in close games. Both were huge for us in the playoffs and are major contributors in a matchup against the Warriors.

If the Wolves bite on this Butler trade, we have to pull the trigger on him. He’s definitely type of player this team has desired in the past and would fit in amazingly with the core of Harden/CP3/Capela.

Love Gordon but his value is really at its highest right now, especially for a team that needs shooting and wants him under team control for another couple of years. Tucker is not getting younger either and though he is an ironman, sooner rather than later his effectiveness will fade.

If Morey is truly ready to pull a trigger on this deal then it might better explain the B. Knight trade. Morey must be pretty confident Knight can be somewhat of a Gordon replacement, citing that he’s a near-elite 3-point shooter. If Knight can return from his injury then he definitely has the talent to be an outstanding 6th man.

The thing about losing Tucker is that he is our small ball 5. Some of our best lineups were with him at the 5, and there really isn't a ready-to-go replacement on the roster for that position if we do lose Tucker. Maybe Chriss is the plan or they hope that Bruno or another young guy is ready for some time. Its strange to think that if both Gordon and Tucker get traded that Tucker is arguably the most important piece for us to lose since we don't have replacement at the helm like we do with Knight for Gordon, theoretically.

Also, if we can somehow keep Tucker, I can't be the only one drooling at the thought of any lineup that has Paul, Butler and Tucker in it. The other team would be quivering in their shoes at facing those tough guys.

The thing about Morey is that he knows how to find value pick ups to surround his premier players. Last offseason is a prime example. Everyone was down on our depth after trading away so many players in the CP3 deal but within that same offseason, Morey was able to make our team even deeper than it was before the CP3 trade.

So even if we do have to lose both Gordon and Tucker in a Butler trade, I have a lot of faith Morey will find a way to fill those minutes with good production if he hasn't already. We still have the MLE, Knight and Chriss' contracts if they don't work out, etc. to fill out the roster.

IvanLCPM, Y2JT, RocketFan and 3 others like this.
  17. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Sura was loved.
    Hayes was loved.
    Delfino was loved.
    Bev was loved.
    LMAM was loved.
    Etc...
    Etc...

Role players constantly get loved. They are also constantly and easily replaced.

Tucker is loved.
    Ego is loved.

Bye ....

Why some of you don't understand the value of elite top tier talent is beyond me.

Morey does ego/tuck/1st 10x out of 10.

#397 BigMaloe, Sep 18, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    Deuce, heypartner, RocketFan and 6 others like this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

give me the problem of finding another loveable role player over finding a player as good or as impactful as Jimmy Butler

stack up on stars and worry about finding a role player or 2 later

RocketFan, hakeem94, DonKnock and 2 others like this.
  19. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Ennis is going to be the new love child around here, I can slay guarantee it.

Gerald green gets even more love.

Still have taxpayer mle for buyouts in what appears a huge buyout market.

Depth is the last thing im worried about.

hakeem94, DonKnock and Reeko like this.
  20. BackdoorHarden

It's happening!!!!!!!!!!! Joe Chee, 3 first round pick, Brandon Knight, Chriss, and salary cap filler for Jimmy

Remember, we haven't introduce Knight or Chriss, so they are trade baits right now and will only be on the team if the Rockets can't trade those 2 stiffs

Hui likes this.