1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Moreys Summer Goal? Bring CP3+Hayward

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jun 16, 2017.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I can confirm that CyberX posted this.

Morey, I applaud your high aspirations and I truly believe that if we can't get multiple stars we aren't going to compete with this Warriors team (if they stay together, which seems inevitable) barring injury. Morey knows that this is Harden's prime and if he can't surround him with other stars in a star driven league then it's wasted.

I'm not sure if we will be able to pull this off but it's what has to happen.

2 stars need to come here and there is no shortage of stars who seem at least mildly available.

CP3, Jimmy Butler, PG13, Kevin Love, Hayward, Griffin, Cousins. Maybe you put Lowry or Millsap into the mix too. Ibaka I'm not sure would qualify as a star 3rd option.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

will it require Bev + Ryno? hmmm . . . wow, hadn't really thought about it. but I think you're right. especially if Morey is serious about CP3

DonKnock likes this.
  3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Can't blame Daryl for giving it the old college try. Golden State has really shifted the way teams are assessing their futures for the next few years, and the only way the Rockets can hope to keep Harden is by assembling a super-team here. Otherwise, he's probably just going to bounce to LA and form one over there. With that being said, I'd put the likelihood of this plan actually succeeding at just this side of "not in a million years."

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

SURRENDER YOURSELF TO THE RUMOR MILL.

YU SHALL C

justtxyank likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

So what's plan B, C, D & E. ;)

Richie_Rich, Caesar and Vivi like this.
  6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Typical Maury off season

Shoot for the stars

inevitably end empty handed...

He should just stick to losing the weight and grease off himself this summer

7. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

what exactly do you expect him to do? like what choice does he have (and the rest of the league for that matter) but go all out? you act like he didn't score Harden, bring in Howard, bring in lawson even though it was a disaster, sign gordon and anderson, trade for lou, bring in MDA. i'd say his execution has been pretty damn stellar - it's just damn near impossible to compete with the warriors juggernaut.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I don't expect anything, better GMs have kept to themselves, they do not give interviews.

I dun even know who the Mavericks GM is, Cuban does all the talking. Donnie Nelson isn't a better GM, all I am saying Mauri could tone it down

He did not bring Howard though. The city of Houston, the legends, Kevin McHale, Parsons, other recruiters incl. Harden did a lot.

You do not have to attack me because you love him so much.

That is always what you tell people - juggernaut this juggernaut that.

Years ago and by the time Curry was drafted GSW was a borderline playoff team.

Like OKC they went through the draft and got multiple talents, from then onwards they worked their magic.

You dun even know who the GSW GM is because he is rarely in the media spotlight.

You just don't know enough. There are better guys out there and they will surpass Morey without speaking out a word to the public.

#68 daywalker02, Jun 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  9. Raz

Raz Member

Worth a try, even though the chances are limited. Morey has to let everybody in the league know, that he thinks big.

10. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Morey just have a big mouth to say some stupid things before it was done. I can predict that CP3 is not going to come here. Almost 100% sure.

amaru likes this.
  11. Zergling

Zergling Member

GET. ER. DONE.

What's hilarious even if we pull this off is that PF will once again for the millionth time still be our biggest positional weakness.

justtxyank likes this.
  12. mattlivin05

mattlivin05 Member

Ok so after thinking about this for a minute if we can pull this off our lineup would look like
    Cp3
    Harden
    Hayward
    Dekker
    Capella

So no bench, but couldn't we sign veterans to minimum contracts to fill out our roster? I'm pretty sure good solid vets that are chasing a ring would line up to take a minimum contract to play for that staring 5 roster

Plowman likes this.
  13. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

There's no reason why CP would choose Houston over the perfect fit in SA
    I want Hayward but chances re unlikely;the only teams he's interested in is utah/miami/boston

I think you push hard for Hayward right now and then pick up the desperate FA in George next year

mikol13 and amaru like this.
  14. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I feel like Harden would hate playing with Chris Paul. Paul seems like he rides guys too hard and it seems like Harden may buck against that as much as he grew to resent Dwight's half-assery.

I also don't see Hayward turning down both Utah's money and Brad Stevens in Boston to play with us.

15. Fantasma Negro

Seeing how Cyber is almost always wrong, warmly welcome Danilo Gallinari and P. Pat

16. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

ya wasn't attacking you but i will now bc your post is hot garbage. plenty of GM's give all sorts of interviews, including Bob Myers who i've seen on ESPN several times, you just don't pay attention to them bc they're not the Rockets GM. what about Danny Ainge? does he need to pipe down?? Doc Rivers?? don't be stupid.

who do you think led the effort and spearheaded the negotiations with Howard and his agent? Harden? McHale?? the "city of houston"??? again... don't be stupid.

and what the hell does "juggernaut this juggernaut that" mean? if we want to get the title we have to go through GSW and Lebron - you know, the two cornerstones who have dominated the league for 4 and 8 years respectively behind their own superteams. so please... don't be stupid.

so to summarize - do better. don't be stupid.

baubo, Deckard, KlutchQT and 5 others like this.
  17. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

You're not gonna get me excited again Murray

not this year...

Nook and justtxyank like this.
  18. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

lol, bruh, the Murray fat jokes are funny, but just for so long...

19. amaru

amaru Member

Likelihood of landing either player: 0.5%

Likelihood of landing both players: 0.05%

justtxyank likes this.
  20. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

i dont see how the salaries work, the team will have to be gutted...even then

amaru likes this.