1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Nick Young was offered for a 2nd rounder: Morey denied

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 9, 2016.

1. craguin

craguin Member

Hanging out in New Orleans during All-Star weekend...

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

In hindsight, the trade should have been made. Adding one of James' boys plus added offense (and surprisingly defense) off the bench. Especially if it meant that Young would have kept Bobby Brown off the roster.

3. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

It was a bad move by Morey to not take N. Young then for a 2nd. He probably still wouldn't do it, and I don't agree.

Surely the Lakers want to move N. Young and/or L. Willams before the deadline, they have nothing going and need to continue to lose. We shoud be willing to give a 2nd rounder for either of those guys to come off our bench along with salary filler. But I bet Morey hasn't even made the call back to them. :( Hope I'm wrong.

4. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Chess, right? Patience.....

roslolian, yixiixiy, mikol13 and 2 others like this.
  5. FANfrom86toNow

Trying to be. I always try to give Morey the benefit of the doubt. But I really wish we would have taken N. Young, not traded Beasley for Ennis, and gotten rid of Brewer some how, preferably using an overseas stash like Llul.

That being said, I want us to do more than some basic move for a player that isn't really going to contribute and make us stronger THIS YEAR. Harden is having a MVP season, and you never know how next year will go no matter what. I don't want to sell the future for now, because I do understand that no matter what move we make, we will still not be favored over the Warriors and Cavs....but I want us to also give it a shot that still keeps the future in mind as well.

BigMaloe likes this.
  6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

After Dwight, Josh Smith and Ty Lawson, I think culture is going to be much more in the equation going forward.

roslolian likes this.
  7. Houston09

Houston09 Member

Could mean there is a bigger deal on the table that may take both the 2nd picks

roslolian and AroundTheWorld like this.
  8. FANfrom86toNow

You make some very valid and great points considering what has happened on those fronts and the trades made and not made based on talent alone. I can't argue with those facts...no alternative facts here.

RudyTBag likes this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

10. Mr Chuck Norris

Swaggy P would be our starter right now with bev out. We can always count on bev to miss time. And swaggy would've filled that role we always give to brewer for some ****ing reason.

11. FANfrom86toNow

If we had Swaggy P, I would hope that MDA finally wises up and starts Gordon. Sewer needs to be traded by Morey at all costs just so MDA will NEVER have an opportunity to play him again...even if it costs a 1st. At this point, I wouldn't even care, just get him off this team!

Mr Chuck Norris likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Splash is the starter if Bev is out. Nick Young would be behind Harden-Gordon-Beverley.

Mr Chuck Norris likes this.
  13. Mr Chuck Norris

Either way. Swaggy would've been a tremendous fit, starter or bench. 6'6" shooter with decent enough defense next to harden is nice to me. But I agree EGO would start. Still though, its a move that should have been made, and I still hope it will.

D-rock, FANfrom86toNow and DonKnock like this.
  14. hooroo

hooroo Member

mchale never wanted him. he wanted to draft a C with that pick.

15. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Nick can be had...he's popular in LA, but he's not really part of their youth movement. There are still some hard feelings on that roster apparently.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Morey going all matrix with the bullet dodging.

17. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

We should move on this. Warriors will no longer have a cakewalk through round one if the Pels wind up 8th and Brewer's slashing would be even more considerably less effective against that front court should the Pels finish 7th.

Get this guy in here Morey, him and Harden are clearly on better terms than he and his current PG!!

BigShasta likes this.
  18. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Go to the 4 minute mark of that video.

No one wanted him EXCEPT Mcfail.

19. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

He's been mentioned on this board quite a bit. Quite frankly, I'm surprised he hasn't been move from LaLa land by now.

SwaggyP gives you immediate scoring, but he also gives you an IMMEDIATE HEADACHE. The guy definitely has talent and has become the "4-point-threat," but he may have one of the lowest basketball IQs in the league (Royce White wins this award if he were playing...)

With the understandable resentment towards D'Angelo Russell, I've heard that while it's better in there, the Lakers' locker room hasn't been the same. Guys have tried to say that they've moved past it all, but other guys have said differently. (When your marriage is on the rocks already, and your "friend" goes out of his way to drown a potential marriage in bleach, that friendship is over.)

How about Brandon Ingram instead of Nick? He's going to be an amazing player. I'm already a big fan.

D-rock and DonKnock like this.
  20. FANfrom86toNow

Would the Laker's even consider moving Ingram?

I would be estatic with Young. Him knowing and being cool with Harden, I think that calms him down. Also, if I was him, I couldn't be cool with Russell ever again either. I would really love Young more so because I would hope that him being on the 2nd Unit would mean that Bev has to move to the second unit with him and EGo gets the starters nod from here on out. I'm not confident MDA would see it that way, but that would make the most sense in my world view.