1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Moreys Summer Goal? Bring CP3+Hayward

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jun 16, 2017.

1. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

No one is going to trade a star player for Anderson's overpaid deal as the centerpiece. That's the biggest problem with your plan.

Reeko likes this.
  2. Zergling

Zergling Member

Why is this relevant? They're in the East. If we're playing them in the Finals (first time since 1995), the experiment was already a resounding success.

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

If someone is responding with "we can't do it"... it's because it's not a response to an actual roster move, it's a response to someone's random proposition or pretend insider information, etc... and whether or not there is an actual path to do it is actually pretty important.

justtxyank and RocketDream like this.
  4. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

The argument is if Cleveland could only take 1 game against GS, our lesser big 3 definitely wouldn't do much against them either. I don't agree with it, but that is the premise.

5. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

What does that have to do with a King's ransom?

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't even agree with your premise that the Cavs big 3 is better.

For one season, of those 6 players I'd probably go the following order if I wanted to build a team for 2017-18:
    Lebron
    Harden
    Chris Paul
    Irving
    Hayward
    Love

Other than Lebron being the best player in the world, I'm not sure I wouldn't take Harden/CP3/Hayward if they could fit together.

7. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

[​IMG]

justtxyank likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

This.

Once I hear Chris Paul say he is signing with the Rockets, I will get excited.

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nice freaking post.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

To me Hayward is even better than Irving...Kyrie is a terrific talent, but playing with Lebron skyrocketed his career and made him look better than what he really is imo. Without Lebron he was trash as a franchise player, no defense, zero ability to make his teammates better, poor playmaking/decision making...he was still pretty young, but if i'm building a team from the ground i would take Hayward before him.

justtxyank likes this.
  11. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Getting my hopes is going to turn me into this.....

[​IMG]

There goes my summer.

12. Caesar

Caesar Member

I meant in terms of CP3 mainly...he's already played nearly as many career games as Hakeem and Barkley and Drexler when they teamed up. Hayward is just another lower tier all star to me so if injury prone CP3 with tons of wear and tear and only getting older ends up missing huge chunks of the season, Harden and Hayward alone would be a first round exit or a 2nd round ass beating IMO.

Of course, in the end it's going to be tough to build a team good enough to beat GS no matter what, but hell....there may have been the Lakers and Celtics in the 80s, but who wouldn't want to be the Sixers of the early 80s or Pistons of the late 80s? Even the late 80s, early 90s Blazers. I'll take it. Some team may end up sucking and finding a once in a generation or lifetime player in the draft while we are trying to win a championship during the Warriors run, but I think the odds of winning a championship might be a bit better than finding another Jordan, LeBron, Wilt, Hakeem etc in the draft. You kind of have no choice but to do everything you can with Harden on your roster. Of course, I hope clutchfans doesn't go into deep depression when we end up with Patrick Patterson and Alessandro Gentile as our big splash and not much changes on the roster.

seeingred, BigMaloe and Pen15clubber like this.
  13. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I like the idea of those 2, but #HowSway? :) Morey is crazy enough to find a way to make anything happen, I guess.

Bigs first though.

BigMaloe, treyk3, DonKnock and 2 others like this.
  14. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

This is the first summer where I'm just gonna chill and masterbate more

seeingred and Caesar like this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

Jerry West and Red Aurbach are arguably the two best GM's in basketball history and both were quite blunt to the media about their players and both gave frequent interviews.

Also show me the interview Morey gave where he said his plan is to sign Paul and Hayward.

You haven't heard the Warriors GM give interviews? He gives them.... and he hasn't been the decision maker in GS anyway.... that would be Jerry West, who often talks openly to the media.

As for all the other teams "working the draft", I am sure Morey would love to have multiple top 3-5 picks to rebuild with, but the owner wouldn't allow it.

16. lionaire

lionaire Member

GIT'R DONE MOREY

Not the top FA's on my personal list but no doubt it makes us better even if we gut the team. Also some of you guys can never be satisfied it seems, go on ahead and become Warriors fans ffs.

17. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Beautiful

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

"Chris Paul will sign with the Rockets"

GET EXCITED MY MAN!

19. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Well, this will be an interesting off-season.

20. Zergling

Zergling Member

Love should be on this list. I could see Cleveland's front office AKA LeBron wanting to sell low on Love to get a number of solid role players.

As for Melo, my dream trade which I already put in the trade thread is getting an unhappy Porzingis and Melo for Capela, Anderson, Williams, + whatever else is necessary.