1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Moreys Summer Goal? Bring CP3+Hayward

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jun 16, 2017.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'm not in love with Ariza anymore, but I think Gallo is overrated as well, as he is a horrible rebounder and doesn't play defense and always hurt.

Also, again you are double counting people, as you say turn Ariza/Williams in Gallo, then later mention Lou's salary to turn into a PF...

Anyway, my big issue here is with Gallinari, who got paid $15+ million last year and theoretically would be looking for at least that much to start on a 3+ year deal. Whereas Ariza is getting paid $7 million for the next two years.

I'd be ok swapping Anderson for Gallinari, all other options being exhausted, though would note Gallo isn't really a PF. But you'd be going all in on the hybrid forward experiment and who cares if you're one of the worst rebounding frontcourts in the league!!!.

2. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

I'd prefer Millsap over Griffin. He's a better shooter, defender, and is more durable. Blake can shoot you out of games, especially in the playoffs.

BigggReddd, kjayp and Matt78777 like this.
  3. JayZ750

Random, but I still can't put my head around how a CP3+Harden pairing would be weird and 1+1 would definitely be less than 2. And how EG on the other hand makes a lot of sense next to CP3.

If the Rockets could get CP3 and Hayward (per the original title of this thread!) or PG13 (more realistic, honestly... though neither are very realistic), I think the team would be better if Harden was traded for either AD (seems like Pels would still say no... but you never know!! Harden+PBev for AD+Solomon Hill who has a horrible contract) or to NYK for Porzingod + the 7th pick.

CP3
    EG
    Hayward or PG13
    AD or Porzingis
    Capela

LOL... dreaming!

Gorki likes this.
  4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

yep i goobered on double counting Lou... i was thinking Troy's 1.5 + ariza's 7M +12M space...
    gallo is a gamble....

#344 kjayp, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  5. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

agreed. Griffin doesn't really fit this team given he can't shoot 3's, but loves long jumpers, especially when hurt. In some ways he's a lot like Amare was, which means D'Antoni would only play him at center. Given how fragile he is playing PF, doubt he could handle guarding Centers.

6. kjayp

i'd be happy with Milsap as well...

7. JayZ750

I feel like Millsap's max contract definitely starts at at least $30 million a year. Maybe even $35 million.

Would you be happy with Paul Millsap for 4 years, $150 million?

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  8. JD88

JD88 Member

What's the obsession with Gallinari?

Does he even play anymore?

basketballholic likes this.
  9. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Honestly CP3 and Hayward are pipe dreams separately...together? Good lord...

What's the starting 5?

CP - Harden - Hayward - Ryno - Capela

Is that even a legit contender?

10. kjayp

I'd be happy filling Ryno's slot with Milsap... but Idk with that price tag... but i'd rather spend stupid money on Milsap than CP3 - given our present configuration (ie Bev at 6M vs Ryno at 20M...)

Von Rafer likes this.
  11. JayZ750

That's actually a fair argument.

kjayp likes this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Damn if only Morey would be somehow able to get Porzingis...

On the Griffin/Millsap debate i don't really know what we should eventually do...i mean, they're both great players, but overall i think i'd take Millsap...Griffin has more talent and he's younger, but he's also always injured lately (and his athleticism doesn't look the same as few years ago). Millsap is more durable, not a mental midget, and he would be able to play the 5 since he can play good defense and blocks some shots, Griffin at the 5 would kill our defense. Imo there's also a good chance that Millsap gets less money.

13. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Whats intriguing to me is if it is CP3 that Morey is pursuing and lets just say it happens. You have a CP3/Harden backcourt that is just amazing on paper. How they will work out i have no idea but they are superstars they'll figure it out.

What will be interesting though is that Paul will be handed over the offense (as he rightfully should be) and Harden will go back to being the secondary play maker for the team. It will be interesting to see how that will work out. I believe the way the league is trending more so than ever is to have one elite playmaking guard and one very good off ball/spot up shooting guard. I can't recall there ever being two playmaking guards of Harden's and Paul's caliber in the same backcourt before.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I am in agreement with @basketballholic that if you are adding Paul I'd love to keep Beverly and have Harden at the 3 essentially.

Bev is just a perfect roster piece. Hustles, great rebounder for a guard, hits the 3, doesn't demand the ball, etc.

15. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Lebron and wade in Miami is very similar.

Only harden and cp3 are much better outside shooters.

So it can work but both guys have to buy in.

DonKnock, Yaosthirdleg and BigMaloe like this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

Yup......

What would be interesting would be signing Paul, and then dealing Capela and draft picks for Paul George.

Go.... with a 1-4 of

Paul
    Beverley
    Harden
    George

That would be a very interesting team.

YaoMing#1 likes this.
  17. Caesar

Caesar Member

Maybe Morey wants an interchangeable backcourt like the Pistons had. Like 3 guys that can run the point at any given time. If you can't get CP3, DRose is out there too and he looked great this year IMO. A Former MVP and a 2 time runner up MVP :p

18. Nook

Nook Member

Rose is hot garbage.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That would be great - but pretty unlikely.

DD

20. Caesar

Caesar Member

No he's not. He can easily be our Byron Scott to Harden's Magic Johnson. :)

The KNICKS are hot garbage.