1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Nick Young was offered for a 2nd rounder: Morey denied

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

You got no idea man, do some research and get to know his story. People change. One of the friendliest guys around the league, balling his ass off this season.
    Who said he'd be backing up Ariza?

Richie_Rich and DonKnock like this.
  2. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

You can NEVER have enough shooters.

Young is a better defender at this point than Ariza. It would be good to find some more depth and allow Ariza to get more rest, which in turn would hopefully help his game on both ends of the court.

BigMaloe, Richie_Rich and DonKnock like this.
  3. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Maybe you should be a Spurs fan then:)

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

I do know his story. Telling someone to do research is just a crap defense to show you have nothing to say.

If Nick Young was all that **** how come Morey declined the trade for a 2nd rounder for him and prioritized Lou Williams? Do you know better than Daryl Morey and the entire Rocket FO, people who do this for a job? If he was that amazing and will start over Ariza you'd think they'd be all over this trade.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Maybe you don't want the Rockets to reach success, since apparently you want them to fill the roster with malcontents. What are you, a hater? :)

6. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Then if you do, you would know he's not as big of an ass as popular theory would let on. Pretty sure he could beat Kobe 1 v 1 btw.

Come on - really? It's not black and white always, Morey could and may well be holding out for a better deal that fits a greater need. Get off your high horse, I'm not looking to make a fuss. Seems like you've got an issue with Young for whatever reason which is fine, but it's important to note this dude is not the same player from years past. He's legitimately competing hard every game, he has been a terrific teammate, he has been a revelation under Walton.

At the beginning of the season/offseason no one would know that Young would become what he has this season, which is why Morey wouldn't have made this deal the first time around. I fully expect another deal to take place which addresses rebounding, but if for whatever reason that doesn't eventuate, you could do a lot worse than a 2nd for Nick Young. That's a great deal. I and many others would welcome it.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm not saying he's an ass I'm just saying he might not like sitting behind Ariza which might affect the team. I don't really have a beef with Young but maybe he needs more than half a season of good behavior before you can say he's changed. All of his good behavior has been under Walton, and he's been getting almost 30 mins a night, will he be as happy and play as hard at 15 mins a night under MDA? We don't know if MDA is as good at managing difficult personalities,all we know is he's had issues with Dwight and Melo, two guys who are hard to manage so if Swaggy P raises a fuss I wouldn't bet on MDA being able to handle him. Btw Ariza will 100% start over Swaggy P. MDA gives mins to players he is already familiar with over unknown guys, that's why KJ is in the doghouse behind Brewer even if Brewer has been playing horribly.

You're right you can definitely do worse than 2nd round pick for Young. But just because you can do worse doesn't mean its a good reason to do the trade, we already lost our 1st round pick and given Morey's ability to get 2nd round talent I would favor just keeping the pick or bundle it for a roster upgrade.

8. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

A hater of people who don't believe in second chances:)

Mr Chuck Norris and Cashmoney like this.
  9. Chamillionaire

We do need someone to play behind Ariza. @roslolian has a good point, Swaggy might not like getting only 15 minutes per night. Only so many minutes to go around. Since we have Lou, the only minutes remaining are those behind Ariza.

10. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Calling a dude a malcontent, and egotistical is essentially the same as an ass imo. There's no denying he's had his problems in the past but I think the whole Iggy saga really opened his eyes, he realised how close he was to being out of the league and how far he'd fallen from his original perspective. That's just my take. Seems like a legitimate change to me, he's still lighthearted off the court and is a bit of a 'joker' but he's embraced his second chance.

Seeing as Brewer was consistently getting 20-25 minutes a night for stretches at a time, there will be zero issues finding a similar amount for Young. Pretty sure the dude wants to win a championship (most players do) and win. If he would voice his disapproval in a slight reduction in minutes or didn't want to come off the bench (which wouldn't happen), then we don't make the trade. You do your due diligence and make sure it's going to work for both parties.

Mentioning KJ and Young in the same sentence is blasphemy. I got the point you were making: but Young has played for D'Antoni before (in a horrible situation). Young shoots 41% from three. You really think D'Antoni will have an issue finding 25 minutes a night for him? I have really liked what I have seen from Dekker this season but his shot still needs work. If in the event we didn't acquire another big, D'Antoni could shave a few minutes off Dekker and slide him to the 4 next to Young when the bench unit gets to work.

Mr Chuck Norris likes this.
  11. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

Can't believe Morie didn't do it, he was on fire tonight against us

daywalker02 likes this.
  12. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Hopefully now Nick will get upset when iggy comes back and the other 76 all stars on that team start wanting more shots and Nick thinks he is the real stroker in the squad. It's all part of Moreys master plan

TMac'n, BigggReddd and malakas like this.
  13. Zergling

Zergling Member

Forget Swaggy P. Despite all the threes he made, he was a -10 in the game. He got LIT UP by Gordon and whoever else he was trying to guard.

We don't need another Lou Williams. We needed to get tougher and better defensively, which is why we got Tucker and Mbah a Moute.

Swaggy P was not a good signing for the Warriors because they are much worse defensively when he's on the court. He does literally nothing other than chucking shots. He had 2 rebounds, 0 assists, 0 steals, and 0 blocks. For him to play 26 minutes and not record an assist is very surprising for a team that assists on most of their FGs.

The Warriors thought they were being cute by signing him since on paper adding him is sexy. It will end up hurting them especially in the playoffs.

14. malakas

malakas Member

can't believe?
    Why should Morey have traded positive value for a player on a bad contract who can't defend and is a chucker with horrible bball iq and a lockeroom cancer?
    The Lakers wanted to get rid of him and so the Rockets should pay a second? And that was before he even had some slight improvement in his D and attitude.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

16. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Didnt it take him something like two and a half years to assist on a Kobe bucket in LA?

17. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

pretty knee-jerk reaction to one great first half by swaggy p.

reality is that if we got him, he'd probably mess up gordon's groove, which is something we should learn not to do from last year's trade for lou williams.

heypartner likes this.
  18. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

SMH.

what did I say? Should be on our bench.

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yep.

Yep.

Yep.

Yep.

20. CALI_MOST_WANTD

I'm glad this was denied. Can't stand the guy. His mouth bigger than his play. Acts like he the ****. Would been horrible for our team. Would bumped heads with someone most likely.