1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

So that’s as far as we’ve come in programming AI to laugh? Interesting.

2. BigBum

BigBum Member

Without 3rd team offer top prospects, we have zero chance to get Butler

asking price is too high
    cap release - we can take Dieng contract
    Vet - we have Gordon
    future assets - we can give them 2 first round picks
    Top Prospects - we don't have

luckyman76 and amaru like this.
  3. bawanyh

bawanyh Member

I thought the deal was getting done by midnight last night?

DonKnock likes this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

[​IMG]

I welcome our robot overlords.

BigM and JuNx like this.
  5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

@cyberx

if Rockets still have eyes on Jimmy and haven't stopped, how are they keeping their eyes open?

[​IMG]

luckyman76, DonKnock and amaru like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

The Clips have had winning teams for years now and have the highly respected Jerry West. Say what u want about Doc, but he is highly respected as well. The Clippers aren’t some terrible organization.

All 3 teams are on his list because they can bring in another star and might be willing to give him 5/190. It’s clear that he’s open to other teams as well.

CP3, Jimmy, and Tuck...I love that level of toughness on 1 squad

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

It would be funny if Morey couldn't get Butler...... if he found away to get into a 3 team deal and get back James Johnson (via Brandon Knight) and Tyus Jones (via Trade Exception).

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

the Wolves aren’t getting all 4...Thibs needs to put down the Vodka and get real

9. bawanyh

bawanyh Member

what if it drags into the season. that will be funny

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I would welcome both of them.

But we don't really need a 4th guard that badly. Would be nice, but we need a back up to CC more than a 4th guard.

11. BigBum

BigBum Member

Heat are not offering James Johnson for Butler, they are unlikely to offer him for Knight. I don't want Knight. I don't think he can outplay his contract (Morey says yes?).

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

We don't know what the Heat are or are not offering. But my guess is James Johnson is available.

luckyman76, DonKnock and craguin like this.
  13. tc0330

tc0330 Member

if i'm reading all these recent Butler reports right.. seems like they're all pointing to Rockets being the front runners right now (not confirmed just opinion)

BigMaloe and RocketsFanBrian like this.
  14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Kings hoping they can get Winslow or Richardson as the 3rd team facilitator? LOL

Why not? and craguin like this.
  15. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I said he would have been better off with a D’antoni rather than a Thibs. But I take that back now. I think it really comes down to how much better he could have been if he played with a talent like Harden. James really doesn’t get enough credit to how much he elevated his teammates’ games.

luckyman76 likes this.
  16. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I DEMAND TO KNOW YOUR SOURCES?!?!???

tc0330 and RocketsFanBrian like this.
  17. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'm not saying the Clips are trash... but would they even be a top 10 consideration for someone who is 'so focused on winning' that he's willing to be a total douche about it all? Then there's the Knicks and the Nets...?

I gotta believe most any team that gives up assets to get him are gonna be willing to give him his 5/190 next year... in most cases, thats the whole reason you would trade for him - so you can get his Bird rights and circumvent the cap to keep him - as we did with CP3...

is it about 'bringing in another star' - or bringing in his buddy Kyrie? I gotta believe most teams would make the moves necessary to sign Kyrie if he came a knockin... you'd drop assets, hold off signing JB, sign Kyrie, then blow away the cap by then re-signing JB via his Bird rights...

Like i say, bro... this dude has many better landing spots - if his goal is to win... thats why I think its lip service... He wants his money (which he's gonna get regardless), he wants to be the undisputed main guy and he wants to bring his buddy Kyrie along - those are the real priorities, based on how I'm reading things... and somewhere after those points is the actual desire to win...

I understand his level of ability and it's a very attractive option... but I'd rather not let a diva in the hen house - esp one that has no ties beyond this year... If we give up EGo and PJ and then JB walks - we're totally screwed... its nothing but mle's and min contracts for the next 3 years - and we aint gonna pull an EGo or PJ for those options...

Our time is now and I believe we have a roster that can win it all... are we willing to risk that by giving up EGo and PJ for a guy that may be a malcontent and waste another year of Harden and CP3 - only to leave us mortally wounded the years after?

Melo's list from last year (Hou, Cleve - with Bron, OKC) - thats somebody that wants to win...
    Knicks, Clips and nets... not so much... lol
    jus sayin....

#2017 kjayp, Sep 27, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  18. amaru

amaru Member

Might be a bit of rose colored glasses, but I do agree that the longer this goes on the better Morey's odds become.

tc0330, Why not? and DonKnock like this.
  19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I can see Butler getting frustrated because he wants something done, but he did wait a while to address all this with management (or, it took awhile for it to go public, with the team not wanting to act on it). As far as the holdup, there is a real possibility that you could wind up with a multi-team trade; and Minnesota has to squeeze what they can out of the situation. AND the coach and owner are not on the same page.

Lawd, get this over with, one way or 't'other. Please.

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Try to keep up with the original conversation. You are not coming off as too bright right now.

Butler isnt the question mark. Melo is.

Read the original post that I responded to where it said having Melo in the starting lineup was enough to beat the Warriors.

And you are deluded if you think Melo is a star or even capable of holding up against the Warriors in a seven game series while we lose Tucker and Gordon lol.