1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Moreys Summer Goal? Bring CP3+Hayward

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jun 16, 2017.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

D Rose, Gallinari, Eric Gordon, Ryno Anderson

Keith Jones will have his hands full for a change and not his mouth full

Pen15clubber likes this.
  2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

If you dont think Keith Jones can wrap an ankle with a cheeseburger in his mouth... I think you would be mistaken sir... lol

J.R. and FTW Rockets FTW like this.
  3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If by "win-now" you mean winning a few more regular season games, well yeah.

More competitive? We are already a competitive team. Adding a Chris Paul is not going get us closer to a championship. I'd rather be more competitive and have a real shot at the title a few years down the road than winning a few more regular season games now. Harden is only 28. He still has about 4 or 5 years of his prime. Get a younger star to play alongside him.

4. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Such as?

Just picking your brain.

5. Asian Sensation

So you want to waste Harden's best prime years until he's closer to Chris Paul's age and hope we're in a position to have a real shot at that time? Harden and CP3 are both ready to win now. What younger star do you suggest we add instead?

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Harden is 28, the Warriors core is 28. Waiting them out is not an option.

7. basketballholic

Naw. If you gonna do it, do it right. Trade Ariza, Lou, Dekker, Harrell, and Taylor for three first round draft picks. Then sign Paul. Then trade Capela, Gordon, Anderson, plus two of the picks picks we received asking with our 18 and 21 picks for both George and DeMarcus. Draft Mason and Bolden in the second. Keep one of the firsts you got for dumping the other guys and draft Bell in the first with it. Sign Brandon Rush to a minimum deal. If Dotson or Jok go undrafted, sign them.

Paul/Mason
    Bev/Jok
    Harden/room mle
    DeMarcus/Bell
    George/Bolden

#387 basketballholic, Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  8. koby1868

koby1868 Member

I think the goal now should be to land PG13 in trade. Then go after Ibaka to play the 4/5. That gives us a great team defensively and both players can shoot the 3.

I think EG, Trez, 2018 1st rounder, 2017 2nd rounder for PG would get it done.

Beverley/Brown/Taylor
    Harden/Lou Williams/Troy Williams
    George/Ariza/Dekker
    Ibaka/Anderson/Wiltjer
    Capela/Nene/Onuaku

Maybe you move a few of those young guys towards the end of the rotation and add some vets looking for rings. (Gay?)

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Paul George! Kristaps Porzingis! Jimmy Butler! Gordan Hayward! Carmelo Anthony! Chris Paul! Kevin Love! Paul Millsap!

Some great summer goals for Maurey!

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Too many tricks up his several sleeves chins

CP3
    Harden
    Butler
    Paul George
    Porkzingis

Bench:

6th man: Gordon Hayward

Vivi and J.R. like this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol

12. rocketseagles07

We're becoming lakers fans out here

Remlap likes this.
  13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

To be honest, I don't know. What I know is getting older stars is not going to cut it. I hope that's not Morey's plan.
    Again, Harden and Paul together is not going to beat the Warriors. Do you really think they can? Paul had Griffin, Reddick, and Jordan, and they couldn't even beat us, let alone GSW. Look at the Cavs. They had LeBron freaking James and Kyrie Irving, and Kevin Love, and a bunch of over-the-hill former stars. They still needed a super shooting night to avoid being swept. You think Harden and Paul and a mediocre supporting cast is going to "win now"?

If we are going to pair Paul with Harden to challenge the Warriors, we still need another top 10 player AND and good bench. How are you going to do that?
    You are assuming they can keep their core throughout their prime. I am not sure if they can do that. Klay and Iggy said they would stay. We'll see. Durant might want to bolt after winning a couple of rings to prove he could win on his own terms rather than joining a superteam. I do expect Durant to re-sign with GS for another short contract, one year or at most two. Curry will always be the face of the Warriors. Everybody sees Durant to be a mercenary now. He may be their best player. But it will never be his team. Green looks like he will stick around.

So the core may very well disintegrate after a couple of years. By then, Harden will still be in his prime. Chris Paul will be 34 and going down hill fast.

14. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Bleacher Report reporting that the Warriors are interested in Paul George now too.

Glad we have all these pioneering posters telling us we shouldn't go after CP3/George/Hayward to keep us grounded:rolleyes:

15. JD88

JD88 Member

Id rather have Millsap.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The NBA looks more and more like the Cold War nuclear arm race back when the USSR still existed.

17. Asian Sensation

Rome wasn't built in a day. All I'm saying is adding Paul gets us closer to where we want to be. There's no denying that IMO. If you do then agree to disagree.

18. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Remlap likes this.
  19. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

another pipe dream thread

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't disagree that adding Paul gets us closer. I just don't think it is nearly close enough unless we add another top 10 guy, which is pretty much impossible.

Rome wasn't built in a day. By the time it was completely built, some of the original stones were already rotten. We need fresher stones, not stones that are already rotting, so that it doesn't keep crumbling when it is being built.