1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Mutual Interest between Joe Johnson and Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

I think you are missing the point on your comment. He has been to 7 Finals in a row. Sure they are in the East. But 7 FINALS .... IN A ROW. On teams that were poo poo platters before he got there. If that what being all about Lebron is about, I'll take it.

D-rock likes this.
  2. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

ok, maybe 6. I forget.

D-rock likes this.
  3. CCorn

CCorn Member

It’d be cool if Harden kept taking houston to the finals.

4. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Umm. No. Thanks. Anyways...

saleem likes this.
  5. MD_in_Training

Lebron is one of the greatest of all time, no doubt. But the question is how many years does he have left at the production that is needed to put us over the Warriors and justify his salary. Despite what the stats may say this year, he simply doesn't pass the eyeball test. I think it's pretty obvious that he isn't the same player he was 2-3 years ago.
    I would prefer Paul George over Lebron. Dude fits our system perfectly, is a better shooter, and is a better defender than Lebron. He's also 27 years old. If we can somehow pry him away from the Lakers, that would extend our championship window substantially.

Little Bit likes this.
  6. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pu_pu_platter

7. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lebron quitted last night like Harden quitted two years ago before McHale got fired, like Kobe quitted etc...that's what you're saying? Things like these happens when the enviroment is toxic, nothing new here.

seeingred, D-rock and bilaal14 like this.
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Joe Johnson? Yes Please
    LeBron? Like the Drexler Trade - You just do it

Rocket River

Fyreball, amaru, OmegaSupreme and 3 others like this.
  10. hakeemthagreat

Is it a myth or are you a Lebron apologist? Because Kyrie was always the closer in Cleveland. When your season is on the line & your passing up shots for Kyle Kover, i dont think there is a "myth"

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think any intelligent person would pass up a shot for an open Kyle Korver. Am I missing something?

RiceRockets and Patience like this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Lebron is getting older (hard to believe since he’s putting out career numbers and in MVP running THIS season) but Paul George is neither the better player nor better fit on these Rockets.

Lebron is a HOF Playmaker. Imagine MDA system with TWO HOF playmakers for the ENTIRE game. We already see how amazing the team can be with at least ONE HOF Playmaker on floor for entire game.

If Rockets want to get younger then give me Aaron Gordon. AG can play Capela role diving to basket on PNR, Ryno role stepping back and hitting the 3 or be the distributor. Younger, cheaper, longer, more explosive and can defend 1-5. Most importantly AG does not love Los Angeles Lakers.

bilaal14 likes this.
  13. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Lebron is coming. Period.

Just stop all these alternate discussions. Thanks

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

I think Lebron to Houston makes too much sense, but so did Melo to Houston.

But until it happens I will continue to discuss other options, you are more than welcome to ignore those if it bothers you.

BigMaloe, Fyreball and Rocket River like this.
  15. hakeemthagreat

If your the best player on the planet & being guarded one on one, with the game on the line, in the finals, Kyle Kover shouldn't be taking last second shots

16. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

I just think its pointless... especially AG. I will continue to listen, laugh, and be respectful. Go on.

D-rock likes this.
  17. seeingred

seeingred Member

If you're the best player, and being guarded by their best player, and you know the refs swallow their whistles with the game on the line, and they will likely to let the other team foul you when you take your game winning jump shot or drive to the paint, and out of the corner of your eye you see one of the best 3 pt shooters in league history flash open,

pass the damn ball.

Taking and making contested jumpers has never been Lebron's game and honestly, that's a big part of why he's so great.

arubato, RudyTBag and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  18. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Let’s move the Rockets to the Eastern Conference then you’ll get your wish

MarioKissoDeath likes this.
  19. Zergling

Zergling Member

LeBron's priorities right now is friendships, family, brotherhood. He has none of that if he joins the Lakers. And of course, he wants to win now. He's too old to wait for a young team to grow up. The reports that he wants to go to LA is a complete sham, similar to Dwight supposedly being wishy-washy about joining Houston or staying with the Lakers.

20. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Steve Kerr